Meijer

Very Easy Interview

Gas Station Team Member Interview

Gas Station Team Member
Shelby Township, MI

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Meijer in August 2013.

Interview Details – Hiring, for me, was done through Michigan Works in Detroit. I attended a job fair of sorts, had an interview scheduled there before I left, and went to the store itself for the actual interview. I spoke with two Team Leaders before meeting the Store Director who offered me the actual position.

Interview Question – There wasn't much difficulty in the question department. One that threw me for a loop was when one of the TLs asked me for a time in my life where I had to step up and exceed expectations of me in order to aid the greater good.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I negotiated nothing. It's a gas station job and I was tired of having no money. The wages are set by the corporate office, so there'd be no reason to attempt to get anything more than what they're offering.

Service Team Member Interview

Service Team Member

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Meijer.

Interview Details – The hiring process was a 15 minute interview to make sure you can count numbers and are not a freeloader.

Negotiation Details – no negotiation. Union price set.

E/IV Photo Department Team Leader Interview

E/IV Photo Department Team Leader
Muskegon, MI

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Meijer in June 2013.

Interview Details – Met with store director, very professional. First thing in interview he gave the store values and vision of the store. Wanted to now about me as a person and what I was looking for.Over all the interview was fine and very general (it was a pre-interview process) and said he would get back to me within the week, which he did with a followup letter.

Interview Question – The question of working on Sundays surprised me. He said we need to sometimes compromise our view on working on Sundays (which I have a difficulty with because of being very involved Sunday services at church).   Answer Question

Clerk Interview

Clerk
Lansing, MI

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Meijer in July 2012.

Interview Details – There are many situational questions: What was the best job that you have had? How do you handle a negative customer? What was the most memorable accomplishment that you have had? What was the worst situation that you have had on the job and how did you handle it? How would you handle a negative confrontation with a fellow employee?

Interview Question – What was the worst experience you have had on the job and how did you handle/react to it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There were no negotiations

Merchandising Analyst Interview

Merchandising Analyst

Interviewed at Meijer

Interview Details – Interviewer was very nice, went very well, but never called back or followed up, I have a doctorate which came up in the interview and I think they began to see too many $dollar signs$

Interview Question – A time I have failed and how it was handled   Answer Question

Third Shift Stocker Interview

Third Shift Stocker

Interviewed at Meijer

Interview Details – Took about 3 visits (interviews). All short and sweet (to the point). All the hiring managers were friendly.

Interview Question – Healthcare benefits we're a little confusing at first, but soon realized it is not mandatory to sign up for benefits. Union membership required with job and deductions taken out of pay.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Hourly pay.

Deli Clerk Interview

Deli Clerk

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Meijer.

Interview Details – 3 interviews. Terrible questions. I stated that I had no experience prior and I was asked questions similar to "Tell me a time you dealt with a difficult customer".

Interview Question – Questions dealing with customers.   Answer Question

Customer Service Line Leaders Interview

Customer Service Line Leaders

Interviewed at Meijer

Interview Details – 3 interviews, leadership interview with store directors, sometimes a panel interview

Interview Question – Are you willing to work 3rd shift   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Cashier

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Meijer.

Interview Details – Although I was offered the job after only one interview, the interview process generally has three phases, beginning with a department team leader, then possibly either the grocery or hard good lines team leader (depending on the position), then finally ending with a the store director. Primary interviewer was very casual in their approach.

Interview Question – Give an example of a time where you provided excellent customer experience.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Non-negotiable

Very Easy Interview

Warehouse Associate/Distributor Interview

Warehouse Associate/Distributor

I applied online - interviewed at Meijer in April 2011.

Interview Details – The interview itself was the easiest interview I have ever been to. No difficult questions were asked, the worst was "why did you leave your previous job" which isn't difficult unless you left your last job on bad terms. Basically the most laid back interview I have ever had. Was given the job offer on the spot and didn't feel nervous during the easy interview after a few minutes. Only two questions were even asked, I did most of the asking.

Interview Question – Why did you leave your last job? What days would you like to work?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Cannot negotiate higher pay. They just told me what I'd make and that was that.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Meijer