Meijer

Relevance Date Difficulty

Cashier Interview

Cashier
Charlotte, MI

I applied online and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Meijer in March 2014.

Interview Details – First I had a phone interview with the cashier team leader. Two days later I was called back for an interview with both the cashier team leader and the line team leader for the following day. I did a third interview two days later with the store director and that was when I was offered a position. Overall the questions are fairly standard

Interview Question – Tell me about a time that you had to deal with a situation with management that made you uncomfortable.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. I make minimum wage and the store is unionized. You get raises after you work so many hours.

Clerk Interview

Clerk
Lansing, MI

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Meijer in July 2012.

Interview Details – There are many situational questions: What was the best job that you have had? How do you handle a negative customer? What was the most memorable accomplishment that you have had? What was the worst situation that you have had on the job and how did you handle it? How would you handle a negative confrontation with a fellow employee?

Interview Question – What was the worst experience you have had on the job and how did you handle/react to it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There were no negotiations

Cashier Interview

Cashier
Lansing, MI

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Meijer in September 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online and they contacted me a couple weeks later, I had a phone interview with a manager then they asked me to come in for a second. I got asked all the normal questions, "name a time you handled a stressful situation..." etc. It was a pretty laid back interview and I had an interview with the store director the same day and was hired in.

Interview Question – None of the questions were difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Gas Station Team Member Interview

Gas Station Team Member
Okemos, MI

I applied online - interviewed at Meijer in June 2008.

Interview Details – The application can be taken online or at a computer kiosk at Meijer. It is a long application, plan an hour just in case. You are asked various questions in math as well as making business decisions. It took over a month after submitting an application to hear from Meijer, but the initial interview and secondary interview were done the same day, and the third interview was conducted that same week. The background check took a few weeks and then I was hired.

Interview Question – The math questions in the application were probably more difficult than the interview process. It was hard to answer questions about salary and experience since it was my first job.   Answer Question

Worked for Meijer? Contribute to the Community!