Meijer Interview Questions in Grand Rapids, MI

Updated Apr 3, 2015

2.8

Merchandise Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Meijer (Grand Rapids, MI) in February 2015.

Interview

After an on campus career fair, they held next day interviews. It was a 30 minutes interview. About a week later, I received a phone call from HR requesting a second round interview. They provided transportation to this interview in Grand Rapids, MI. The on site interview consisted of three 30-minute interviews and a personality/IQ assessment.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when using email was not a sufficient form of communication.   Answer Question

Merchandising Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Meijer (Grand Rapids, MI) in February 2015.

Interview

Process was overall very good, they got back to me after a career fair and had initial interview right away. I passed this round and then invited on site for three interviews with HR and other managers. They were very easy to talk to and interested in learning about me and filling in the blanks where I did not understand things.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you should have asked for help, but didn't, and what was the outcome? How would you have responded to it differently?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Meijer (Grand Rapids, MI).

Interview

I applied online. Around a month or two later, I received an e-mail telling me to sign up for an interview time. There was only one interview session. I first interviewed with two Meijer managers at the same time for 30 minutes and then interviewed with one Meijer Manager for 30 minutes. I received a call offering my the position around a week later.

Interview Questions

• The questions were fairly basic. They were mostly behavior type questions. Because my interview was for their e-commerce position, the asked me what I did and didn't like about their website and what my favorite website was and why.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations because it is an intern position.

Corporate Asset Protection Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Meijer (Grand Rapids, MI).

Interview

The hiring process for my department was not well developed when I came on board. I believe the current process is to apply online, be contacted by an HR rep for a phone screen or initial interview. If you make it this far there will be an interview with the person who will be your boss and then a second interview with his or her boss. I also took a personality test.

Interview Questions

• They will go over some of your specific answers from the personality test during your second interview. This caught me off guard.   1 Answer

Inventory Control Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Meijer (Grand Rapids, MI) in January 2014.

Interview

I spoke with a recruiter at a job fair and was offered an interview the following day on campus. It was a casual interview, mainly behavioral based questions and making sure I understood the role. Then two weeks later I was invited to Grand Rapids for second rounds. There were three 30 minute interviews and then an assessment. Once again the questions were fairly easy and traditional behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to make a decision with limited information   Answer Question

Negotiation

Did not negotiate

QA Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Meijer (Grand Rapids, MI) in January 2014.

Interview

face to face with group panel. Ask me piratical job question.had a computer test as well.i go through the test and is was very impressive.Ask me piratical job question.face to face with group panel

Interview Questions

• How was yore job experience ?   1 Answer

Corporate Brands Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Meijer (Grand Rapids, MI) in June 2013.

Interview

The interview process was great, very straightforward and typical interview questions. I interviewed with 3 people, separately. The interview room was very small, so it was a little intimidating. The questions themselves were nothing out of the ordinary and I was able to provide good answers and examples. The hiring process did take some time, but was rather smooth once the initial offer was sent. I was able to negotiate the salary, which was greatly appreciated.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult task or problem you encountered and explain how you were successful.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very easy to negotiate.

Retail Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Meijer (Grand Rapids, MI) in May 2013.

Interview

Three different interview for a part-time job. Talk about a joke. First one was with the manager I would be under. The second interview I had to come in at MIDNIGHT to speak to a different manager (this was for a daytime shift job). The third interview was with a store director to do a background check, I guess if you make it to the third you are hired (according to every employee I spoke with). Took two weeks from applying to starting the job.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of poor customer service?
      Why do you want to work at Meijer?

Answer Question

Retail Financial Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

Interview

I was contacted by phone and asked to schedule a phone interview. We played phone tag for about 2 days and then scheduled an interview for a week later. The interview was with the same woman who first contacted me, and was pretty straight forward. Most questions were behavioral with a couple that were unusual in my experiences. The phone call lasted about 25 minutes and I was told I would be contacted within 2 weeks to either schedule a face to face interview or be told I did not receive the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when your group of friends caught on to a trend, and you were left behind?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you were presented with false information, and what did you do to solve the issue?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Meijer (Grand Rapids, MI) in March 2013.

Interview

Took about four weeks after applying to get a call. Had a scheduled phone interview and that went great, then I had an in person interview the following day. Called me a few hours later and gave me the job