Mellow Mushroom

Relevance Date Difficulty

Server Assistant Interview

Server Assistant
Dallas, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Mellow Mushroom in May 2014.

Interview Details – I printed out the application from their website and called the store to ask when a good time would be to come by and drop it off. When I walked in the manager interviewed me - basic, simple questions about my resume, no real drilling questions. I was asked to come in the next day by the hiring manager, who sat down with me and essentially offered me the job then and there. Very easy and relaxed process.

Interview Question – None - just basic personality and resume questions.   Answer Question

Kitchen Staff and Server Interview

Kitchen Staff and Server
Covington, LA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Mellow Mushroom.

Interview Details – It was really laid back, I had some friends who already worked there so it was just a good word that got me hired. I had some really basic interview questions that were simple and easy. I think it was more of a formality because my buddies had the job locked up for me anyhow.

Interview Question – I was asked to draw a picture of something that I liked on my job application.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate, I accepted the job and started as a dishwasher, and worked my way up to kitchen staff and a server.

Server, Bartender Interview

Server, Bartender
Frisco, TX

I applied in-person and interviewed at Mellow Mushroom.

Interview Details – Fill out application form then speak with a manager for 10 minutes

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Server Interview

Server
Fort Worth, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Mellow Mushroom.

Interview Details – Met with new owners of restaurant. Owners were trying to find the collective vibe for their restaurant and wanted it to match the laidback environment they had seen at other locations.

Interview Question – Questions were simple and easy.   Answer Question

Bartender Interview

Bartender
Murfreesboro, TN

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Mellow Mushroom in February 2008.

Interview Details – Simple, and very laid back. If you have experience you will get the job

Interview Question – there were no unexpected questions   Answer Question

Kitchen Prep Interview

Kitchen Prep
Clemson, SC

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Mellow Mushroom in July 2011.

Interview Details – I was called about a two or three weeks after I put in an application. The manager/owner needed someone to work on the weekend and I was the first person that responded on the list and everything was good from there. I more or less had to convince him that I was his best option considering the time notice.

Interview Question – Are you available this weekend?   Answer Question

Server Interview

Server

The process took a day - interviewed at Mellow Mushroom in July 2011.

Interview Details – I applied for the job before the restaurant opened so their interviews were held at the own job fair. When I arrived there were a number of other applicants taking the menu quiz we had been emailed prior to the interview. When a manager was ready to interview you were called. I was interviewed by the district manager but I had no idea at the moment who she was. The interview was very laid back. She asked me some simple questions about me and my past employments. She also asked me some questions about who I think is important in a restaurant. She then handed me a job discription sheet with the pay rate on it and some other papers and told me shed see me on the first day of training!

Interview Questions

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Mellow Mushroom? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Mellow Mushroom interview questions and advice. All 7 interview reviews posted anonymously by Mellow Mushroom employees and interview candidates.