Meijer Interview Questions

Updated Jul 23, 2015

2.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oak Creek, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Meijer (Oak Creek, WI) in June 2015.

Interview

I put in an app online, got an email to set up the phone interview within a few hours. I had the phone interview the next day. She basically just asked about availability, pay and why I was leaving my current job. She called me back for a 2nd interview about a week later. .I had my 2nd interview about 2 weeks after that it was one on one. My final interview was the same day, just a meet and greet with the store coordinator.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to work with someone rude. How did you handle it? (2nd interview)   Answer Question
    • Name a time when you went above a customers expectation of customer service. (2nd interview)   Answer Question
    • Name a time when you were recognized for your customer service. (2nd interview)   Answer Question
    • Name a time when you had to deal with a difficult situation. (3rd interview)   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alma, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Meijer (Alma, MI) in June 2015.

Interview

I was called by someone who was not the person who would be interviewing me and I scheduled the interview. Since the person didn't explain where in the building I would be interviewing at, I asked. The interviewer was the manager of the department that needed workers. Her body language indicated that she was very tired and busy. I had to wait in the room she directed me to. The rooms were ugly and bare little offices. She answered 2 walkie-talkie calls while interviewing me. The notes she was writing were very short and didn't reflect the emotion I was putting into my answers. I felt very disrespected even if none of it was intentionally personal.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time where you and a coworker had a disagreement and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question
    • Talk about a time where you and your boss had a disagreement and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Grocery Stocker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Meijer.

Interview

I had a phone interview and then came in for a interview with the manager. It was simple and they were going to give me the job but I said I couldn't work on Saturday mornings.

Anonymous Employee in Plainfield, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Meijer (Plainfield, IN) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was called about a week and a half later. It was a simple, 10 minute interview; the woman was really sweet and asked me about availability, hours, and then three basic interview questions. I have no previous work experience, so I answered based on experiences at school and in daily life. I was then told to come in the next day for a second interview. Second interview went pretty well, the interviewer was very nice and laid back, and questions pretty standard. Was scheduled for a third interview, which I have yet to go to.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you went out of your way to help someone.   Answer Question

General Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wyoming, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Meijer (Wyoming, MI) in May 2015.

Interview

It was very simple, I applied online. Got a call back into the store for an interview. I was brought back by the manager to the stock room office. I was given three interviews on the same day and was hired within 2 hours. They offer very competitive wages and benefits.

New Store Openings Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wauwatosa, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Meijer (Wauwatosa, WI) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online and I was called back within 20 minutes. The woman whom I spoke with was very friendly, asked why I was interested in Meijer and setup a phone interview for the following day.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Meijer?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Meijer in May 2015.

Interview

Contacted me a day after I applied. There was only one person I interviewed with and it was easy with only four questions then the rest of the process was him explaining the job. Asking what hours I can work, if I have previous experience with customer service. Did not seem like he looked at my application beforehand. The interview was very easy and casual. I was offered the job right then and there. Background check took only a few days and then they call to set up orientation. Pay is $9 an hour and non negotiable.

Interview Questions

• Name a time a customer made a difficult request. Name a time you were helping one customer and other customers needed assistance as well. Name a time you witnessed something you didn't feel was right. What were your goals at your past job?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bay City, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Meijer (Bay City, MI) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was called around three-four weeks later. The woman on the phone was nice and asked me a few questions that were already answered on my application, such as availability and experience. She then proceeded to ask me interview questions that highlighted teamwork skills, customer service skills, and problem solving skills. It was fairly easy and I was able to use examples from my previous job at Target. She then told me that she would pass my information along and someone would let me know if I was selected for an interview in person. I got another call two days later from a different woman who scheduled me to come in for an interview the next day. I arrived at Meijer and waited about ten minutes at customer service before being brought back. The woman was nice and asked me to tell her a little bit about myself. I told her I was a student and was looking to work until I went back to school in August. She seemed flabbergasted and asked me if I had told that to the woman I first interviewed with. I did, and I also wrote it on my application. She then seemed confused, and then proceeded to tell me she had nothing for me, since she wasn't looking for a seasonal position. I was flabbergasted, and she quickly dismissed me and pointed to the door. I'm still in shock that they could have dropped the ball like that and called me in for a second interview when they had nothing for me. It was completely unprofessional and ridiculous. I will not be applying to Meijer again, and I hope to warn others who are looking for seasonal positions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you went above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Meijer.

Interview

straight forward. 3 rounds, 1 person each. I interviewed with my main boss, and then the assistant store director, and than the store director. everyone was very nice and it was not a bad interview process. a little lenghty though

General Merchandise Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Walker, MI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Meijer (Walker, MI).

Interview

I filled out an application to work there, was called for an interview, had an interview with team leader for section they had open, which was hardlines, marking room. Was given the job 3 days after my interview.

Interview Questions

• They wanted to mainly know what days and hours I was available to work.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They told me what I would be making an hour and what hours I would be working and what benefits I would be eligible for after the 90 day interim time, to see if I was able to do the job, if not they could fire me without needing a reason, unlike after I joined the Union and it is harder to fire an employee then.