Meijer

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Store Director In Training Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Meijer in October 2009.

First a phone interview with recruiter and then a more in-depth in person interview with recruiter. She said she was very impressed and I would proceed to the next step. Next had an interview with one of the current Store Directors who said he would recommend me for the job. Then had one MORE in person interview with ANOTHER Store Director who also recommended that they hire me and said I would be hearing back from the recruiter. I waited for 2-3 weeks to hear from the recruiter and she never called to tell me whether I had the job or not. I called her several times but only got vmail before I FINALLY reached her and she said that they loved me but did not have a current opening and she would keep me in mind until she could find me a spot. Then a few months later I saw the same ad posted AGAIN for a Store Director in Training. I emailed the Recruiter to remind her that I was still interested and never heard back from her.

Interview Questions
  • Why are you a good candidate for this position?   Answer Question
  • Do you have comfortable shoes because you won't be sitting down much.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Meijer

Store Director In Training Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Meijer in July 2011.

Meijer asks: What was the situation? What action did you take? What was the result? The behavioral interviews consist of a telephone screening, an interview with the hiring manager and another leader, and a manager one level up. The best way to prepare for an interview if you are an internal leadership candidate is to know your numbers (sales, margin, shrink, etc.). All external candidates should practice responses expressing experiences with customers, leadership, and direct reports in both positive and negative situations. If your answers do not follow the situation/task, action, and response path, it is impossible to interview successfully. Role play practice will help make your interview a success.

Tell me about a task you were given, but not given all of the information.
    Tell me about a time that you exceeded customer expectations.
    Tell me about a time that you were asked to do something unethical.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time that you had to report something to leadership.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time that you had to deal with what you thought was a difficult customer request.   Answer Question
    Everything is negotiable. Negotiate pay and vacation up front. Getting anything later is more difficult.