Meltwater Group Interview Questions

Updated Mar 24, 2015
Updated Mar 24, 2015

3.3

International Management Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Meltwater Group.

Very disappointing. Meltwater does not provide any accommodations and interview process can be costly for many candidates who are traveling from a distance. If you don't have sales experiences, don't even bother applying. They say that sales experience is not required, but interviewers eyes light up when hearing about sales during the group interview.

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Meltwater Group.

Contacted by an executive recruiter who did a solid job preparing for a conversation and advocated to get an initial screen for my candidacy.
    Spoke on the phone with the hiring manager and was invited back to an onsite with 2 people. Prior to the interview, I was asked to think through a case question testing my product sense and execution skills.
    At the interview, there was a mix of behavioral and reasoning questions. The hiring manager preferred to lead the discussion. It was fairly interactive with opportunities for Q&A throughout the interview.
    They pride themselves in international presence, so do not be surprised by a "European", direct attitude.
    Know your stuff and industry. They are looking for a specific culture fit.
    I was a bit rusty on my data science and it came through in my response structure. While I received overall positive feedback, it helped me refocus and structure preparation for my next interview.
     practice will help here.

Interview Questions
    • How would you figure out whether two writer identities are actually the same person?   View Answer
    • How would you track down emerging authors?   Answer Question

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Meltwater Group in February 2015.

I had two phone interviews and then was invited to a group interview at a hotel in Atlanta. They did a company presentation and then we were asked to introduce ourselves and describe an achievement that we are proud of. After that we divided into smaller groups in which we had to pitch a company or organization that could use meltwater's services. The group interview finished with each person selling a passion of theirs. After that they narrowed it down to individual interviews. The individual interview was pretty intense, five recruiters on one, and they grilled you on behavioral and background questions along with running through mock sales calls as well.

Interview Questions
    • What reservations do you think Meltwater already has about you? Where will your learning curve be at? Who from the group interview would you chose to be on your team and why/why not? Why sales? What has been your biggest set back?   Answer Question

Media Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Meltwater Group in February 2015.

The interview was more about them trying to sell the company to me than me answering questions. In fact, I think they spoke the majority of the time. Two employees met with me and while one was talking, the other would be completely checked out of the conversation - even texting while his coworker was speaking. Through the course of the interview, I quickly realized the job description was incredibly misleading. This is a sales job plain and simple. You will be cold calling and trying to track down new clients. Your salary (also misleading) is based on how many clients you can gather quickly.

Key Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Meltwater Group in February 2015.

Applied online to company website job posting, within a week had a phone interview set up. Should have been a straightforward and normal phone screening but the recruiter didn't ask very clear questions and had a harsh tone when speaking. Had a hard time having a real conversation with them, seemed like they hated their job.

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Meltwater Group in January 2015.

Initial Phone interview followed by a Group Interview with about 20 candidates and 6 Meltwater employees and if you were chosen you had a 1 on 1 with the same 6 people later on.

Interview Questions
    • Group Interview
      1. An accomplishment that describes you?
      2. Case Study about recent news and selling the Meltwater product to them
      3. What are you passionate about? Sell me?

1 on 1 was pretty standard but they took a lot of the questions from the questionnaire. Very in your face as they want to get to know how you react and read situations. They want to find the REAL you! Don't bs.

Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Meltwater Group.

Interview process began with a couple of phone interviews with Meltwater managers or directors. If they felt you were a good candidate you were moved on to the group interview stage. They call the candidates they feel to be best suited for the position for a panel interview after the group interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Group Interview: Who would you want as your manager and why?   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Meltwater Group in October 2014.

They did a panel style interview, very unorganized and unwelcoming. I spent an hour there and then never heard back which is unprofessional. No one wants to work there, unless you're desperate for a job. They should hire people to help them out and learn how to interview people properly. They're just wasting people's time and making themselves look unprofessional.

Account Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Meltwater Group.

Had an initial phone interview and was invited to the group "meet and greet" portion of the interview. Overall this was a very stressful experience, even though they tried to make it seem cool and casual with wine, beer and snacks. You are placed with around 20 other candidates and 3 meltwater employees lead the interview. Candidates were jumping at the bit to ask questions and fighting for attention. I honestly felt like I was in the hunger games. Unless you are an extreme extrovert this process will be difficult to get noticed and get any time with the employees.

Key Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I applied online – interviewed at Meltwater Group.

I applied through a LinkedIn job posting I saw the night before the deadline. I received an email the next day asking me my availability for a phone conversation that same afternoon. We scheduled a call and it went well. I was invited to a group interview at the new Marriott Marquis. There was about 10 of us and 5 people from Meltwater. I thought the company sounded great; young, energetic, smart with a lot of well known clients and many opportunities globally. I was still a little perplexed about what the actual job responsibilities were. I turned in a questionnaire.

At the hotel, there was a conference room reserved for the interview. All of the candidates were extremely friendly and smart. It seems that this company really went above and beyond to find extremely qualified people. Since I had applied on the later side of things, I had missed a company walk through and a meet and greet in weeks prior.

They gave a great presentation about the company and about the skills they were looking for. I was feeling really great about the company and definitely thought it was an opportunity I would enjoy. They had us do an introduction and a few short group case studies that I do not think were a good representation of my expertise. They also asked about our passions and hobbies. My group had many impressive talents and experiences. One guy sang some opera...how can you beat that? Others did volunteer work outside of the country. I, myself, had just finished my MBA and felt qualified for this position but it was hard to compete with so many others in the same room. An hour later, they called to tell me I was not being asked back for a one on one interview. I was a little disappointed, they had really sold me on the company and the company's culture.