Meijer

2 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Store Director In Training Interview

Cincinnati, OH

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Meijer in October 2009.

Interview Details – First a phone interview with recruiter and then a more in-depth in person interview with recruiter. She said she was very impressed and I would proceed to the next step. Next had an interview with one of the current Store Directors who said he would recommend me for the job. Then had one MORE in person interview with ANOTHER Store Director who also recommended that they hire me and said I would be hearing back from the recruiter. I waited for 2-3 weeks to hear from the recruiter and she never called to tell me whether I had the job or not. I called her several times but only got vmail before I FINALLY reached her and she said that they loved me but did not have a current opening and she would keep me in mind until she could find me a spot. Then a few months later I saw the same ad posted AGAIN for a Store Director in Training. I emailed the Recruiter to remind her that I was still interested and never heard back from her.

Interview Questions

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Store Director In Training Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Meijer in July 2011.

Interview Details – Meijer asks: What was the situation? What action did you take? What was the result? The behavioral interviews consist of a telephone screening, an interview with the hiring manager and another leader, and a manager one level up. The best way to prepare for an interview if you are an internal leadership candidate is to know your numbers (sales, margin, shrink, etc.). All external candidates should practice responses expressing experiences with customers, leadership, and direct reports in both positive and negative situations. If your answers do not follow the situation/task, action, and response path, it is impossible to interview successfully. Role play practice will help make your interview a success.

Tell me about a task you were given, but not given all of the information.
Tell me about a time that you exceeded customer expectations.
Tell me about a time that you were asked to do something unethical.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you had to report something to leadership.   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time that you had to deal with what you thought was a difficult customer request.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Everything is negotiable. Negotiate pay and vacation up front. Getting anything later is more difficult.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Meijer

Worked for Meijer? Contribute to the Community!

Meijer Videos

Meijer – Why Work for Us?

Join a Company Where the Standard Is Excellence! Meijer is a leading supercenter located in five states throughout the Midwest, with nearly 200 stores and over 60,000 employees. As a multi-billion dollar retailer… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Meijer Store Director In Training interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Meijer employees and interview candidates.