Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Meltwater Group
- Sales Consultant (37)
- International Management Trainee (33)
- Account Manager (14)
- Media Consultant (5)
- Media Research Associate (4)
- Sales Manager (3)
- Sales (3)
- Inside Sales (2)
- Key Account Manager (2)
- Social Media Sales Consultant (2)
- Entry Level Sales Consultant (2)
- Client Success Representative (2)
- Senior Client Relations Account Manager (1)
- Client Acquisition (1)
- Sales and Media Consultant (1)
- Account Executive, Client Success Group (1)
- International Sales Management (1)
- Sales and Media Consultant At Meltwater Group (1)
- Media Sales Analyst (1)
- Client Success- Account Management (1)
- Client Relations/Account Manager (1)
- Business Development Consultant - International Management Trainee (1)
- Graduate Managerial Role (1)
- Trainee International Management (1)
- Sales Consultant Interview (1)
- Digital Media & Sales Consultant (1)
- International Business and Sales Consultant (1)
- Media Consultant - International Management Program (1)
- International Management and Sales Trainee (1)
- Entry Level Business Development (1)
- Accepted OfferNegative ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Meltwater Group.
brief 10 minute phone screening asking about interest in role, if you're comfortable speaking on the phone, hypothetical situation. Brought in for group interview of about nine interviewees with three interviewers where we received a company presentation, told them about ourselves, and took a "skills test". handful of us brought back the next day for 1:1 consisting of one interviewee and three interviewers.
- Why are you interested in this role? What about your past experience would make you successful here? Why don't you have a job yet if you've been graduated for three months? Are you good at research and data entry? Do you want this job? How would you describe yourself, beyond what your resume tells us? Answer Question
- No OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Meltwater Group (New York, NY) in July 2015.
1. Phone interview with group lead (15 minutes) 2. Internet research skills test (1 hour) 3. Group interview with 4-5 other candidates (1 hour) 4. 1 on 1 interview with director (15-30 minutes)
- Describe your proudest accomplishment. Answer Question
- No OfferNegative ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Meltwater Group (New York, NY).
The first round was a group interview with around 10 interviewees and a panel of 8 or so Meltwater employees. They called 4 of us back for individual interviews. Not like any other interview process I've been to. The whole thing was essentially trying to see how someone handles being under pressure.
- They asked us to pitch a company that needs the Meltwater software and to give a 1 minute speech about something you're passionate about. Answer Question
- Declined OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Meltwater Group (New York, NY).
After the initial phone screening I was invited to NYC for a group interview. There were 13 candidates and 7 Meltwater employees. Expect on the spot speeches and presentations. If you are outgoing and enjoy public speaking it should be no problem. From the group interview, they then invited as many qualified candidates back for an individual interview later that day.
- There was also a 3 minute group sales presentation to a mock client Answer Question
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Meltwater Group.
Definitely an intense process. Group interview followed by a 4-on-1 interview that is designed to put you under pressure. Kind of a mind game but at the end, I felt proud of myself for getting through it regardless of whether I would be offered a position or not.
- Mock Sales call Answer Question
- No OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. I interviewed at Meltwater Group.
Generic questions and not conversational. Be prepared with a script since you won't have the opportunity to develop rapport or respond to custom and targeted questions. Interviewer shared mostly generic info that could be found on site.
- Q: Tell me about yourself and what you've been doing. Answer Question
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Meltwater Group.
First round was the group interview, very fun and engaging. You get to know your fellow interviewees and what kind of background they have, allowing you to see the playing field head on. The focus is mainly on your ability to integrate with, handle, and lead teams. If you pass the group interview, you will get a call telling you they would like to have an individual interview with you. They will also tell you to focus on an area of business that they think you can improve on. In this interview, there are mock situations you must be able to handle while the interviewers take notes. They will tell you right off the bat how you did and how you can improve.
- What are you most passionate about? Answer Question
- Declined OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
About an hour of describing the company, then had the kids introduce themselves and describe an achievement they are proud of. We were then split up into groups of 4 and presented on a product that could benefit from Meltwater, then we had to sell the interviewers a "passion speech".
- What hobby am I passionate about? Answer Question
- Declined OfferNeutral ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Meltwater Group in April 2015.
I submitted my application through a campus recruiter, and I received a call later that day to do a phone screen. They were very eager to set up an interview, and we set one up for the next day. I interviewed with the Director the next day, and was invited to the group interview. I could not make it to the group interview, and they were not really flexible about availability, so I withdrew my application. It is important to note that this is a SALES job, so do not let the title fool you.
- What is one recent news article that you have read? Answer Question
- Declined OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Meltwater Group (Denver, CO) in April 2015.
I had three phone interviews basically describing the position and the company, and then I had to fill out two different questionnaires. The in-person interview is actually this week for me, but I heard it consists of a group interview and if you make it through that you have a one-on-one interview that same day. Pretty much an all day deal.
- Describe an setback outside of University that you faced due to poor judgment. Answer Question
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review