Meltwater Group International Management Trainee Interview Questions

Updated Jul 10, 2015

2.9

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Meltwater Group (New York, NY).

Interview

The first round was a group interview with around 10 interviewees and a panel of 8 or so Meltwater employees. They called 4 of us back for individual interviews. Not like any other interview process I've been to. The whole thing was essentially trying to see how someone handles being under pressure.

Interview Questions

• They asked us to pitch a company that needs the Meltwater software and to give a 1 minute speech about something you're passionate about.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Meltwater Group

International Management Trainee Interview

Interview

About an hour of describing the company, then had the kids introduce themselves and describe an achievement they are proud of. We were then split up into groups of 4 and presented on a product that could benefit from Meltwater, then we had to sell the interviewers a "passion speech".

International Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Meltwater Group in April 2015.

Interview

I submitted my application through a campus recruiter, and I received a call later that day to do a phone screen. They were very eager to set up an interview, and we set one up for the next day. I interviewed with the Director the next day, and was invited to the group interview. I could not make it to the group interview, and they were not really flexible about availability, so I withdrew my application. It is important to note that this is a SALES job, so do not let the title fool you.

International Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Meltwater Group.

Interview

Very disappointing. Meltwater does not provide any accommodations and interview process can be costly for many candidates who are traveling from a distance. If you don't have sales experiences, don't even bother applying. They say that sales experience is not required, but interviewers eyes light up when hearing about sales during the group interview.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Meltwater Group (Boston, MA) in March 2015.

Interview

Talked to a recruiter at a career fair and handed them my resume. Received an email about two weeks later asking for a quick phone interview. Phone interview lasted about 20 mins asked me why I wanted this position, a little background info and told me to come to a meet and greet the following week. Meet and greet consisted of presentations about the product and case studies. Then had time after to meet several of the employees. Received an email the following week inviting me to a group interview. Group interview was about 3 hours, with 10 or so other candidates being evaluated by 6 senior level staff including the Managing Director of Office, the Area Manager and several senior managers who I assume we would be working under. Group interview was split into 2 parts, about an hour was spent discussing the company, the product and the role. Took a 10 minute break then it was our turn to answer questions. Each candidate had to a few minutes to introduce themselves, then we were split into groups of 3-4 to present on a product that would benefit from using Meltwater services and then we had to do a one minute passion speech. They're pretty quick about telling you who made it to the final round of interviews which I heard were individual interviews. Did not get a call back to the final round.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

interviewed at Meltwater Group (Washington, DC) in May 2014.

Interview

Misleading post on a career services website offered a salary of $90,000 which seemed too good to be true. After applying, I was contacted the next day, furthering my suspicions. The real salary is more like $35,000 with the possibility to receive commission that would almost certainly not bring the total anywhere near this. Bring in duped graduates and soon-to-be graduates from top colleges and give aura of intense competition when in reality this is nothing more than a cold-call sales job from everything I've gathered. After the initial visit, I did not pursue.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Meltwater Group (Atlanta, GA) in April 2014.

Interview

1. This job title is 100% misleading. This position is domestic US sales that involves cold calling about 60 times a day. My current companies' colleagues say that meltwater sales people "annoy" them all the time. 2. The initial phone interview was pretty one sided with the meltwater employee talking almost the whole time. The open house was like sorority rush-people are trying their best to be noticed and awkwardly jump into conversation. One employee was talking about how she was going to "get wasted" after the event and dropping curse words here and there. Then, they have a slide show of the product. 3. The group interview shows a very similar slide show of the product (your own research is irrelevant at this point). Then, there's 3 group questions: Something you're passionate about, about yourself, and a presentation with 4-5 other candidates about a company that would benefit from the product. 4. Last, was the most infuriating panel interview I've ever experienced. They asked me to diss other candidates and talk about a setback. I gave a professional set back and they replied it wasn't "good enough" and asked for a PERSONAL one! That is completely inappropriate, but I gave them a broad answer. Then, they had the audacity to tell me that that setback wasn't that bad because I still had a high GPA. They take the "intimidation factor" to the extreme and it was one of the most outrageously critical interviews I've ever had.

Interview Questions

• What is a personal set back for you? (Not professional set back like most companies)   1 Answer

International Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Meltwater Group.

Interview

I was interviewed via phone for the first interview. Very short. I prepared all these questions and answers and was asked virtually none of them. It was basically a phone conversation full of my questions about the company and why I was interested. I have no clue what they got out of it. I'm waiting to hear back on the second interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Meltwater Group (Boston, MA) in March 2014.

Interview

After being contacted by a recruiter within a week of sending my application, I visited the Boston office in order to participate in a group interview/"open house". All of the associates were more than hospitable and happy to answer any and all questions regarding their various positions.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Meltwater Group (Boston, MA).

Interview

Applied via university career center and was contacted within the week for a preliminary screening interview and then was asked to interview with head of office the next week. When I was contacted for my phone interview it ended up being the same person I talked to the week before. They told me it wasn't necessary to interview because I was very qualified. They invited me to a preview open house the next week. I went to the open house and it was mostly a sales pitch about how great the software is. The people seemed nice enough, but they kept talking about the clients they signed without talking about specifics. There was a "case study" but it was just a story of one person's successful on-boarding. When there was free time I mingled with the staff but the conversations mostly centered around small talk with a few questions about why I was interested in working for them. They didn't tell me anything I really didn't know from reading the website and the job was pure sales (instead of consulting like the description mentioned), so I pulled my application after I left. It all seemed very superficial.

Interview Questions

• No real interview questions because I didn't have a formal interview.   Answer Question