Meltwater Group

Average Difficulty
17 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Washington, DC

I interviewed at Meltwater Group in May 2014.

Interview Details – Misleading post on a career services website offered a salary of $90,000 which seemed too good to be true. After applying, I was contacted the next day, furthering my suspicions. The real salary is more like $35,000 with the possibility to receive commission that would almost certainly not bring the total anywhere near this. Bring in duped graduates and soon-to-be graduates from top colleges and give aura of intense competition when in reality this is nothing more than a cold-call sales job from everything I've gathered. After the initial visit, I did not pursue.

Interview Question – What is your biggest weakness?   Answer Question

Boston, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Meltwater Group in March 2014.

Interview Details – After being contacted by a recruiter within a week of sending my application, I visited the Boston office in order to participate in a group interview/"open house". All of the associates were more than hospitable and happy to answer any and all questions regarding their various positions.

Interview Question – How did you hear about Meltwater?   Answer Question

Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Meltwater Group in April 2014.

Interview Details – 1. This job title is 100% misleading. This position is domestic US sales that involves cold calling about 60 times a day. My current companies' colleagues say that meltwater sales people "annoy" them all the time.

2. The initial phone interview was pretty one sided with the meltwater employee talking almost the whole time. The open house was like sorority rush-people are trying their best to be noticed and awkwardly jump into conversation. One employee was talking about how she was going to "get wasted" after the event and dropping curse words here and there. Then, they have a slide show of the product.

3. The group interview shows a very similar slide show of the product (your own research is irrelevant at this point). Then, there's 3 group questions:
Something you're passionate about, about yourself, and a presentation with 4-5 other candidates about a company that would benefit from the product.

4. Last, was the most infuriating panel interview I've ever experienced. They asked me to diss other candidates and talk about a setback. I gave a professional set back and they replied it wasn't "good enough" and asked for a PERSONAL one! That is completely inappropriate, but I gave them a broad answer. Then, they had the audacity to tell me that that setback wasn't that bad because I still had a high GPA.

They take the "intimidation factor" to the extreme and it was one of the most outrageously critical interviews I've ever had.

Interview Question – What is a personal set back for you? (Not professional set back like most companies)   View Answer

International Management Trainee

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Meltwater Group.

Interview Details – I was interviewed via phone for the first interview.

Very short. I prepared all these questions and answers and was asked virtually none of them.

It was basically a phone conversation full of my questions about the company and why I was interested. I have no clue what they got out of it.

I'm waiting to hear back on the second interview

Interview Question – There was none   Answer Question

Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Meltwater Group in August 2013.

Interview Details – First, two phone interviews: one with the girl that would have been my direct senior, then a phone interview with the manager of the office. Fairly standard.

Then a group interview at the W hotel. There were 15 candidates and 7 interviewers for a variable number of openings. This was about 3 hours long. First an hour presentation about the company and product. Then our three chances to speak:
1. Introduce yourself and tell us about an accomplishment that you believe describes you well - 2 minutes speaking.
2. In groups of 4, given the Meltwater Buzz product - describe a company that could use it today and why. 7 minutes prep, 3 minutes speaking.
3. Describe a passion. 1 minute speaking.

After that, they told us they'd call us back with a verdict for afternoon one-on-ones. They told me they were moving on with my application.

Bizarre.

Interview Question – Describe a passion - speak for one minute. I was the first to speak and had virtually no time to prepare.   Answer Question

Boston, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Meltwater Group.

Interview Details – Applied via university career center and was contacted within the week for a preliminary screening interview and then was asked to interview with head of office the next week. When I was contacted for my phone interview it ended up being the same person I talked to the week before. They told me it wasn't necessary to interview because I was very qualified. They invited me to a preview open house the next week. I went to the open house and it was mostly a sales pitch about how great the software is. The people seemed nice enough, but they kept talking about the clients they signed without talking about specifics. There was a "case study" but it was just a story of one person's successful on-boarding. When there was free time I mingled with the staff but the conversations mostly centered around small talk with a few questions about why I was interested in working for them. They didn't tell me anything I really didn't know from reading the website and the job was pure sales (instead of consulting like the description mentioned), so I pulled my application after I left. It all seemed very superficial.

Interview Question – No real interview questions because I didn't have a formal interview.   Answer Question

International Management Trainee

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Meltwater Group.

Interview Details – The interview process was long: from my first phone call to the day I got the offer was about three months. First a short phone call, then a visit to the office, then a more experience based interview with a few business questions, then a two day interview session first with a group interview and then an individual interview with a panel of Meltwater employees. Everyone was really nice throughout the whole process, though I did notice that there was no HR department, which was strange.

Interview Question – If you had $50,000 to start a company, what would you do?   Answer Question

International Management Trainee

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Meltwater Group.

Interview Details – I recieved an email after applying online. I was told to call into the office I applied to (Chicago) to tell the hiring managers that I was still interested in the position. I then had to complete a word document with questions regarding my past experience, things I have failed at, areas where I've succeeded, etc. My document was reviewed in about 48 hours and I was then asked for a phone interview.

Interview Question – How would you sell a product to someone who says your product isn't a necessity?   Answer Question

International Management Trainee

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Meltwater Group.

Interview Details – I don't know about the job description you read, but this job is nothing like the job description that was given to me. It's 100% sales. And within the first minute of my interview, the interviewer asked me if I was available for the group interview/social, and because I wasn't (I had another interview on the date), she didn't know if we could continue on with the interview. Throughout the 30 minutes, I was asked over and over if this was a position I was interested in (I wouldn't have applied if I wasn't somewhat interested in), and I was put on hold twice so that the interviewer could take another call. It was a really odd experience.

Interview Question – I was asked to provide examples of sales calls I would make to to sell all three different Meltwater Group solutions. I was caught a little off guard so be prepared for that.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Meltwater Group

Interview Details – I applied through an agency. The interview process is quite long and it has 3 stages. First a screening phone interview, very simple and straight forward. Later, a face to face interview in which you interview your prospective manager, and finaly a group interview.

Interview Question – tell us a company you could market our prdocuts to. It was difficult because I dont know UK market   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Meltwater Group

Worked for Meltwater Group? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Meltwater Group International Management Trainee interview questions and advice. All 17 interview reviews posted anonymously by Meltwater Group employees and interview candidates.