Melbourne IT, Inc. Interview Questions

1 Interview Review

2.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at Melbourne IT, Inc.

Candidate Interview Review

Web Administrator, Enterprise Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brisbane (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Melbourne IT, Inc. (Brisbane (Australia)) in May 2014.

Interview

Answered a very brief ad on SEEK (advertiser was a small recruitment agency). Initial contact with recruiter was fine, was asked to attend interview the following day as they required an immediate start.

It should be noted that I had previously held a senior technical role in the company for several years, know many long-term staff and some of my work is still used there in production environments.

I arrived at their Brisbane office to find the reception area unoccupied and after 10mins was fortunate to flag down a former colleague who recognised me and let the relevant interviewer know I have arrived.

After waiting a further 15mins two staff members arrive, neither of whom had previously been identified as the interviewers for the role. This became quite apparent when one confessed he had been given literally a "one liner" by his manager (who was meant to have conducted the interview) - "Ask him what he knows".

No explanation was given for the absence of the department manager originally slated to conduct the interview.

After a further 20mins of more fruitful discussion the interview ended. I was informed the next morning that despite having the necessary technical skills the role was declined because they did not like the way I was dressed on the day.

Interview Questions

• As the interviewers were not prepared, no difficult questions were asked. Owing to this I directed most of the interview myself, asking about the role and responsibilities (which differed noticeably from the initial advertisement)   Answer Question