Meijer

Relevance Date Difficulty

Merchandising Analyst Interview

Merchandising Analyst

Interviewed at Meijer

Interview Details – Interviewer was very nice, went very well, but never called back or followed up, I have a doctorate which came up in the interview and I think they began to see too many $dollar signs$

Interview Question – A time I have failed and how it was handled   Answer Question

Merchandising Analyst Interview

Merchandising Analyst
WaLakeer, MI

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Meijer in February 2012.

Interview Details – The most difficult part of the interview was with HR as they are trained professionals and are looking for specific things. The rest of the interview process went quick. Be sure to stress team values, have a few wins, and a few mistakes. They are looking for a problem, your solution and what the outcome was.

Interview Question – Tell me about a wrong decision that you made.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Never accept the first offer but be aware that typically you will only see at most a 2K increase in pay through negotiations so ask for more vacation time as this does not add to payroll and affect the balance sheet.

Also, if you plan on staying, jump from position to position after every 12 months as this will result in a higher % increase in base salary. If you stay in the same position, expect only a 2.75% increase in pay. The rule is a max 10% raise when switching positions or the min of the new position. If you switch positions after 12 months, your PAR will be rolled into the new salary, so always ask for a 10%-13% raise when taking on a new position.

Merchandise Analyst Interview

Grand Rapids, MI

The process took 3 months - interviewed at Meijer in January 2007.

Interview Details – I was recruited by a head hunter in Oct. of 2006. I had a phone interview first. Then 2 months later I was flown in for a visit where I had two one on one interviews and a group interview with buyers and planners. The one on one was with the director of planning.

Interview Question – They asked me how did I handle allocation of merchandise at my current employer at the time...there were no hard questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I wasn't able to negotiate much because they maxed me out on their pay scale. I didn't believe that at first but after talking with some of my coworkers they were making considerably less than me and my boss also eluded to how much money I was making one time as they are paying me a lot of money.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Meijer

Worked for Meijer? Contribute to the Community!

Meijer Videos

Meijer – Why Work for Us?

Join a Company Where the Standard Is Excellence! Meijer is a leading supercenter located in five states throughout the Midwest, with nearly 200 stores and over 60,000 employees. As a multi-billion dollar retailer… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Meijer Merchandising Analyst interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Meijer employees and interview candidates.