Meijer Merchandising Analyst Interview Questions

Merchandising Analyst Interview

Interview

Interviewer was very nice, went very well, but never called back or followed up, I have a doctorate which came up in the interview and I think they began to see too many $dollar signs$

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Meijer

Merchandising Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in WaLakeer, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Meijer (WaLakeer, MI) in February 2012.

Interview

The most difficult part of the interview was with HR as they are trained professionals and are looking for specific things. The rest of the interview process went quick. Be sure to stress team values, have a few wins, and a few mistakes. They are looking for a problem, your solution and what the outcome was.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Never accept the first offer but be aware that typically you will only see at most a 2K increase in pay through negotiations so ask for more vacation time as this does not add to payroll and affect the balance sheet.

Also, if you plan on staying, jump from position to position after every 12 months as this will result in a higher % increase in base salary. If you stay in the same position, expect only a 2.75% increase in pay. The rule is a max 10% raise when switching positions or the min of the new position. If you switch positions after 12 months, your PAR will be rolled into the new salary, so always ask for a 10%-13% raise when taking on a new position.

Merchandise Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Meijer (Grand Rapids, MI) in January 2007.

Interview

I was recruited by a head hunter in Oct. of 2006. I had a phone interview first. Then 2 months later I was flown in for a visit where I had two one on one interviews and a group interview with buyers and planners. The one on one was with the director of planning.

Interview Questions

• They asked me how did I handle allocation of merchandise at my current employer at the time...there were no hard questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I wasn't able to negotiate much because they maxed me out on their pay scale. I didn't believe that at first but after talking with some of my coworkers they were making considerably less than me and my boss also eluded to how much money I was making one time as they are paying me a lot of money.