Meltwater Group

Relevance Date Difficulty

Media Consultant Interview

Media Consultant
Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Meltwater Group in March 2014.

Interview Details – Initially contacted via College Job Fair. several weeks later called by entry level employee over the phone and asked basic questions to gauge interest in position and company. Next round, called a few days later by regional director of sales and asked basic questions about resume, in the form of a free flowing conversation. Then asked to come in for an interview. Met with about 15 other interviewees in front of 6 interviewers of various titles. then given a brief powerpoint presentation about the company and founder. Then split up into groups and asked to create a brief presentation given the information that was provided during the powerpoint. Also asked to individually stand in front of the group and talk about your life's passion and then pitch to the group a product for sale.

Interview Question – In two minutes please convince everyone in the room to buy or partake in a product or hobby you are familiar with.   Answer Question

Media Research Associate Interview

Media Research Associate
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Meltwater Group in June 2014.

Interview Details – Applied in May, didn't really hear back until June. However, once the process began everything went smoothly. Began with a phone interview and the second round was a group interview. Really wanted to know about experience but that comes with the territory.

Interview Question – Can you explain how (certain area of Resume) applies to this position? How do you think this is relevant or helpful?   Answer Question

Boston, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Meltwater Group in March 2014.

Interview Details – After being contacted by a recruiter within a week of sending my application, I visited the Boston office in order to participate in a group interview/"open house". All of the associates were more than hospitable and happy to answer any and all questions regarding their various positions.

Interview Question – How did you hear about Meltwater?   Answer Question

Washington, DC

I interviewed at Meltwater Group in May 2014.

Interview Details – Misleading post on a career services website offered a salary of $90,000 which seemed too good to be true. After applying, I was contacted the next day, furthering my suspicions. The real salary is more like $35,000 with the possibility to receive commission that would almost certainly not bring the total anywhere near this. Bring in duped graduates and soon-to-be graduates from top colleges and give aura of intense competition when in reality this is nothing more than a cold-call sales job from everything I've gathered. After the initial visit, I did not pursue.

Interview Question – What is your biggest weakness?   Answer Question

Sales Consultant Interview

Sales Consultant
San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Meltwater Group.

Interview Details – I had an acquaintance refer me for a sales consultant position last minute as they were having group interviews in person a few days later. She put me in touch with her director and I had a phone interview with him shortly after. It was difficult to tell exactly what he was looking for and he seemed a bit disconnected from the SF team: he told me he was located on the East Coast. After our interview, he told me all of the slots for the group interviews had been filled, but he would keep my resume on hand for their next hiring round, which seemed conflicting because in his email a couple days earlier he had asked if I would be able to make the in-person interview if the phone interview went well.

Interview Question – Nothing terribly difficult, but he did ask why I felt qualified for this role and it was difficult to answer given that there was no specific job description (or even job opening!) listed online   Answer Question

Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Meltwater Group in April 2014.

Interview Details – 1. This job title is 100% misleading. This position is domestic US sales that involves cold calling about 60 times a day. My current companies' colleagues say that meltwater sales people "annoy" them all the time.

2. The initial phone interview was pretty one sided with the meltwater employee talking almost the whole time. The open house was like sorority rush-people are trying their best to be noticed and awkwardly jump into conversation. One employee was talking about how she was going to "get wasted" after the event and dropping curse words here and there. Then, they have a slide show of the product.

3. The group interview shows a very similar slide show of the product (your own research is irrelevant at this point). Then, there's 3 group questions:
Something you're passionate about, about yourself, and a presentation with 4-5 other candidates about a company that would benefit from the product.

4. Last, was the most infuriating panel interview I've ever experienced. They asked me to diss other candidates and talk about a setback. I gave a professional set back and they replied it wasn't "good enough" and asked for a PERSONAL one! That is completely inappropriate, but I gave them a broad answer. Then, they had the audacity to tell me that that setback wasn't that bad because I still had a high GPA.

They take the "intimidation factor" to the extreme and it was one of the most outrageously critical interviews I've ever had.

Interview Question – What is a personal set back for you? (Not professional set back like most companies)   View Answer

Client Acquisition Interview

Client Acquisition
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Meltwater Group in April 2014.

Interview Details – 1. Phone interview 2. Meet and Greet/ Networking in the companies office. 3. Group interview in a hotel. This includes a presentation on the company, each person has to give a speech about their passion, tell something they are proud of, give a presentation on how a company would use meltwater's products, and participate in a debate. 4. individual interviews where 4-5 managers bombard you with questions about motivation and other typical questions. Not somewhere you would want to work. The people are all a little strange just like the CEO, and try to act like this job is prestigious even though its just a sales job. EVERYONE is promoted to "manager" after about 3 months. What company do you know of that everyone becomes a manager after a short amount of time? Really weird.

Interview Question – No specific questions until the end. Just be honest with whatever you say. They are looking for a certain type of person rather than a good answer.   Answer Question

Media Consultant Interview

Media Consultant

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Meltwater Group.

Interview Details – First round you meet at the office and have a group interview. Beer and wine along with appetizers are served. When you walk in they take your picture and give you a name tag. Once everyone arrives, they basically tell you about the company and what your potential job be. Then you're on your own to make connections with the hiring managers.

Interview Question – No direct questions. It's up to you to show interest and ask your own questions.   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

Sales Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Meltwater Group in March 2014.

Interview Details – Tough. Starts out with an information sessions where you meet all of the other candidates for the position, creating a strange environment. Next step (if you get invited) is a group interview. If you do well at that, you'll be chosen to interview in front of a panel of people. If public speaking is not your strong suit, this might not be for you.

Interview Question – I was given a mock scenario where i had to sell Meltwater's products and was given 30 seconds to come up with a plan.   View Answer

International Management Trainee

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Meltwater Group.

Interview Details – I was interviewed via phone for the first interview.

Very short. I prepared all these questions and answers and was asked virtually none of them.

It was basically a phone conversation full of my questions about the company and why I was interested. I have no clue what they got out of it.

I'm waiting to hear back on the second interview

Interview Question – There was none   Answer Question

Worked for Meltwater Group? Contribute to the Community!