Meijer Interview Questions

Updated Aug 18, 2014
Updated Aug 18, 2014

2.3

Systems/Pricing Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Meijer in June 2014.

Very unorganized. Listened to interviewee rant on the phone during interview about her days off. Was asked for 2nd interview but she was on vacation when I showed up so i'd have to come back again. Ran background check on first job only to have to go back to that one and do it again because it wasn't done correctly.

Interview Questions
    • Not really any difficult questions. Was asked if I would mind being cross trained on a more physical job to cover others.   Answer Question

minimum wage plus union dues not enough. Had to go back too many times for the amount of mistakes from two different stores didn't bode well for the job.

Department Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Royal Oak, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Royal Oak, MI

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days - interviewed at Meijer in June 2010.

3 interviews one of them was for a drug screening. they have a big list of structured questions. Three different interviews with similar questions and by three r more different individuals

Interview Questions
    • how were you able to fix a problem associated with your performance that was reported to your superior by a customer.   Answer Question
    they just told you what the pay was.

Corporate Brands Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Grand Rapids, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

I applied online - interviewed at Meijer in June 2013.

The interview process was great, very straightforward and typical interview questions. I interviewed with 3 people, separately. The interview room was very small, so it was a little intimidating. The questions themselves were nothing out of the ordinary and I was able to provide good answers and examples. The hiring process did take some time, but was rather smooth once the initial offer was sent. I was able to negotiate the salary, which was greatly appreciated.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a difficult task or problem you encountered and explain how you were successful.   Answer Question
    Very easy to negotiate.

Fashion Team Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Meijer.

A week after applying online I was called and had a phone interview that went extremely well. She then scheduled my second interview in person the same day with two managers. This also went over extremely well. The third interview was about a week later with the store director. Not a very friendly lady but it was a standard interview. As soon as she finished with the questions she simply told me I would not be hired because I was not available on weekends. I would have been understanding of this if it had not been on my application that I was not able to work weekends as well as being asked at the beginning of all three interviews! It was a complete waste of my time.

Interview Questions
    • Had to explain why my previous managers were unaccountable for other employees slacking off on the job.   Answer Question

Gas Station Team Member Interview

It took about a week and a half. I applied online at the company website and got a phone call. I had 2 to 3 interviews. One with the manager and the other with the store director. Then both at the same time. A call came in 2 days later from HR offering the position.

GM Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Meijer in May 2014.

Applied online, about two weeks later got call to make interview appointment. Made appointment that following week. Interview was quick, 3 behavioral questions. and was told to hear call back following week. The questions were typical, and pretty laid back. Didn't receive call back by date they said they would :(

Bakery Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Commerce, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Commerce, MI

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Meijer in May 2014.

My interview process was extremely unprofessional. I was scheduled to arrive for an in-person interview, arrived, and was informed that my 1st interview was actually supposed to be over the phone. Regardless, I was interviewed by who would become my direct supervisor who proceeded to bad mouth the job and warned me of implied sexual harassment from male coworkers in the deli. My 2nd interview was extremely satisfactory, but was done by another department head. During my 3rd interview, I waited over 20 minutes for my interviewer to stop talking to other employees and leaving to deal with other issues. Overall, I found out that this is not even close to being an ideal workplace.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were predictable, expected, or stereotypical.   Answer Question

I believed my workplace would be unprofessional and unproductive.

Bakery/Deli Clerk Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Meijer.

Being interviewed by three different people is a part of the process. I had all three interviews by three different people one after another. Offered me the position after the third interview.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to deal with an uncomfortable situation with a coworker or management. Describe a time when you went above and beyond in customer service.   Answer Question

Clerk Interview

The hiring process now includes a drug test and physical fitness test you have to be at least 18 years of age with a high school diploma or an G.E.D. you have to have dependable transportation because the warehouse is not located near any bus route.

notthing

Third Shift Stocker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dearborn, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dearborn, MI

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Meijer in May 2014.

It was 3 interviews 1st Phone, Second face to face & 3rd Face to face. Pretty straight forward. Go in there relaxed and confident and they will hire you. they are a great company and is willing to work with you. even gives you an opportunity to take a leadership position.

Interview Questions
    • Difficult question? tell me about a time when you had to assist another team member at a busy time in the day   Answer Question
    Signed paper work no negotiaiton

Worked for Meijer? Contribute to the Community!