Meltwater Group

Average Difficulty
23 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Meltwater Group.

Interview Details – I had an acquaintance refer me for a sales consultant position last minute as they were having group interviews in person a few days later. She put me in touch with her director and I had a phone interview with him shortly after. It was difficult to tell exactly what he was looking for and he seemed a bit disconnected from the SF team: he told me he was located on the East Coast. After our interview, he told me all of the slots for the group interviews had been filled, but he would keep my resume on hand for their next hiring round, which seemed conflicting because in his email a couple days earlier he had asked if I would be able to make the in-person interview if the phone interview went well.

Interview Question – Nothing terribly difficult, but he did ask why I felt qualified for this role and it was difficult to answer given that there was no specific job description (or even job opening!) listed online   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Sales Consultant

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Meltwater Group in January 2011.

Interview Details – Multiple phone interviews followed by a round table group interview by anywhere from 4-7 current managers and sales team members and about 15 other candidates. This interview consists of several hours of group sessions to see how you work with others and how you stand out, as well individual speaking sessions such as a sales pitch on your passion. If you get called back, you come in the next day for an hour or two interview with the 4-7 current managers and sales team members where it is pretty intense and they dive in to your personal and professional background. The goal is to see how you deal with stress, feedback, tough questions, and how well you think on your feet. Basically, they just want to see if you'll be a good fit culturally for the company, the office, and the specific role.

Interview Question – Please explain a time when you got knocked down - in detail - what happened, how you recovered, what you learned from it, and how that helps you today.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation - you either accept the salary or you don't. Everyone has the same pay based on position.

Sales Consultant

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Meltwater Group.

Interview Details – There is a four step interview process. Phone. Meet and Greet, Group, Individual. They are somewhat looking for people who like each other as opposed to people who are qualified. I went to the Meet and Greet and they didn't ask the candidates any questions they were just trying to figure out if you gelled.

Interview Question – There wasn't a difficult question. They just seemed very superficial. If you want to work there make sure you are white, blonde, and have been a member of a sorority. Alll of these will make you a star candidate.   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

The process took 3 months - interviewed at Meltwater Group in March 2012.

Interview Details – I applied to Meltwater Group and was emailed to set up a phone interview a week later. After the 1st phone interview I was invited for a 2nd phone interview that was 3 weeks after the 1st one. The 2nd phone interview included a lot of the same questions as the first interview. Then I was invited to "check out the office" which was really an informal pannel interview with 3 managers. The next week I was invited to come back to the office for a 2nd (more formal) pannel interview with the same managers plus the visiting area manager. The pannel interview was about an hour long, where they asked some tougher questions and asked me to role play a sales call. this was the toughest part of the whole process. The got back to me pretty fast with their decision not to hire me based on the fact that I wasn't a "Perfect Fit" The whole process took a little over 2 months.

Interview Question – Role Play a sales call and pitch services to an executive decision maker   Answer Question

Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Meltwater Group in June 2011.

Interview Details – started with a phone interview in which i pretty much just repeated my resume to the woman. She also asked me to describe a moment in my life in which i overcame adversity. About a week later they called me in for a 1 on 1 interview. They asked me a couple questions regarding how i would pitch their product, even though they had not fully explained to me what it was (online research was scarce). Whenever I asked a question they would answer by beating around it but not really giving me a true answer.

Interview Question – Pick any company and describe to me how they would use our software   Answer Question

Austin, TX

The process took a day - interviewed at Meltwater Group in August 2011.

Interview Details – Got a call working through the preliminaries of my experience and how they fit into the job opening. After the phone interview I was invited in for 1:1 interview in their downtown offices. Very young crew working there. The job has a big emphasis on cold calling and building your pipeline, no lead are provided. The territory base for the Press product is all of north america. Salary base is competitive, so you will not starve while building your book of business. The next step was a panel interview with upper management.

Interview Question – How do you build your cold calling pipeline?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I declined the panel interview because I accepted a job with another company.

Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Meltwater Group in May 2011.

Interview Details – Overall interesting experience. First interview was an easy phone interview questioning motivation for wanting to pursue a sales role. Second interview consisted of 10 candidates and 6 managers. Basic company presentation, individual introductions, team work exercise, etc. Evaluated by group and asked to return for second round the next day. This one was 1 on 6 and a little more intimidating. Really try to make you think on your feet and understand your motivation for joining here.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work at Meltwater Group?   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Mountain View, CA

The process took 5 days - interviewed at Meltwater Group in February 2011.

Interview Details – I was contacted by an area sales director, after a brief phone interview, I came in and met the local office manager and sales manager. I was then invited to come back for a group interview in which I met with four members of Meltwater along with 3 other candidates. After that interview I was invited back for a final interview with four members of the Meltwater team. I was notified a few days later that they would not be making me an offer.

Interview Questions

New York, NY

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Meltwater Group in October 2010.

Interview Details – group presentation then panel interview.

Interview Question – What keywords would you use to look up a company in which to sell our services too?   Answer Question

Miami Beach, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Meltwater Group in April 2010.

Interview Details – The phone interview consisted of background information from your resume. Why sales and was pretty straightforward. The group interview had a presentation about the company , a personal presentation about your self and a debate. The last interview is a panel of all the managers and yourself.

Interview Question – You have to evaluate everyone in your group interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is none the base is flat offer

Worked for Meltwater Group? Contribute to the Community!