Meijer

135 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

GM Clerk Interview

Standale, MI

I applied online - interviewed at Meijer in February 2011.

Interview Details – First you get called in, then you get a one on one interview with the manager and the a one on one interview with the store director and the entire process usually takes forever.

Interview Question – What has been a difficult challenge you have overcome in work experience?   Answer Question

Charlotte, MI

I applied online and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Meijer in March 2014.

Interview Details – First I had a phone interview with the cashier team leader. Two days later I was called back for an interview with both the cashier team leader and the line team leader for the following day. I did a third interview two days later with the store director and that was when I was offered a position. Overall the questions are fairly standard

Interview Question – Tell me about a time that you had to deal with a situation with management that made you uncomfortable.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. I make minimum wage and the store is unionized. You get raises after you work so many hours.

Intern Interview

I applied online and interviewed at Meijer.

Interview Details – Got a call and set up an interview.

Interview Question – Nothing that stood out or out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Warren, MI

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Meijer in June 2013.

Interview Details – Their are three part to their interview process. One interview each with three different lead workers at the company. Two with two different mangers. One with The lead of the of the position that you applied for.

Interview Question – The most difficult part of their interview process is that it runs over a couple of days depending on how many people or spot they have available. I came back two times just for the interview process and I was worried if they was going to call me back. Ibhsd two interviews in one day and one interview days later.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They only thing that was negotiateble was the hours that you are willing to work but they still had a set time that they wanted you to be open from.The wage is already established. And is none negotiateble.

Intern Interview

Grand Rapids, MI

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Meijer.

Interview Details – I applied online. Around a month or two later, I received an e-mail telling me to sign up for an interview time. There was only one interview session. I first interviewed with two Meijer managers at the same time for 30 minutes and then interviewed with one Meijer Manager for 30 minutes. I received a call offering my the position around a week later.

Interview Question – The questions were fairly basic. They were mostly behavior type questions. Because my interview was for their e-commerce position, the asked me what I did and didn't like about their website and what my favorite website was and why.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations because it is an intern position.

Kalamazoo, MI

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Meijer in February 2012.

Interview Details – online application, in person interivew

Interview Question – they didnt really ask that   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – not enough pay

Cashier Interview

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Meijer.

Interview Details – I had a relative working at Meijer, which seems to be the best way to get hired. They barely interviewed me. I met with three different managers on the same day, and was offered the job after meeting with the store director.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions - it was a very basic interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation in regards to wages - you were able to suggest what area you wanted to work in, but there were no guarantees.

Seasonal Interview

Indianapolis, IN

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Meijer in November 2013.

Interview Details – Very simple interview process for seasonal work. Attended a job fair proceeded through 2 interviews questions were essentially the same, but different in the level. Met with the store director all within a 2 hr time period. I was hired that day pending my background check. I've made it past the seasonal window and continue to work at a part time employee working well over the part time hrs they say you will get.

Interview Question – no questions were technically hard or unexpected. most just were to gauge your personality and how you handle certain situations.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotitation

Merchandise Associate Interview

Merchandise Associate

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Meijer.

Interview Details – I met a recruiter at the career fair at school. I had already applied for the job and later the next week I had an interview on campus. About 3-4 days passed and I was invited for the second round interview which took about 4.5-5 hours. I met with 5 different interviewers for 30 minutes each and then took an online assessment that was not too difficult, personality questions and some math questions as well.

Interview Question – What would be some factors that need to be taken into account making sure a product was in stock?   Answer Question

Grocery Team Member Interview

Algonquin, IL

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Meijer in November 2011.

Interview Details – Short phone interview with a supervisor. I was then interviewed by the Grocery Line Leader and a Team Leader at the same time. They asked many personal career related questions. Many questions were about my personality. Very well done and thought out. Final interview with a Store Director similar to previous.

Interview Question – Give me an example of an issue with safety that you have had in a past work place and how did you resolve it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Interviews for Top Jobs at Meijer

Worked for Meijer? Contribute to the Community!

Meijer Videos

Meijer – Why Work for Us?

Join a Company Where the Standard Is Excellence! Meijer is a leading supercenter located in five states throughout the Midwest, with nearly 200 stores and over 60,000 employees. As a multi-billion dollar retailer… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Meijer interview questions and advice. All 135 interview reviews posted anonymously by Meijer employees and interview candidates.