Meijer Interview Questions

Updated Apr 14, 2015
Updated Apr 14, 2015

2.3

Service Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Meijer.

Interview

3 different interviews and background check.

Negotiation

nothing.

Cashier/Gas Station Attendant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Meijer.

good

Interview Questions

• how would you greet customers   1 Answer

Negotiation

when I could start to work

Plan-o-gram TM Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Meijer.

Interview

The interview session consists of a brief interview with a team leader and their superior, separately. It is pretty straightforward as they are just making sure you are a normal person that will show up on time and do what you are told.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There is no negotiating pay.

QA Lead Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Meijer (Grand Rapids, MI) in January 2014.

Interview

face to face with group panel. Ask me piratical job question.had a computer test as well.i go through the test and is was very impressive.Ask me piratical job question.face to face with group panel

Interview Questions

• How was yore job experience ?   1 Answer

Inventory Control Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Meijer (Grand Rapids, MI) in January 2014.

Interview

I spoke with a recruiter at a job fair and was offered an interview the following day on campus. It was a casual interview, mainly behavioral based questions and making sure I understood the role. Then two weeks later I was invited to Grand Rapids for second rounds. There were three 30 minute interviews and then an assessment. Once again the questions were fairly easy and traditional behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to make a decision with limited information   Answer Question

Negotiation

Did not negotiate

Bakery Clerk Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Meijer (Auburn Hills, MI) in November 2013.

Interview

I went to a job fair their when they were hiring for a lot of positions. Before the interview we were required to create an online job seeker profile. I waited in the hall with a lot of other people after signing in on a piece of paper, and we were then called in order of sign-in to start interviewing. I met with four people all one after the other, the store manager, the orientation trainer, and two others who I did not work with again. Neither my future team leader or First Assistant (manager) were a part of the hiring process. They asked me what I was looking for, then told me what positions they had open. When I said I would be willing to work the donut/bread/bagel shift, they basically hired me on the spot (pending background check) and I was scheduled for an orientation process, which took place in one day (two multi-hour sessions.)
    Everyone was courteous and it was very low-pressure, not intimidating at all.

Interview Questions

• I did not encounter a difficult or unexpected question   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate.

Seasonal Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Meijer (Indianapolis, IN) in November 2013.

Interview

Very simple interview process for seasonal work. Attended a job fair proceeded through 2 interviews questions were essentially the same, but different in the level. Met with the store director all within a 2 hr time period. I was hired that day pending my background check. I've made it past the seasonal window and continue to work at a part time employee working well over the part time hrs they say you will get.

Interview Questions

• no questions were technically hard or unexpected. most just were to gauge your personality and how you handle certain situations.   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotitation

Marketing Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Meijer.

Interview

I went through a campus recruiter. I had an initial on campus interview that was about 30 minutes with someone from hr. It was very casual and all very basic behavioral questions about a time that I faced a challenge, why I wanted to intern at Meijer and times that I have shown leadership. I did not hear back about anything for a few months. Then 2 months after I had not heard from them I got an email asking me to come to their hq and do an office visit. The office visit was a round robin interview of very similar questions to the first. I was offered a position a week later.

Service Team Member Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Meijer.

Interview

The hiring process was a 15 minute interview to make sure you can count numbers and are not a freeloader.

Negotiation

no negotiation. Union price set.

Interview

Interviewer was very nice, went very well, but never called back or followed up, I have a doctorate which came up in the interview and I think they began to see too many $dollar signs$