Meltwater Group Interview Questions

Updated Oct 14, 2014
Updated Oct 14, 2014

3.4

Account Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Meltwater Group.

Had an initial phone interview and was invited to the group "meet and greet" portion of the interview. Overall this was a very stressful experience, even though they tried to make it seem cool and casual with wine, beer and snacks. You are placed with around 20 other candidates and 3 meltwater employees lead the interview. Candidates were jumping at the bit to ask questions and fighting for attention. I honestly felt like I was in the hunger games. Unless you are an extreme extrovert this process will be difficult to get noticed and get any time with the employees.

Key Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online – interviewed at Meltwater Group.

I applied through a LinkedIn job posting I saw the night before the deadline. I received an email the next day asking me my availability for a phone conversation that same afternoon. We scheduled a call and it went well. I was invited to a group interview at the new Marriott Marquis. There was about 10 of us and 5 people from Meltwater. I thought the company sounded great; young, energetic, smart with a lot of well known clients and many opportunities globally. I was still a little perplexed about what the actual job responsibilities were. I turned in a questionnaire.

At the hotel, there was a conference room reserved for the interview. All of the candidates were extremely friendly and smart. It seems that this company really went above and beyond to find extremely qualified people. Since I had applied on the later side of things, I had missed a company walk through and a meet and greet in weeks prior.

They gave a great presentation about the company and about the skills they were looking for. I was feeling really great about the company and definitely thought it was an opportunity I would enjoy. They had us do an introduction and a few short group case studies that I do not think were a good representation of my expertise. They also asked about our passions and hobbies. My group had many impressive talents and experiences. One guy sang some opera...how can you beat that? Others did volunteer work outside of the country. I, myself, had just finished my MBA and felt qualified for this position but it was hard to compete with so many others in the same room. An hour later, they called to tell me I was not being asked back for a one on one interview. I was a little disappointed, they had really sold me on the company and the company's culture.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Meltwater Group.

Had a 30 minute phone interview with the head of the New York office and was invited to a meet and greet in the city. The meet and greet was attended by 30-40 other college seniors/recent college grads, mostly a mixer, they had alcohol there, the atmosphere was clearly very young and fun, walked us through the company and had us mingle with the Meltwater folk.

Interview Questions
    • They didn't ask any questions, it was hard to find an open person to talk to sometimes because the ratio was skewed so far   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Meltwater Group in August 2014.

Got an initial phone screen, from there i was told i would get an email confirming a group interview at a hotel in new york. I asked what i could do to prepare for the interview and the recruiter said "nothing". I then attended the group interview, where on one side are the employers and on the other side are the candidates. The employers bragged about how they had a good month and how they barely made it to the meeting because of a late night of drinking.. (quite odd...) from there we were presented the company by the employer and from there we were told to give a brief explanation of ourselves, and pitch a passion of ours. then we broke up in groups and thought of a company that could use the meltwater service. After that we networked a bit, kind of forced but i guess they wanted a more personal feel. They didnt really mentiona what they looked for in a candidate but kept on sizing us up and staring at us like meat. After the 3 hour interview we are told that we will get a call asking if they want to do an individual interview. The interview has a lot to do with the questionnaire they ask you to fill out before coming to the interview.

Interview Questions

I want a career not a sales job.

Media Research Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Meltwater Group in August 2014.

Exceptionally unprofessional - they called forty five minutes late and just went through the motions. You leave with the impression that you're rather disposable, as if there are thousands of other applicants behind you. Furthermore, they conveyed a rather unjustified air of superiority during the conversation and one felt as if they were compelled to beg for the position. I informed them at the end of the interview that, while I appreciated their time, I would be withdrawing my candidacy.

Media Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Meltwater Group in June 2014.

Applied in May, didn't really hear back until June. However, once the process began everything went smoothly. Began with a phone interview and the second round was a group interview. Really wanted to know about experience but that comes with the territory.

Interview Questions
    • Can you explain how (certain area of Resume) applies to this position? How do you think this is relevant or helpful?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Meltwater Group.

I had an acquaintance refer me for a sales consultant position last minute as they were having group interviews in person a few days later. She put me in touch with her director and I had a phone interview with him shortly after. It was difficult to tell exactly what he was looking for and he seemed a bit disconnected from the SF team: he told me he was located on the East Coast. After our interview, he told me all of the slots for the group interviews had been filled, but he would keep my resume on hand for their next hiring round, which seemed conflicting because in his email a couple days earlier he had asked if I would be able to make the in-person interview if the phone interview went well.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing terribly difficult, but he did ask why I felt qualified for this role and it was difficult to answer given that there was no specific job description (or even job opening!) listed online   Answer Question

International Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

interviewed at Meltwater Group in May 2014.

Misleading post on a career services website offered a salary of $90,000 which seemed too good to be true. After applying, I was contacted the next day, furthering my suspicions. The real salary is more like $35,000 with the possibility to receive commission that would almost certainly not bring the total anywhere near this. Bring in duped graduates and soon-to-be graduates from top colleges and give aura of intense competition when in reality this is nothing more than a cold-call sales job from everything I've gathered. After the initial visit, I did not pursue.

Media Consultant Interview

First round you meet at the office and have a group interview. Beer and wine along with appetizers are served. When you walk in they take your picture and give you a name tag. Once everyone arrives, they basically tell you about the company and what your potential job be. Then you're on your own to make connections with the hiring managers.

Interview Questions
    • No direct questions. It's up to you to show interest and ask your own questions.   Answer Question

International Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Meltwater Group in April 2014.

1. This job title is 100% misleading. This position is domestic US sales that involves cold calling about 60 times a day. My current companies' colleagues say that meltwater sales people "annoy" them all the time.

2. The initial phone interview was pretty one sided with the meltwater employee talking almost the whole time. The open house was like sorority rush-people are trying their best to be noticed and awkwardly jump into conversation. One employee was talking about how she was going to "get wasted" after the event and dropping curse words here and there. Then, they have a slide show of the product.

3. The group interview shows a very similar slide show of the product (your own research is irrelevant at this point). Then, there's 3 group questions:
    Something you're passionate about, about yourself, and a presentation with 4-5 other candidates about a company that would benefit from the product.

4. Last, was the most infuriating panel interview I've ever experienced. They asked me to diss other candidates and talk about a setback. I gave a professional set back and they replied it wasn't "good enough" and asked for a PERSONAL one! That is completely inappropriate, but I gave them a broad answer. Then, they had the audacity to tell me that that setback wasn't that bad because I still had a high GPA.

They take the "intimidation factor" to the extreme and it was one of the most outrageously critical interviews I've ever had.

Interview Questions
    • What is a personal set back for you? (Not professional set back like most companies)   View Answer