Meijer Interview Questions

Updated Aug 25, 2015

2.2

Merchandie Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Walker, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Meijer (Walker, MI).

Interview

3 rounds of interviews, last interview process was four 30 minute sessions but four different hiring managers. Phone interview, then interview on campus. After the interview on campus, I was scheduled for a panel interview at the corporate office,.

Interview Questions

• What are the top 5 most important things in merchandising.   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Interview

The interview was with three different managers. The first interview was with the manager from the department you applied to, then the service lines leader, and final interview was with the store director. They asked simple questions such as what would you do if you had an upset customer. Once hired, you have to complete some testing and training on the computer which is easy, then you start doing the actual work.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you caught someone shoplifting?   2 Answers

Negotiation

The easiest interview I ever had.

Bakery Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Swartz Creek, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Meijer (Swartz Creek, MI).

Interview

Three-stage process: One telephone, two face-to-face. Followed by an orientation meeting if hired. You shouldn't really lose any sleep over their process. It seems like what their trying to do, and rightly so, is weed out anyone who you probably wouldn't want to work with anyway.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time when you made a decision that helped a customer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, just stick to what you really applied for, unless it doesn't really matter to you. I rarely see people transferring departments, and the new hire gets the hours no one wants. Hours are not consistent if you're not full time.

GM Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Meijer.

Interview

It was pretty easy. I just answered all the questions asked in detail and with a story and kept a smile on my face and stayed positive through out the interviews. I interviewed three times with two people, the third interview being my offer to work their.

General Merchandise Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockford, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Meijer (Rockford, IL).

Interview

Meijer was opening two new stores in the Rockford area. I applied online. A month later I had a phone interview. He asked about my experience and I answered some situation questions. The phone interview took about half an hour. He said they were calling other people and told me that in a month Meijer would be doing a mass hire event. It was a week long event. They were hiring 600 people for both stores. I was called to make an interview appointment at the mass hire event. I had two interviews there. Both interviews were the same day and lasted 30 minutes or so. I was interviewed by store managers and was hired the same day. After my background check I was called to attend orientation. At orientation I received my work shirt and work schedule and started immediately. From the time I was first called until I was hired was about a month.

Interview Questions

• They asked a lot of situation questions. Like what would you do if you saw someone shoplifting? How would you handle an upset customer? They seemed to want to know more about the kind of person I was and not my lack of experience. The managers were very nice.   1 Answer

Grocery Stocker Third Shift Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portage, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Meijer (Portage, MI) in August 2015.

Interview

Local human resources called me and did an on the spot interview with me. Then she answered any questions and set up a second interview with me (it was a day and a half process from the time I applied to this phone call). I interviewed with the grocery manager on Friday and he said he was going to put me in for a final interview and that they would contact me for that sometime this week. I still haven't heard from them yet but with it just bei b Tuesday of this week we will see.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Meijer.

Interview

Went through one interview with the service manager. Easiest interview I have ever had. She only asked me what I was going to college to become and what days I could work. Interviews go through 3 steps now with 3 different people.

General Merchandise Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Meijer (Bloomington, IL).

Interview

I submitted online application and went for walk in interview. 1st interview was very good interviewer lady was nice and friendly but 2nd interviewer was so boring and i didn't understand what he was asking.

Interview Questions

• 1. Why do you want to work with Meijer? 2. who do you handle arguments? 3. what you diid when you face rude person?   Answer Question

Produce Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Meijer (Springfield, IL) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was called about 5 days later for an interview. They have a 3 interview process, the first one with who will ultimately be your manager, this is who you need to impress. If they want you then the other 2 interviews are basically a formality, there is a list of preassigned questions they have to ask but they didn't really care. I was offered a job on the spot, but the RAA (secretary) who runs background checks was out of town so it took a ridiculous amount of time to get called with my start date.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to cover the work of someone else.   Answer Question

Pricing Analyst Meijer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Meijer (Lansing, MI) in July 2015.

Interview

Phone interview, in person interview with a manager, then meet the store manager. Asked a series of questions about past situations. Can be related to anything. You're informed of some benefits. You get called back a week later if you passed your background test (but I called them first).

Interview Questions

• Q: Name a time you went above and beyond to help someone Q: Describe a time when you worked with someone you didn't like   Answer Question