Meijer

Updated Dec 11, 2014
Updated Dec 11, 2014

2.3

GM Clerk Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Meijer.

Toured the store and talked with managers in three different departments, including the store manager. Questions were behavior-based for the most part. My conversation with the store manager centered around my school experience. I later heard that they were most impressed that I dressed up and was conscientious and articulate. All in all it was a painless and positive experience.

Interview Questions
    • This was my first job, so questions about previous customer service experience were a challenge. They understood and didn't really care that I couldn't answer.   Answer Question

Grocery Team Leader Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Meijer.

Didn't hear back for two weeks after applying. Then had a panel interview at a hiring event. Then 2 weeks later I met with the store director and we discussed the position. I started working a week later.

Interview Questions
    Able to negotiate pay and vacation time.

Pharmacy Technician Interview

I was interviewed by three different people from three different departments of Meijer. The first interview was the head pharmacist, the next two were team leaders from grocery and store management. I was impressed by the professionalism and thoroughness of the questions. Once I was hired there was a little bit of rushing through paper work and being asked to sign things that you didn't have the opportunity to read. They said, "don't worry, you'll have access to a copy that you can read later". Other than rushing through the new hire process I felt the standard/quality of the team leaders in all the departments was high and that most employees who had been at the store for a long time appreciated the company enough to remain lifers.

Interview Questions
    • Describe an unethical situation that you were forced into and and how you responded.   View Answer
    They said, "Your starting pay is 9/hr." I said, "Ok."

GM Clerk Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Meijer.

The process has changed since I got hired several years ago. Got a phone call to set up a time for an interview. Went in and the interview lasted 20 minutes at the most. Only had one interview with my current manager and started within the next couple weeks. Now all candidates go through at least 2 or 3 interviews and start within a couple weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Tell them a time at work when I had to make a difficult ethical choice.   View Answer
    Since my job is in retail there really isn't any negotiation.

Cashier Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Meijer.

Everyone was friendly and welcoming, which was what prompted me to want to work there. There is a lot of negativity and gossip which the management does not control. The interview process was not representative of the actual working conditions. I feel mislead that the majority of employees are bitter and sullen, not the work atmosphere I expected from my interview.

N/A

Fashion Team Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Meijer.

A week after applying online I was called and had a phone interview that went extremely well. She then scheduled my second interview in person the same day with two managers. This also went over extremely well. The third interview was about a week later with the store director. Not a very friendly lady but it was a standard interview. As soon as she finished with the questions she simply told me I would not be hired because I was not available on weekends. I would have been understanding of this if it had not been on my application that I was not able to work weekends as well as being asked at the beginning of all three interviews! It was a complete waste of my time.

Interview Questions
    • Had to explain why my previous managers were unaccountable for other employees slacking off on the job.   Answer Question

Gas Station Team Member Interview

It took about a week and a half. I applied online at the company website and got a phone call. I had 2 to 3 interviews. One with the manager and the other with the store director. Then both at the same time. A call came in 2 days later from HR offering the position.

Bakery/Deli Clerk Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Meijer.

Being interviewed by three different people is a part of the process. I had all three interviews by three different people one after another. Offered me the position after the third interview.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to deal with an uncomfortable situation with a coworker or management. Describe a time when you went above and beyond in customer service.   Answer Question

Systems/Pricing Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Meijer in June 2014.

Very unorganized. Listened to interviewee rant on the phone during interview about her days off. Was asked for 2nd interview but she was on vacation when I showed up so i'd have to come back again. Ran background check on first job only to have to go back to that one and do it again because it wasn't done correctly.

Interview Questions
    • Not really any difficult questions. Was asked if I would mind being cross trained on a more physical job to cover others.   Answer Question

minimum wage plus union dues not enough. Had to go back too many times for the amount of mistakes from two different stores didn't bode well for the job.

Clerk Interview

The hiring process now includes a drug test and physical fitness test you have to be at least 18 years of age with a high school diploma or an G.E.D. you have to have dependable transportation because the warehouse is not located near any bus route.

notthing