Meijer

Relevance Date Difficulty

Corporate Brands Specialist Interview

Corporate Brands Specialist
Grand Rapids, MI

I applied online - interviewed at Meijer in June 2013.

Interview Details – The interview process was great, very straightforward and typical interview questions. I interviewed with 3 people, separately. The interview room was very small, so it was a little intimidating. The questions themselves were nothing out of the ordinary and I was able to provide good answers and examples. The hiring process did take some time, but was rather smooth once the initial offer was sent. I was able to negotiate the salary, which was greatly appreciated.

Interview Question – Describe a difficult task or problem you encountered and explain how you were successful.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very easy to negotiate.

Fashion Team Member Interview

Fashion Team Member

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Meijer.

Interview Details – A week after applying online I was called and had a phone interview that went extremely well. She then scheduled my second interview in person the same day with two managers. This also went over extremely well. The third interview was about a week later with the store director. Not a very friendly lady but it was a standard interview. As soon as she finished with the questions she simply told me I would not be hired because I was not available on weekends. I would have been understanding of this if it had not been on my application that I was not able to work weekends as well as being asked at the beginning of all three interviews! It was a complete waste of my time.

Interview Question – Had to explain why my previous managers were unaccountable for other employees slacking off on the job.   Answer Question

Gas Station Team Member Interview

Gas Station Team Member

Interviewed at Meijer

Interview Details – It took about a week and a half. I applied online at the company website and got a phone call. I had 2 to 3 interviews. One with the manager and the other with the store director. Then both at the same time. A call came in 2 days later from HR offering the position.

Interview Question – Describe a challenge that you tackled.   Answer Question

GM Clerk Interview

GM Clerk
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Meijer in May 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online, about two weeks later got call to make interview appointment. Made appointment that following week. Interview was quick, 3 behavioral questions. and was told to hear call back following week. The questions were typical, and pretty laid back. Didn't receive call back by date they said they would :(

Interview Question – Describe a time you took on extra responsibility.   Answer Question

Bakery Clerk Interview

Bakery Clerk
Commerce, MI

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Meijer in May 2014.

Interview Details – My interview process was extremely unprofessional. I was scheduled to arrive for an in-person interview, arrived, and was informed that my 1st interview was actually supposed to be over the phone. Regardless, I was interviewed by who would become my direct supervisor who proceeded to bad mouth the job and warned me of implied sexual harassment from male coworkers in the deli. My 2nd interview was extremely satisfactory, but was done by another department head. During my 3rd interview, I waited over 20 minutes for my interviewer to stop talking to other employees and leaving to deal with other issues. Overall, I found out that this is not even close to being an ideal workplace.

Interview Question – All questions were predictable, expected, or stereotypical.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I believed my workplace would be unprofessional and unproductive.

Bakery/Deli Clerk Interview

Bakery/Deli Clerk

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Meijer.

Interview Details – Being interviewed by three different people is a part of the process. I had all three interviews by three different people one after another. Offered me the position after the third interview.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you had to deal with an uncomfortable situation with a coworker or management. Describe a time when you went above and beyond in customer service.   Answer Question

Clerk Interview

Clerk

Interviewed at Meijer

Interview Details – The hiring process now includes a drug test and physical fitness test you have to be at least 18 years of age with a high school diploma or an G.E.D. you have to have dependable transportation because the warehouse is not located near any bus route.

Negotiation Details – notthing

Third Shift Stocker Interview

Third Shift Stocker
Dearborn, MI

Interview Details – It was 3 interviews 1st Phone, Second face to face & 3rd Face to face. Pretty straight forward. Go in there relaxed and confident and they will hire you. they are a great company and is willing to work with you. even gives you an opportunity to take a leadership position.

Interview Question – Difficult question? tell me about a time when you had to assist another team member at a busy time in the day   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Signed paper work no negotiaiton

Assistant Food Line Team Lead Interview

Assistant Food Line Team Lead

Interviewed at Meijer

Interview Details – the interview process for any management position is a farce. They already know who they want in the position before even posting for interviews. When interviewing for another position, they ended up giving it to someone else who hadn't even applied/been interviewed. They then asked me to help train new management. I politely declined and began interviewing with other companies

Meat Seafood Clerk Interview

Meat Seafood Clerk
Stevensville, MI

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Meijer.

Interview Details – 1st interview with the team leader. 2nd interview with the department head. 3rd interview with the VP of operations. Each step of the interview I learned more about the values of the company.

Interview Question – With your job experience and education, why would you want to work here?   View Answer

Worked for Meijer? Contribute to the Community!