Mellanox Interview Questions

Updated Feb 7, 2015
Updated Feb 7, 2015

3.3

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Mellanox.

Interview

Was recruited by the company and had several interviews with variousmarketing and sales employees (from managerial level to VP). Basic questions about job history and what I felt I could do to help the company change and/or grow. 2 days of interviews with job offer coming the following day.

Interview Questions

• Circuit design problem which seemed relevant for an engineering position and not to the marketing position for which I was interviewing for   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Mellanox.

Interview

i got invitation to interview 3 days after my CV was delivered to HR division. There were two interviewers, atmosphere was very friendly, they told about their company, products, customers. After it they asked me about my experience, after it they started asking professional questions, all were connected to firmware organizing on flash devices. Interview duration was 2 hours. Nice people, good company.

Interview Questions

• How could I implement firmware versions management on the flash memory   Answer Question

C++ Developer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Mellanox (Haifa (Israel)) in January 2015.

Interview

Applied via Linked In, got an HR call after 2 weeks. Was invited to the technical interview. There were 2 people interviewing me, asked about my work experience, asked to tell about the project I did. Then they guized me with 1 programming task and 2 riddles. After two weeks I got an email that I was not accepted.

Interview Questions

• 1. There are 4 people and one flashlight, everyone has different speed (it is given in time that it takes for them to cross the bridge). They need to cross the bridge. They can do it only if with flashlight. The bridge can bear no more than 2 persons at once.
      What is the minimal time needed for them to get to the other side of the bridge?
      2. There is a data structure. You need to implement methods: set (one element), get(one element) and set_all with O(1) time complexity.
      3. There is a duck in a lake with circle shape, a wolf outside the lake. How can a duck get close to the bank to eat the grass, if the speed of a duck is 1/4 of the speed of the wolf?

Design Automation Student Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Mellanox (Haifa (Israel)) in June 2014.

Interview

I was called to have an interview for a student position, I'v had 3 interviews there, the first 2 are technical interviews and the third is HR interview. I felt the interviewers were kind and supportive.
    In the first interview, the first question was to convert a number from Hexa to decimal, then they told me to write it down. Then they gave me some classes in C++ and asked me to write a function that uses the types and methods of the classes.
    Second interview, first they asked me to find a recursive algorithm that reverses a list. Then they asked me write a function that given 2 strings I need to return the index of the first letter in string1 that is also found in string2, in a minimal complexity. Third question was a "riddle", how to measure 9 minutes using a 4 and 7 minute hourglass. There was another question, about pines and gates, I forgot the specific details.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

interviewed at Mellanox (Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)) in October 2013.

Interview

I gave my CV and grade sheet in linkedin, after 1 week I had a short call from the head of the relevant team that ask me about my skills. After couple of hours they have set an interview for me at their office. The interview was very good, they asked me about project I've done and ask me some professional questions, after that I had another professional interview and HR interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe data structure that implements the following methods: set, get, setall in O(1) time with O(1) space.   Answer Question

Network Design Architect Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Mellanox (Haifa (Israel)) in April 2013.

Interview

I gave my CV and grade sheet on a campus recruiting event, there I had a short chat about my skills and preferences with the head of the relevant team. Two days later we set an interview at their office. The interview was very professional, with mostly questions on real problems the group encountered during their work. The final answer came 2 weeks later by phone. All along the way the hiring team was flexible and very nice.

Interview Questions

• Part 1: Design a mutual exclusion system, with semaphores.
      part 2, Given semaphores, design a system that is a barrier for n threads.

1 Answer

Firmware Design Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Mellanox (Yoqne`am (Israel)) in June 2012.

Interview

i had 3 interviews. first interview with two people took about 2:45 hours, it consisted of a small talk about my self and my projects, then skill tests, second interview with was 1:1 with the department manager -took about 2 hours, also included skill tests and the third interview was human resource interview that took about 40 minutes. after that i was called to have a job offer that I accepted happily. Very nice job and salary.

Interview Questions

• implement a queue in C language. provide the header and the implementation of all the methods (push pop etc..)
      give two different implementations (array & list)
      which is better ?

Answer Question

Negotiation

Didn't negotiate at all.

Chip Design Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Mellanox in March 2012.

Interview

2 interviewers, one from chip design and one fron firmware. they both ask me 3 questions about thing i learned in university especially from computer design coure and digital systems.
    2. Now 2 missing numbers

Interview Questions

• 1. Theres an array size of N-1, containing numbers from 1-N (one number missing) find the missing number at O(n).   Answer Question
    • 2. Now 2 missing numbers   Answer Question

Board Designer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Mellanox in December 2011.

Interview

There was 2 interviewers.Only one talked. He was nice, explained about the company and his devision.
    Asked about relevant projects, and discussed the problems encountered.

Interview Questions

• You have following circuit (And also Vc(0-)=0):

----R-----/ --|
      | |
      |-----Not----|
      C
      Gnd

Draw the graph of V on the capacitor.
      What this circuit do? Answer: clock generator.
      What parameters(R,C, inverter parameter-Vih,Vil,Voh,Vol) of circuit affects T?