Meijer

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Utility Worker

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Meijer.

Interview Details – I applied online and 2 days later got a call asking me if I was still interested im the position. I accepted and was given my first interview 2 days later. 2 days after that I was supposed to have both my 2nd and 3rd interview, however the Store Director got sick and the 3rd interview was scheduled about a week later. After the 3rd interview they asked my to bring up my SSC and driver's license. I wish they would have told me that before the 3rd interview, because I hated driving back and forth bc its pretty far. They make copies of your SSC card and id for a background check. The background check was supposed to that 7-10 business days. It actually took like 2 weeks. Bc I'm under 18, I had to have a work permit signed by my school and parent before orientation.

Interview Question – Has there ever been a time when you were in an unethical situation?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation at all.

Ann Arbor, MI

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Meijer in October 2011.

Interview Details – The interview process was easy. I was asked about different scenarios involving customers and the like. The background check was easy and I was offered a job the next day.

White Lake, MI

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Meijer in April 2011.

Interview Details – Got a phone call from the service manager, given a phone interview with no warning. Told to come in the next day, she didn't seem willing to negotiate a day if I had needed it to be moved.

Interview Question – When is a time you needed to show leadership   Answer Question

Utility Worker

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Meijer in June 2011.

Interview Details – People were very helpful and explained how everything worked at the store. Questions were easy enough to not stump you completely. The people who did the interview were friendly and were easy to talk to, so it was not too intimidating.

Interview Question – Explain a situation you were in that you had to tell someone about someone's bad behavior.   Answer Question

Worked for Meijer? Contribute to the Community!