Meketa Investment Group

3.1

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carlsbad, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carlsbad, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Meketa Investment Group in September 2014.

The interview process started with a 10 minute phone interview, questions: Why Meketa / why data analyst / what would your co-workers say about you / excel skills / a little about college. Brought me in for a in-person interview. Interviewed with two people, the senior data analyst and a current consultant. Pretty low key, asked about what I knew about the company, about what I knew about finance. Followed by a 15 question math quiz.

Interview Questions
    • Explain mutual funds to someone ignorant on the subject.   Answer Question

Research Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westwood, MA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Meketa Investment Group in April 2013.

Very laidback and unprofessional

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westwood, MA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Meketa Investment Group in January 2010.

The interview process was very straightforward. It began with a phone screen with the Director of IT and the Chief Operating Officer. The phone screen was informal, nontechnical, and was merely a "personality" assessment. The project was described from a very high level.

The in-person interview was a panel interview consisting of the COO, Director of IT, and a panel of other employees. For a software position it was surprisingly nontechnical. They were interested in past experiences and projects and how they apply to the project that they need to complete. When I asked them about technical details they did not provide much details and it seemed as though the interviewing team was not in complete agreement about things. Too much focus was spent on personality and not enough on technical skills.

Interview Questions
    • If the software that you built does not work, and I came down to your desk upset about it, how would you handle it?   View Answer

It seemed like the project was a failing project based upon the fact that the interviewers disagreed on key points during the interview process. I sensed tension amongst team members and it appeared that employees were not happy working there. I ended up taking another job with a more technically oriented company. Also, some of the upper managment interviewers came across as abrasive at times.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Meketa Investment Group in January 2014.

Excellent company

Investment Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Meketa Investment Group.

I interviewed with Meketa for an Investment Analyst position. First, a partner called me for a phone screen out of the blue and asked if I would like to schedule one or simply have it right now. Caught off guard, but wanting to appear prepared, I had the phone interview at that moment. Then, they did not tell me the results of the phone interview, so I basically invited myself to the office. Their interviewers were not exceptionally articulate concerning their work, process, firm philosophy. Their personalities were mostly abrasive and they did not seem very interested in hearing what I had to say. Perhaps, this is because they did not want to hire me. However, I think that is a very unprofessional way to have an interview. After the interview, they did not set up a timeline nor contact me at all regarding the results. I would have to say that they are not entirely professional in their interviewing techniques and call backs etc, though they did have me take a GMAT like math exam (this lead me to believe they were organized and had thought the process through).

One last point, their CEO came in and provided a lecture which is given to "everyone we interview". It was apparent he had not even browsed through my resume. Further, his personality and values seemed very much at odds with the employees I met. Though I really enjoyed his perspective on life and consulting, it was odd that he asked me no questions during the interview except, "do you have anything in your life that prevents you from traveling?..."

Interview Questions
    • "You stated you wanted to do something different in your education, are you dissing my choice?" (rather abrasive, I think)   View Answer

Finance Interview

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Meketa Investment Group in April 2011.

I had a phone interview with the head of the group which lasted about 45 minutes. I was then told that they would like me to continue on with the interview process and come in the following week. I met with 4 members of the team as well as an employee in the HR department.

Relationship Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Meketa Investment Group in October 2009.

Tough crowd. Panel interview. I think there was more than one candidate (although I never saw anyone else). Tiring. Smart people. Many mentioned that if I "made it through" there would be more rounds.

Nice offices. REALLY nice. Everyone was EXTREMELY professional (and well dressed, I might add). Kind of uptight though, maybe a little. No one really let loose. No bad language (not even a leeetle bit bad). Wish it could have been me!