Meijer Interview Questions

Updated Oct 20, 2014
Updated Oct 20, 2014

2.3

Cashier Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Meijer.

Everyone was friendly and welcoming, which was what prompted me to want to work there. There is a lot of negativity and gossip which the management does not control. The interview process was not representative of the actual working conditions. I feel mislead that the majority of employees are bitter and sullen, not the work atmosphere I expected from my interview.

N/A

Fashion Team Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Meijer.

A week after applying online I was called and had a phone interview that went extremely well. She then scheduled my second interview in person the same day with two managers. This also went over extremely well. The third interview was about a week later with the store director. Not a very friendly lady but it was a standard interview. As soon as she finished with the questions she simply told me I would not be hired because I was not available on weekends. I would have been understanding of this if it had not been on my application that I was not able to work weekends as well as being asked at the beginning of all three interviews! It was a complete waste of my time.

Interview Questions
    • Had to explain why my previous managers were unaccountable for other employees slacking off on the job.   Answer Question

Gas Station Team Member Interview

It took about a week and a half. I applied online at the company website and got a phone call. I had 2 to 3 interviews. One with the manager and the other with the store director. Then both at the same time. A call came in 2 days later from HR offering the position.

Bakery/Deli Clerk Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Meijer.

Being interviewed by three different people is a part of the process. I had all three interviews by three different people one after another. Offered me the position after the third interview.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to deal with an uncomfortable situation with a coworker or management. Describe a time when you went above and beyond in customer service.   Answer Question

Systems/Pricing Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Meijer in June 2014.

Very unorganized. Listened to interviewee rant on the phone during interview about her days off. Was asked for 2nd interview but she was on vacation when I showed up so i'd have to come back again. Ran background check on first job only to have to go back to that one and do it again because it wasn't done correctly.

Interview Questions
    • Not really any difficult questions. Was asked if I would mind being cross trained on a more physical job to cover others.   Answer Question

minimum wage plus union dues not enough. Had to go back too many times for the amount of mistakes from two different stores didn't bode well for the job.

Clerk Interview

The hiring process now includes a drug test and physical fitness test you have to be at least 18 years of age with a high school diploma or an G.E.D. you have to have dependable transportation because the warehouse is not located near any bus route.

notthing

Assistant Food Line Team Lead Interview

the interview process for any management position is a farce. They already know who they want in the position before even posting for interviews. When interviewing for another position, they ended up giving it to someone else who hadn't even applied/been interviewed. They then asked me to help train new management. I politely declined and began interviewing with other companies

Meat Seafood Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stevensville, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stevensville, MI

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Meijer.

1st interview with the team leader. 2nd interview with the department head. 3rd interview with the VP of operations. Each step of the interview I learned more about the values of the company.

Interview Questions
    • With your job experience and education, why would you want to work here?   View Answer

Bakery Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Commerce, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Commerce, MI

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Meijer in May 2014.

My interview process was extremely unprofessional. I was scheduled to arrive for an in-person interview, arrived, and was informed that my 1st interview was actually supposed to be over the phone. Regardless, I was interviewed by who would become my direct supervisor who proceeded to bad mouth the job and warned me of implied sexual harassment from male coworkers in the deli. My 2nd interview was extremely satisfactory, but was done by another department head. During my 3rd interview, I waited over 20 minutes for my interviewer to stop talking to other employees and leaving to deal with other issues. Overall, I found out that this is not even close to being an ideal workplace.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were predictable, expected, or stereotypical.   Answer Question

I believed my workplace would be unprofessional and unproductive.

GM Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Meijer in May 2014.

Applied online, about two weeks later got call to make interview appointment. Made appointment that following week. Interview was quick, 3 behavioral questions. and was told to hear call back following week. The questions were typical, and pretty laid back. Didn't receive call back by date they said they would :(