Meijer Interview Questions

Updated Oct 11, 2014
Updated Oct 11, 2014

2.3

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Meijer.

Although I was offered the job after only one interview, the interview process generally has three phases, beginning with a department team leader, then possibly either the grocery or hard good lines team leader (depending on the position), then finally ending with a the store director. Primary interviewer was very casual in their approach.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of a time where you provided excellent customer experience.   View Answer
    Non-negotiable

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toledo, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toledo, OH

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Meijer.

Know about the store; Meijer respects Family, Friendliness, Freshness, and Safety. Understand that you must card everyone that does not appear over 40. There will be three interviews with three different people before you know if you get the job. In the interview you will be asked general basic questions about yourself. You will be asked if you are easily intimidated by authority figures, how you have reacted in hard situations, and of course your availability. Surprise shoppers check on your performance if you get the job, so always be spot on. Meijer pays by the hour starting with minimum wage though it goes up based on the amount of hours you have worked, at milestones I suppose. Mostly be friendly, smile, card everyone, and help customers and fellow employees in anyway you can!

Gas Station Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shelby Township, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shelby Township, MI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Meijer in August 2013.

Hiring, for me, was done through Michigan Works in Detroit. I attended a job fair of sorts, had an interview scheduled there before I left, and went to the store itself for the actual interview. I spoke with two Team Leaders before meeting the Store Director who offered me the actual position.

Interview Questions
    • There wasn't much difficulty in the question department. One that threw me for a loop was when one of the TLs asked me for a time in my life where I had to step up and exceed expectations of me in order to aid the greater good.   Answer Question
    I negotiated nothing. It's a gas station job and I was tired of having no money. The wages are set by the corporate office, so there'd be no reason to attempt to get anything more than what they're offering.

Bakery Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mount Pleasant, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mount Pleasant, MI

I applied in-person – interviewed at Meijer in July 2013.

Asked a few questions, 3 interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever had to deal with a situation or a person you thought was unethical?   Answer Question

GM Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Camby, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Camby, IN

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Meijer in July 2013.

Interview process very fast and accurate. When they are interested in you they press forward with upper management until everything goes through. Normal two-step interview - first with your manager for the selected area, and then a second with the store manager. Questions were normal - "explain a time you had to deal with a difficult customer and what you did to resolve the issue", "what was your reason for leaving your previous job"

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 years with the company?   Answer Question

General Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bowling Green, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bowling Green, OH

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Meijer in July 2013.

After posting my resume through the Meijer website I received a call from the team leader of the department I was being interviewed for. The initial call was to set up a date and time of a phone interview, and also to set up times for two more interviews with the Lines Leader and Store Director. I was told that they had just started having the Store Director interview perspective employees, however, so three interviews may be uncommon for other Meijer locations. The phone interview was very informal, as were the other two interviews. Although informal, there were standardized questions asked, such as "describe a time you were involved in a conflict and how you handled it" and "describe a time you exceeded a customer's expectations".

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you witnessed someone you worked with doing something unethical and how you handled the situation.   Answer Question

E/IV Photo Department Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Muskegon, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Muskegon, MI

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Meijer in June 2013.

Met with store director, very professional. First thing in interview he gave the store values and vision of the store. Wanted to now about me as a person and what I was looking for.Over all the interview was fine and very general (it was a pre-interview process) and said he would get back to me within the week, which he did with a followup letter.

Interview Questions
    • The question of working on Sundays surprised me. He said we need to sometimes compromise our view on working on Sundays (which I have a difficulty with because of being very involved Sunday services at church).   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warren, MI

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Meijer in June 2013.

Their are three part to their interview process. One interview each with three different lead workers at the company. Two with two different mangers. One with The lead of the of the position that you applied for.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult part of their interview process is that it runs over a couple of days depending on how many people or spot they have available. I came back two times just for the interview process and I was worried if they was going to call me back. Ibhsd two interviews in one day and one interview days later.   Answer Question
    They only thing that was negotiateble was the hours that you are willing to work but they still had a set time that they wanted you to be open from.The wage is already established. And is none negotiateble.

Corporate Brands Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

I applied online – interviewed at Meijer in June 2013.

The interview process was great, very straightforward and typical interview questions. I interviewed with 3 people, separately. The interview room was very small, so it was a little intimidating. The questions themselves were nothing out of the ordinary and I was able to provide good answers and examples. The hiring process did take some time, but was rather smooth once the initial offer was sent. I was able to negotiate the salary, which was greatly appreciated.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a difficult task or problem you encountered and explain how you were successful.   Answer Question
    Very easy to negotiate.

Produce Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warren, MI

I applied online – interviewed at Meijer in May 2013.

you go through 3 interviews all of which are about how you handle certain situations. They sometimes set you up an interview and cancel on you without so much as a phone call making you waster your gas to go there for nothing. They promise you promotions and advancement.

Interview Questions
    • What was a the hardest customer service you have had to deal with and how did you handle it.   Answer Question
    There is no negotiation I did what I had to do for my family and that's it and that is all. They are union start you off at minimum wage with raises every 700 hours.