Mellow Mushroom Interview Questions

Updated Jul 20, 2014
Updated Jul 20, 2014

1.1

Kitchen Interview

Short 15 minute interview no real interest in my answers. Granted, this was before the restaurant opened, so they probably just wanted to fill staff. The owners and actual management were not present for the interview.

None

Server Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Mellow Mushroom in May 2014.

I printed out the application from their website and called the store to ask when a good time would be to come by and drop it off. When I walked in the manager interviewed me - basic, simple questions about my resume, no real drilling questions. I was asked to come in the next day by the hiring manager, who sat down with me and essentially offered me the job then and there. Very easy and relaxed process.

Kitchen Staff and Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Covington, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Covington, LA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Mellow Mushroom.

It was really laid back, I had some friends who already worked there so it was just a good word that got me hired. I had some really basic interview questions that were simple and easy. I think it was more of a formality because my buddies had the job locked up for me anyhow.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to draw a picture of something that I liked on my job application.   View Answer
    I did not negotiate, I accepted the job and started as a dishwasher, and worked my way up to kitchen staff and a server.

Server, Bartender Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Frisco, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frisco, TX

I applied in-person - interviewed at Mellow Mushroom.

Fill out application form then speak with a manager for 10 minutes

no negotiation

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fort Worth, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Mellow Mushroom.

Met with new owners of restaurant. Owners were trying to find the collective vibe for their restaurant and wanted it to match the laidback environment they had seen at other locations.

Bartender Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Murfreesboro, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Murfreesboro, TN

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Mellow Mushroom in February 2008.

Simple, and very laid back. If you have experience you will get the job

Kitchen Prep Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Clemson, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clemson, SC

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Mellow Mushroom in July 2011.

I was called about a two or three weeks after I put in an application. The manager/owner needed someone to work on the weekend and I was the first person that responded on the list and everything was good from there. I more or less had to convince him that I was his best option considering the time notice.

Server Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at Mellow Mushroom in July 2011.

I applied for the job before the restaurant opened so their interviews were held at the own job fair. When I arrived there were a number of other applicants taking the menu quiz we had been emailed prior to the interview. When a manager was ready to interview you were called. I was interviewed by the district manager but I had no idea at the moment who she was. The interview was very laid back. She asked me some simple questions about me and my past employments. She also asked me some questions about who I think is important in a restaurant. She then handed me a job discription sheet with the pay rate on it and some other papers and told me shed see me on the first day of training!

Interview Questions

Worked for Mellow Mushroom? Contribute to the Community!