Meijer

2.3

Bakery Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Commerce, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Commerce, MI

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Meijer in May 2014.

My interview process was extremely unprofessional. I was scheduled to arrive for an in-person interview, arrived, and was informed that my 1st interview was actually supposed to be over the phone. Regardless, I was interviewed by who would become my direct supervisor who proceeded to bad mouth the job and warned me of implied sexual harassment from male coworkers in the deli. My 2nd interview was extremely satisfactory, but was done by another department head. During my 3rd interview, I waited over 20 minutes for my interviewer to stop talking to other employees and leaving to deal with other issues. Overall, I found out that this is not even close to being an ideal workplace.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were predictable, expected, or stereotypical.   Answer Question

I believed my workplace would be unprofessional and unproductive.

GM Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Meijer in May 2014.

Applied online, about two weeks later got call to make interview appointment. Made appointment that following week. Interview was quick, 3 behavioral questions. and was told to hear call back following week. The questions were typical, and pretty laid back. Didn't receive call back by date they said they would :(

Third Shift Stocker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dearborn, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dearborn, MI

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Meijer in May 2014.

It was 3 interviews 1st Phone, Second face to face & 3rd Face to face. Pretty straight forward. Go in there relaxed and confident and they will hire you. they are a great company and is willing to work with you. even gives you an opportunity to take a leadership position.

Interview Questions
    • Difficult question? tell me about a time when you had to assist another team member at a busy time in the day   Answer Question
    Signed paper work no negotiaiton

Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Meijer.

Got a call and set up an interview.

Operations Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport, MI

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Meijer in April 2014.

Went through two interviews. A lot of behavioral questions involved. (ie "Tell me about a time when....")

Pleasant

Department Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, IL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Meijer in April 2014.

There were 2 experienced Store Managers, they were very efficient and tag-team interviewed me. They had a prepared checklist, they very quickly went down the list and ALL the interview questions were "situational and experience" type questions. The entire interview was under 15 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about your experiences with retail theft.....   View Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Meijer.

I applied online. Around a month or two later, I received an e-mail telling me to sign up for an interview time. There was only one interview session. I first interviewed with two Meijer managers at the same time for 30 minutes and then interviewed with one Meijer Manager for 30 minutes. I received a call offering my the position around a week later.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were fairly basic. They were mostly behavior type questions. Because my interview was for their e-commerce position, the asked me what I did and didn't like about their website and what my favorite website was and why.   Answer Question
    No negotiations because it is an intern position.

Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Meijer.

I had a relative working at Meijer, which seems to be the best way to get hired. They barely interviewed me. I met with three different managers on the same day, and was offered the job after meeting with the store director.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions - it was a very basic interview.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation in regards to wages - you were able to suggest what area you wanted to work in, but there were no guarantees.

Merchandise Associate Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Meijer.

I met a recruiter at the career fair at school. I had already applied for the job and later the next week I had an interview on campus. About 3-4 days passed and I was invited for the second round interview which took about 4.5-5 hours. I met with 5 different interviewers for 30 minutes each and then took an online assessment that was not too difficult, personality questions and some math questions as well.

Interview Questions
    • What would be some factors that need to be taken into account making sure a product was in stock?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, MI

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Meijer in March 2014.

First I had a phone interview with the cashier team leader. Two days later I was called back for an interview with both the cashier team leader and the line team leader for the following day. I did a third interview two days later with the store director and that was when I was offered a position. Overall the questions are fairly standard

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time that you had to deal with a situation with management that made you uncomfortable.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. I make minimum wage and the store is unionized. You get raises after you work so many hours.