Mellanox

Relevance Date Difficulty

Design Automation Student Interview

Design Automation Student
Haifa (Israel)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Mellanox in June 2014.

Interview Details – I was called to have an interview for a student position, I'v had 3 interviews there, the first 2 are technical interviews and the third is HR interview. I felt the interviewers were kind and supportive.
In the first interview, the first question was to convert a number from Hexa to decimal, then they told me to write it down. Then they gave me some classes in C++ and asked me to write a function that uses the types and methods of the classes.
Second interview, first they asked me to find a recursive algorithm that reverses a list. Then they asked me write a function that given 2 strings I need to return the index of the first letter in string1 that is also found in string2, in a minimal complexity. Third question was a "riddle", how to measure 9 minutes using a 4 and 7 minute hourglass. There was another question, about pines and gates, I forgot the specific details.

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)

I interviewed at Mellanox in October 2013.

Interview Details – I gave my CV and grade sheet in linkedin, after 1 week I had a short call from the head of the relevant team that ask me about my skills. After couple of hours they have set an interview for me at their office. The interview was very good, they asked me about project I've done and ask me some professional questions, after that I had another professional interview and HR interview.

Interview Question – Describe data structure that implements the following methods: set, get, setall in O(1) time with O(1) space.   Answer Question

Network Design Architect Interview

Network Design Architect
Haifa (Israel)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Mellanox in April 2013.

Interview Details – I gave my CV and grade sheet on a campus recruiting event, there I had a short chat about my skills and preferences with the head of the relevant team. Two days later we set an interview at their office. The interview was very professional, with mostly questions on real problems the group encountered during their work. The final answer came 2 weeks later by phone. All along the way the hiring team was flexible and very nice.

Interview Question – Part 1: Design a mutual exclusion system, with semaphores.
part 2, Given semaphores, design a system that is a barrier for n threads.
  View Answer

Firmware Design Interview

Firmware Design
Yoqne`am (Israel)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Mellanox in June 2012.

Interview Details – i had 3 interviews. first interview with two people took about 2:45 hours, it consisted of a small talk about my self and my projects, then skill tests, second interview with was 1:1 with the department manager -took about 2 hours, also included skill tests and the third interview was human resource interview that took about 40 minutes. after that i was called to have a job offer that I accepted happily. Very nice job and salary.

Interview Question – implement a queue in C language. provide the header and the implementation of all the methods (push pop etc..)
give two different implementations (array & list)
which is better ?
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Didn't negotiate at all.

Chip Design Interview

Chip Design

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Mellanox in March 2012.

Interview Details – 2 interviewers, one from chip design and one fron firmware. they both ask me 3 questions about thing i learned in university especially from computer design coure and digital systems.
2. Now 2 missing numbers

Interview Questions

• 1. Theres an array size of N-1, containing numbers from 1-N (one number missing) find the missing number at O(n).   Answer Question
  • 2. Now 2 missing numbers   Answer Question

Board Designer Interview

Board Designer

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Mellanox in December 2011.

Interview Details – There was 2 interviewers.Only one talked. He was nice, explained about the company and his devision.
Asked about relevant projects, and discussed the problems encountered.

Interview Question – You have following circuit (And also Vc(0-)=0):

----R-----/ --|
| |
|-----Not----|
C
Gnd

Draw the graph of V on the capacitor.
What this circuit do? Answer: clock generator.
What parameters(R,C, inverter parameter-Vih,Vil,Voh,Vol) of circuit affects T?
  Answer Question

Worked for Mellanox? Contribute to the Community!