Meijer Interview Questions

Updated Aug 18, 2014
Updated Aug 18, 2014

2.3

Marketing Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Meijer.

I went through a campus recruiter. I had an initial on campus interview that was about 30 minutes with someone from hr. It was very casual and all very basic behavioral questions about a time that I faced a challenge, why I wanted to intern at Meijer and times that I have shown leadership. I did not hear back about anything for a few months. Then 2 months after I had not heard from them I got an email asking me to come to their hq and do an office visit. The office visit was a round robin interview of very similar questions to the first. I was offered a position a week later.

Gas Station Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Shelby Township, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shelby Township, MI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Meijer in August 2013.

Hiring, for me, was done through Michigan Works in Detroit. I attended a job fair of sorts, had an interview scheduled there before I left, and went to the store itself for the actual interview. I spoke with two Team Leaders before meeting the Store Director who offered me the actual position.

Interview Questions
    • There wasn't much difficulty in the question department. One that threw me for a loop was when one of the TLs asked me for a time in my life where I had to step up and exceed expectations of me in order to aid the greater good.   Answer Question
    I negotiated nothing. It's a gas station job and I was tired of having no money. The wages are set by the corporate office, so there'd be no reason to attempt to get anything more than what they're offering.

Bakery Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mount Pleasant, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mount Pleasant, MI

I applied in-person - interviewed at Meijer in July 2013.

Asked a few questions, 3 interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever had to deal with a situation or a person you thought was unethical?   Answer Question

Service Team Member Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Meijer.

The hiring process was a 15 minute interview to make sure you can count numbers and are not a freeloader.

no negotiation. Union price set.

E/IV Photo Department Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Muskegon, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Muskegon, MI

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Meijer in June 2013.

Met with store director, very professional. First thing in interview he gave the store values and vision of the store. Wanted to now about me as a person and what I was looking for.Over all the interview was fine and very general (it was a pre-interview process) and said he would get back to me within the week, which he did with a followup letter.

Interview Questions
    • The question of working on Sundays surprised me. He said we need to sometimes compromise our view on working on Sundays (which I have a difficulty with because of being very involved Sunday services at church).   Answer Question

Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lansing, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lansing, MI

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Meijer in July 2012.

There are many situational questions: What was the best job that you have had? How do you handle a negative customer? What was the most memorable accomplishment that you have had? What was the worst situation that you have had on the job and how did you handle it? How would you handle a negative confrontation with a fellow employee?

Interview Questions
    • What was the worst experience you have had on the job and how did you handle/react to it?   Answer Question
    There were no negotiations

Merchandising Analyst Interview

Interviewer was very nice, went very well, but never called back or followed up, I have a doctorate which came up in the interview and I think they began to see too many $dollar signs$

Third Shift Stocker Interview

Took about 3 visits (interviews). All short and sweet (to the point). All the hiring managers were friendly.

Interview Questions
    • Healthcare benefits we're a little confusing at first, but soon realized it is not mandatory to sign up for benefits. Union membership required with job and deductions taken out of pay.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Hourly pay.

Deli Clerk Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Meijer.

3 interviews. Terrible questions. I stated that I had no experience prior and I was asked questions similar to "Tell me a time you dealt with a difficult customer".

Customer Service Line Leaders Interview

3 interviews, leadership interview with store directors, sometimes a panel interview