Meijer Interview Questions in Lansing, MI

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, MI

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Meijer in March 2014.

First I had a phone interview with the cashier team leader. Two days later I was called back for an interview with both the cashier team leader and the line team leader for the following day. I did a third interview two days later with the store director and that was when I was offered a position. Overall the questions are fairly standard

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time that you had to deal with a situation with management that made you uncomfortable.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. I make minimum wage and the store is unionized. You get raises after you work so many hours.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lansing, MI

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Meijer in September 2012.

I applied online and they contacted me a couple weeks later, I had a phone interview with a manager then they asked me to come in for a second. I got asked all the normal questions, "name a time you handled a stressful situation..." etc. It was a pretty laid back interview and I had an interview with the store director the same day and was hired in.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation.

Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lansing, MI

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Meijer in July 2012.

There are many situational questions: What was the best job that you have had? How do you handle a negative customer? What was the most memorable accomplishment that you have had? What was the worst situation that you have had on the job and how did you handle it? How would you handle a negative confrontation with a fellow employee?

Interview Questions
    • What was the worst experience you have had on the job and how did you handle/react to it?   Answer Question
    There were no negotiations

Gas Station Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Okemos, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Okemos, MI

I applied online – interviewed at Meijer in June 2008.

The application can be taken online or at a computer kiosk at Meijer. It is a long application, plan an hour just in case. You are asked various questions in math as well as making business decisions. It took over a month after submitting an application to hear from Meijer, but the initial interview and secondary interview were done the same day, and the third interview was conducted that same week. The background check took a few weeks and then I was hired.

Interview Questions
    • The math questions in the application were probably more difficult than the interview process. It was hard to answer questions about salary and experience since it was my first job.   Answer Question