Meijer

Updated Jan 14, 2015
Updated Jan 14, 2015

2.3

Systems/Pricing Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Meijer in June 2014.

Very unorganized. Listened to interviewee rant on the phone during interview about her days off. Was asked for 2nd interview but she was on vacation when I showed up so i'd have to come back again. Ran background check on first job only to have to go back to that one and do it again because it wasn't done correctly.

Interview Questions
    • Not really any difficult questions. Was asked if I would mind being cross trained on a more physical job to cover others.   Answer Question

minimum wage plus union dues not enough. Had to go back too many times for the amount of mistakes from two different stores didn't bode well for the job.

Clerk Interview

The hiring process now includes a drug test and physical fitness test you have to be at least 18 years of age with a high school diploma or an G.E.D. you have to have dependable transportation because the warehouse is not located near any bus route.

notthing

Assistant Food Line Team Lead Interview

the interview process for any management position is a farce. They already know who they want in the position before even posting for interviews. When interviewing for another position, they ended up giving it to someone else who hadn't even applied/been interviewed. They then asked me to help train new management. I politely declined and began interviewing with other companies

Meat Seafood Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stevensville, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stevensville, MI

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Meijer.

1st interview with the team leader. 2nd interview with the department head. 3rd interview with the VP of operations. Each step of the interview I learned more about the values of the company.

Interview Questions
    • With your job experience and education, why would you want to work here?   View Answer

Bakery Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Commerce, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Commerce, MI

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Meijer in May 2014.

My interview process was extremely unprofessional. I was scheduled to arrive for an in-person interview, arrived, and was informed that my 1st interview was actually supposed to be over the phone. Regardless, I was interviewed by who would become my direct supervisor who proceeded to bad mouth the job and warned me of implied sexual harassment from male coworkers in the deli. My 2nd interview was extremely satisfactory, but was done by another department head. During my 3rd interview, I waited over 20 minutes for my interviewer to stop talking to other employees and leaving to deal with other issues. Overall, I found out that this is not even close to being an ideal workplace.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were predictable, expected, or stereotypical.   Answer Question

I believed my workplace would be unprofessional and unproductive.

GM Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Meijer in May 2014.

Applied online, about two weeks later got call to make interview appointment. Made appointment that following week. Interview was quick, 3 behavioral questions. and was told to hear call back following week. The questions were typical, and pretty laid back. Didn't receive call back by date they said they would :(

Third Shift Stocker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dearborn, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dearborn, MI

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Meijer in May 2014.

It was 3 interviews 1st Phone, Second face to face & 3rd Face to face. Pretty straight forward. Go in there relaxed and confident and they will hire you. they are a great company and is willing to work with you. even gives you an opportunity to take a leadership position.

Interview Questions
    • Difficult question? tell me about a time when you had to assist another team member at a busy time in the day   Answer Question
    Signed paper work no negotiaiton

Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Meijer.

Got a call and set up an interview.

Operations Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport, MI

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Meijer in April 2014.

Went through two interviews. A lot of behavioral questions involved. (ie "Tell me about a time when....")

Pleasant

Department Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, IL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Meijer in April 2014.

There were 2 experienced Store Managers, they were very efficient and tag-team interviewed me. They had a prepared checklist, they very quickly went down the list and ALL the interview questions were "situational and experience" type questions. The entire interview was under 15 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about your experiences with retail theft.....   View Answer