Meltwater Group Interview Questions

Updated Jul 24, 2015

3.3

Media Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Meltwater Group (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

1. Phone interview with group lead (15 minutes) 2. Internet research skills test (1 hour) 3. Group interview with 4-5 other candidates (1 hour) 4. 1 on 1 interview with director (15-30 minutes)

International Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Meltwater Group (New York, NY).

Interview

The first round was a group interview with around 10 interviewees and a panel of 8 or so Meltwater employees. They called 4 of us back for individual interviews. Not like any other interview process I've been to. The whole thing was essentially trying to see how someone handles being under pressure.

Interview Questions

• They asked us to pitch a company that needs the Meltwater software and to give a 1 minute speech about something you're passionate about.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Meltwater Group (New York, NY).

Interview

After the initial phone screening I was invited to NYC for a group interview. There were 13 candidates and 7 Meltwater employees. Expect on the spot speeches and presentations. If you are outgoing and enjoy public speaking it should be no problem. From the group interview, they then invited as many qualified candidates back for an individual interview later that day.

Interview Questions

• There was also a 3 minute group sales presentation to a mock client   Answer Question

Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Meltwater Group.

Interview

Definitely an intense process. Group interview followed by a 4-on-1 interview that is designed to put you under pressure. Kind of a mind game but at the end, I felt proud of myself for getting through it regardless of whether I would be offered a position or not.

Marketing Role Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Meltwater Group.

Interview

Generic questions and not conversational. Be prepared with a script since you won't have the opportunity to develop rapport or respond to custom and targeted questions. Interviewer shared mostly generic info that could be found on site.

Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Meltwater Group.

Interview

First round was the group interview, very fun and engaging. You get to know your fellow interviewees and what kind of background they have, allowing you to see the playing field head on. The focus is mainly on your ability to integrate with, handle, and lead teams. If you pass the group interview, you will get a call telling you they would like to have an individual interview with you. They will also tell you to focus on an area of business that they think you can improve on. In this interview, there are mock situations you must be able to handle while the interviewers take notes. They will tell you right off the bat how you did and how you can improve.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Interview

About an hour of describing the company, then had the kids introduce themselves and describe an achievement they are proud of. We were then split up into groups of 4 and presented on a product that could benefit from Meltwater, then we had to sell the interviewers a "passion speech".

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Meltwater Group in April 2015.

Interview

I submitted my application through a campus recruiter, and I received a call later that day to do a phone screen. They were very eager to set up an interview, and we set one up for the next day. I interviewed with the Director the next day, and was invited to the group interview. I could not make it to the group interview, and they were not really flexible about availability, so I withdrew my application. It is important to note that this is a SALES job, so do not let the title fool you.

Media Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Meltwater Group (Denver, CO) in April 2015.

Interview

I had three phone interviews basically describing the position and the company, and then I had to fill out two different questionnaires. The in-person interview is actually this week for me, but I heard it consists of a group interview and if you make it through that you have a one-on-one interview that same day. Pretty much an all day deal.

Interview Questions

• Describe an setback outside of University that you faced due to poor judgment.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Meltwater Group (Miami, FL) in April 2015.

Interview

They have a mixer first, to evaluate people's personalities. If they like you (or remember you), they offer you a callback interview. The callback is a group interview where they put you in group scenarios, make you do public speeches, etc. It is kinda fun. Within hours they call back final candidates and offer them another interview. The last interview is basically a stress test, and they make you take positions on the other candidates you saw at the group interview.