Meijer Interview Questions

Updated Mar 19, 2015
Updated Mar 19, 2015

2.3

Third Shift Stocker Interview

Took about 3 visits (interviews). All short and sweet (to the point). All the hiring managers were friendly.

Interview Questions
    • Healthcare benefits we're a little confusing at first, but soon realized it is not mandatory to sign up for benefits. Union membership required with job and deductions taken out of pay.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Hourly pay.

Deli Clerk Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Meijer.

3 interviews. Terrible questions. I stated that I had no experience prior and I was asked questions similar to "Tell me a time you dealt with a difficult customer".

Customer Service Line Leaders Interview

3 interviews, leadership interview with store directors, sometimes a panel interview

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Meijer.

Although I was offered the job after only one interview, the interview process generally has three phases, beginning with a department team leader, then possibly either the grocery or hard good lines team leader (depending on the position), then finally ending with a the store director. Primary interviewer was very casual in their approach.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of a time where you provided excellent customer experience.   View Answer
    Non-negotiable

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toledo, OH
    Anonymous Employee in Toledo, OH

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Meijer.

Know about the store; Meijer respects Family, Friendliness, Freshness, and Safety. Understand that you must card everyone that does not appear over 40. There will be three interviews with three different people before you know if you get the job. In the interview you will be asked general basic questions about yourself. You will be asked if you are easily intimidated by authority figures, how you have reacted in hard situations, and of course your availability. Surprise shoppers check on your performance if you get the job, so always be spot on. Meijer pays by the hour starting with minimum wage though it goes up based on the amount of hours you have worked, at milestones I suppose. Mostly be friendly, smile, card everyone, and help customers and fellow employees in anyway you can!

Gas Station Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shelby Township, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shelby Township, MI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Meijer in August 2013.

Hiring, for me, was done through Michigan Works in Detroit. I attended a job fair of sorts, had an interview scheduled there before I left, and went to the store itself for the actual interview. I spoke with two Team Leaders before meeting the Store Director who offered me the actual position.

Interview Questions
    • There wasn't much difficulty in the question department. One that threw me for a loop was when one of the TLs asked me for a time in my life where I had to step up and exceed expectations of me in order to aid the greater good.   Answer Question
    I negotiated nothing. It's a gas station job and I was tired of having no money. The wages are set by the corporate office, so there'd be no reason to attempt to get anything more than what they're offering.

Bakery Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mount Pleasant, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mount Pleasant, MI

I applied in-person – interviewed at Meijer in July 2013.

Asked a few questions, 3 interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever had to deal with a situation or a person you thought was unethical?   Answer Question

GM Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Camby, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Camby, IN

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Meijer in July 2013.

Interview process very fast and accurate. When they are interested in you they press forward with upper management until everything goes through. Normal two-step interview - first with your manager for the selected area, and then a second with the store manager. Questions were normal - "explain a time you had to deal with a difficult customer and what you did to resolve the issue", "what was your reason for leaving your previous job"

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 years with the company?   Answer Question

General Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bowling Green, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bowling Green, OH

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Meijer in July 2013.

After posting my resume through the Meijer website I received a call from the team leader of the department I was being interviewed for. The initial call was to set up a date and time of a phone interview, and also to set up times for two more interviews with the Lines Leader and Store Director. I was told that they had just started having the Store Director interview perspective employees, however, so three interviews may be uncommon for other Meijer locations. The phone interview was very informal, as were the other two interviews. Although informal, there were standardized questions asked, such as "describe a time you were involved in a conflict and how you handled it" and "describe a time you exceeded a customer's expectations".

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you witnessed someone you worked with doing something unethical and how you handled the situation.   Answer Question

GM Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toledo, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toledo, OH

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Meijer in July 2013.

very friendly, and comfortable. Managers were extremely friendly and personable. They treated you with respect and were exceptionable amicable. They provided very detailed information regarding expectations on the job.