Meijer

2.3

Seasonal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Meijer in November 2013.

Very simple interview process for seasonal work. Attended a job fair proceeded through 2 interviews questions were essentially the same, but different in the level. Met with the store director all within a 2 hr time period. I was hired that day pending my background check. I've made it past the seasonal window and continue to work at a part time employee working well over the part time hrs they say you will get.

Interview Questions
    • no questions were technically hard or unexpected. most just were to gauge your personality and how you handle certain situations.   Answer Question
    no negotitation

Marketing Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Meijer.

I went through a campus recruiter. I had an initial on campus interview that was about 30 minutes with someone from hr. It was very casual and all very basic behavioral questions about a time that I faced a challenge, why I wanted to intern at Meijer and times that I have shown leadership. I did not hear back about anything for a few months. Then 2 months after I had not heard from them I got an email asking me to come to their hq and do an office visit. The office visit was a round robin interview of very similar questions to the first. I was offered a position a week later.

Service Team Member Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Meijer.

The hiring process was a 15 minute interview to make sure you can count numbers and are not a freeloader.

no negotiation. Union price set.

Merchandising Analyst Interview

Interviewer was very nice, went very well, but never called back or followed up, I have a doctorate which came up in the interview and I think they began to see too many $dollar signs$

Third Shift Stocker Interview

Took about 3 visits (interviews). All short and sweet (to the point). All the hiring managers were friendly.

Interview Questions
    • Healthcare benefits we're a little confusing at first, but soon realized it is not mandatory to sign up for benefits. Union membership required with job and deductions taken out of pay.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Hourly pay.

Deli Clerk Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Meijer.

3 interviews. Terrible questions. I stated that I had no experience prior and I was asked questions similar to "Tell me a time you dealt with a difficult customer".

Customer Service Line Leaders Interview

3 interviews, leadership interview with store directors, sometimes a panel interview

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Meijer.

Although I was offered the job after only one interview, the interview process generally has three phases, beginning with a department team leader, then possibly either the grocery or hard good lines team leader (depending on the position), then finally ending with a the store director. Primary interviewer was very casual in their approach.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of a time where you provided excellent customer experience.   View Answer
    Non-negotiable

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toledo, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toledo, OH

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Meijer.

Know about the store; Meijer respects Family, Friendliness, Freshness, and Safety. Understand that you must card everyone that does not appear over 40. There will be three interviews with three different people before you know if you get the job. In the interview you will be asked general basic questions about yourself. You will be asked if you are easily intimidated by authority figures, how you have reacted in hard situations, and of course your availability. Surprise shoppers check on your performance if you get the job, so always be spot on. Meijer pays by the hour starting with minimum wage though it goes up based on the amount of hours you have worked, at milestones I suppose. Mostly be friendly, smile, card everyone, and help customers and fellow employees in anyway you can!

Gas Station Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shelby Township, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shelby Township, MI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Meijer in August 2013.

Hiring, for me, was done through Michigan Works in Detroit. I attended a job fair of sorts, had an interview scheduled there before I left, and went to the store itself for the actual interview. I spoke with two Team Leaders before meeting the Store Director who offered me the actual position.

Interview Questions
    • There wasn't much difficulty in the question department. One that threw me for a loop was when one of the TLs asked me for a time in my life where I had to step up and exceed expectations of me in order to aid the greater good.   Answer Question
    I negotiated nothing. It's a gas station job and I was tired of having no money. The wages are set by the corporate office, so there'd be no reason to attempt to get anything more than what they're offering.