Meijer Interview Questions

Updated Apr 13, 2015
Updated Apr 13, 2015

2.3

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Meijer.

Interview

straight forward. 3 rounds, 1 person each. I interviewed with my main boss, and then the assistant store director, and than the store director. everyone was very nice and it was not a bad interview process. a little lenghty though

General Merchandise Clerk Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Meijer (Walker, MI).

Interview

I filled out an application to work there, was called for an interview, had an interview with team leader for section they had open, which was hardlines, marking room. Was given the job 3 days after my interview.

Interview Questions

• They wanted to mainly know what days and hours I was available to work.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They told me what I would be making an hour and what hours I would be working and what benefits I would be eligible for after the 90 day interim time, to see if I was able to do the job, if not they could fire me without needing a reason, unlike after I joined the Union and it is harder to fire an employee then.

Inventory Control Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Meijer.

Interview

Total of 3 interviews. First was a quick meeting. Second was a formal interview at my school. Third was at their global HQ in Grand Rapids. All interviews were relaxed. They wanted to get to know you and your experiences. Overall, the interview process was very quick, with no issues.

Interview Questions

• It was mostly your typical behaviorial type questions. General Example: Tell us a time when... and you respond with a story from your experience. General Topics: Leadership, a time you overcame something, group work, etc...   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Meijer (Detroit, MI) in April 2015.

Interview

The Meijers Hiring Process
    Three Interviews with different people.
    1) Phone Interview. Which takes about 15 Mins.
    2) In person interview With the Team Leader ( If You Make it past the first interview. This Interview is the most critical part of the hiring process)
    3) In person Interview with the store director ( More Of a Meet and Great.

I applied to a new meijer store.
    It took about 3-4 weeks In Total.

The energy was very high and welcoming.

Dress appropriate.
    Stay calm.
    Always smile.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to work with someone that was rude? What did you do to resolve it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiations for positions under management. Its minimum wage with quarterly raises after 350 work hours complete its programmed to give you a raise after so many hours worked.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Meijer (Battle Creek, MI) in April 2015.

Interview

The hiring process was 3 interviews. I personally interviewed with 2 managers and the store director all in the same day.The interview questions were simple S.T.A.R. (Situation, Task, Action, Result). All 3 of the interviews took an hour. Really friendly associates.

Interview Questions

• Has there ever been a time where you had to work with a coworker you hated?   Answer Question

Store Detective Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Meijer.

Interview

I applied online. Once they get to reviewing and sorting through applicants, you will receive a call for an interview if you are selected to move on in the process. From there it is the standard 2-3 interviews by various management staff (including the initial interview).

The first one will likely be with the [Market] Team Leader who will be your boss should you get the job. For the second interview, you will be interviewed at the store where you will be based. The third interview will be with Regional Manager (the Market Team Leader's Boss). From what I hear, depending on how badly they need more employees, you may not need to go to a third interview.

The interview was for what they call a "Store Detective Intern." After some training you will be promoted to Store Detective and receive a pay increase as well.

Programmer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Meijer.

Interview

Very technical thorough interview with a panel. Few rounds with different people. Be ready to explain your past experiences in detail. At times can get repetitive. Make sure to explain the latest trends in market

Interview Questions

• Lot of SQL database related questions. Net, web based questions   Answer Question

GM Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Meijer (Grove City, OH) in March 2015.

Interview

I had three very quick interviews and they were all very easy. All of the interviewers were very nice. They all understood I had no job experience, or experiences with interviews, and helped me not feel stressed. They also understood that I could only work certain times during the week. They clearly state what the dress code is, what jobs I would do in my position, how my first few weeks would go, the pay, and other information I would need to know going into the job.

Interview Questions

• If you were a used car in a car lot, what three words would you use to get me to buy you?   1 Answer

Merchandising Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Meijer (Grand Rapids, MI) in February 2015.

Interview

Process was overall very good, they got back to me after a career fair and had initial interview right away. I passed this round and then invited on site for three interviews with HR and other managers. They were very easy to talk to and interested in learning about me and filling in the blanks where I did not understand things.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you should have asked for help, but didn't, and what was the outcome? How would you have responded to it differently?   Answer Question

Merchandise Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Meijer (Grand Rapids, MI) in February 2015.

Interview

After an on campus career fair, they held next day interviews. It was a 30 minutes interview. About a week later, I received a phone call from HR requesting a second round interview. They provided transportation to this interview in Grand Rapids, MI. The on site interview consisted of three 30-minute interviews and a personality/IQ assessment.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when using email was not a sufficient form of communication.   Answer Question