Meijer Interview Questions

Updated Jun 30, 2015

2.3

Food Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Camby, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Meijer (Camby, IN) in March 2015.

Interview

The first interview was a phone call where they went over the questions from the applications including your past experiences. The second interview was in store. Where they went over the questions again and then proceeded to a 3rd interview. The third interview is where they asked for my future plans such as schooling etc. they went over the days i ahd filled out in my application as my availability and told me it was unacceptable they would not give me weekends however they would flex for school. this was because there were too many people asking for weekends( which later turned out to be a lie, there was practically no one there) they also told me the original position they had promised me for the morning hrs from our first phone call was no longer available and had been given to another woman.

Interview Questions

• A question that came up more than once was asking about a time i had to do something outside of my station.   1 Answer

Merchandising Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Meijer (Grand Rapids, MI) in February 2015.

Interview

Process was overall very good, they got back to me after a career fair and had initial interview right away. I passed this round and then invited on site for three interviews with HR and other managers. They were very easy to talk to and interested in learning about me and filling in the blanks where I did not understand things.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you should have asked for help, but didn't, and what was the outcome? How would you have responded to it differently?   Answer Question

Merchandise Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Meijer (Grand Rapids, MI) in February 2015.

Interview

After an on campus career fair, they held next day interviews. It was a 30 minutes interview. About a week later, I received a phone call from HR requesting a second round interview. They provided transportation to this interview in Grand Rapids, MI. The on site interview consisted of three 30-minute interviews and a personality/IQ assessment.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when using email was not a sufficient form of communication.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Woodhaven, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Meijer (Woodhaven, MI) in February 2015.

Interview

Interview process is very easy what I don't like is how long the background check process takes and their lack of communication after the 3rd interview i have received like 3 more job offers since my last interview with them and all they can say is that they dont know how long the background could possibly take. It is so unorganized and unprofessional.

Assistant Food Team Leader Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Meijer in February 2015.

Interview

3 part interview first with the regional recruiter then with store director then another store director or market director. Like all interview processes it took a long time to get the job. I applied in November 14 did not hear back from a recruiter until the first week of January and did not officially start until the first week of March

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you were asked to do something without all of the information that you needed   Answer Question

Utility Worker Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Meijer in February 2015.

Interview

Three separate interviews, all with similar "explain a time when..." type questions. Overall pretty simple. It's best to stay relaxed because they don't seem to expect spontaneous responses. Just smile and be honest.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you were involved in an unethical situation and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Gas Station Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington Township, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Meijer (Washington Township, MI) in February 2015.

Interview

About two weeks after applying online, I was called in for first interview & asked routine questions to determine my character. I came back for second a interview & background check about a week later. After another week I went in to receive my uniform. A few days later I returned for orientation, and started my first day the next week.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to resolve a conflict.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Fairborn, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Meijer (Fairborn, OH) in February 2015.

Interview

First they call you and give a phone interview, and if they pass you on you go to two more interviews in-person at the store. The interviews aren't hard, they're somewhat casual, the questions are easy and they grade your answer on a scale of 1 to 3; it's a lot of problem-based thinking, so you describe a problem you had and how you dealt with it and whether it worked out well and what you learned; it's all pretty simple. However if they decide not to hire you they won't tell you; if you want to call to call to check up on your application status and you even have phone number and get a manager on the line, they'll probably take down your number and say they'll call you back and then you won't hear from them again if they don't plan on hiring you.

Interview Questions

• When was a time when you were faced with a situation that you believed was unfair   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you disagreed with someone that you had to work with   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Meijer.

Interview

It takes three interviews and hours of mindless tests that teach you nothing and is very redundant. You have to talk to the store director, your department manager, and another manager and they ask you tons of questions that don't really mean anything. As long as you can answer, you are all right. The computer training process is dumb and you will pass. They never give you any real training for the job.

Grocery Team Leader Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Meijer.

Interview

Didn't hear back for two weeks after applying. Then had a panel interview at a hiring event. Then 2 weeks later I met with the store director and we discussed the position. I started working a week later.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Able to negotiate pay and vacation time.