Meijer Interview Questions in Lansing, MI

Updated Aug 12, 2015

Pricing Analyst Meijer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Meijer (Lansing, MI) in July 2015.

Interview

Phone interview, in person interview with a manager, then meet the store manager. Asked a series of questions about past situations. Can be related to anything. You're informed of some benefits. You get called back a week later if you passed your background test (but I called them first).

Interview Questions

• Q: Name a time you went above and beyond to help someone Q: Describe a time when you worked with someone you didn't like   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Meijer (Charlotte, MI) in March 2014.

Interview

First I had a phone interview with the cashier team leader. Two days later I was called back for an interview with both the cashier team leader and the line team leader for the following day. I did a third interview two days later with the store director and that was when I was offered a position. Overall the questions are fairly standard

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you had to deal with a situation with management that made you uncomfortable.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. I make minimum wage and the store is unionized. You get raises after you work so many hours.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Meijer (Lansing, MI) in September 2012.

Interview

I applied online and they contacted me a couple weeks later, I had a phone interview with a manager then they asked me to come in for a second. I got asked all the normal questions, "name a time you handled a stressful situation..." etc. It was a pretty laid back interview and I had an interview with the store director the same day and was hired in.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.

Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Meijer (Lansing, MI) in July 2012.

Interview

There are many situational questions: What was the best job that you have had? How do you handle a negative customer? What was the most memorable accomplishment that you have had? What was the worst situation that you have had on the job and how did you handle it? How would you handle a negative confrontation with a fellow employee?

Interview Questions

• What was the worst experience you have had on the job and how did you handle/react to it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There were no negotiations

Gas Station Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Okemos, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Meijer (Okemos, MI) in June 2008.

Interview

The application can be taken online or at a computer kiosk at Meijer. It is a long application, plan an hour just in case. You are asked various questions in math as well as making business decisions. It took over a month after submitting an application to hear from Meijer, but the initial interview and secondary interview were done the same day, and the third interview was conducted that same week. The background check took a few weeks and then I was hired.

Interview Questions

• The math questions in the application were probably more difficult than the interview process. It was hard to answer questions about salary and experience since it was my first job.   Answer Question