Meltwater Group Sales Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Aug 11, 2015

3.6

Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Meltwater Group.

Interview

Definitely an intense process. Group interview followed by a 4-on-1 interview that is designed to put you under pressure. Kind of a mind game but at the end, I felt proud of myself for getting through it regardless of whether I would be offered a position or not.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Meltwater Group

Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Meltwater Group.

Interview

First round was the group interview, very fun and engaging. You get to know your fellow interviewees and what kind of background they have, allowing you to see the playing field head on. The focus is mainly on your ability to integrate with, handle, and lead teams. If you pass the group interview, you will get a call telling you they would like to have an individual interview with you. They will also tell you to focus on an area of business that they think you can improve on. In this interview, there are mock situations you must be able to handle while the interviewers take notes. They will tell you right off the bat how you did and how you can improve.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Meltwater Group (Miami, FL) in April 2015.

Interview

They have a mixer first, to evaluate people's personalities. If they like you (or remember you), they offer you a callback interview. The callback is a group interview where they put you in group scenarios, make you do public speeches, etc. It is kinda fun. Within hours they call back final candidates and offer them another interview. The last interview is basically a stress test, and they make you take positions on the other candidates you saw at the group interview.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Meltwater Group (Atlanta, GA) in March 2015.

Interview

The group interview consisted of 10 or so other applicants and around 5 employees. It was somewhat nerve-racking in that we were each required to stand at the front of the room and talk about ourselves, our greatest accomplishment, and finally do a 1 minute "sales pitch" on something you are passionate about. If you get called back for the individual interview, then you will go to their office and meet with about 5 employees total. I thought it was strange that there were so many people interviewing me, but it was probably better than being interviewed alone by the ringleader because he was pretty annoying. Once I said that I wasn't passionate about sales the interview went downhill.

Interview Questions

• What do you think that we are worried about with you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Meltwater Group (Atlanta, GA) in February 2015.

Interview

I had two phone interviews and then was invited to a group interview at a hotel in Atlanta. They did a company presentation and then we were asked to introduce ourselves and describe an achievement that we are proud of. After that we divided into smaller groups in which we had to pitch a company or organization that could use meltwater's services. The group interview finished with each person selling a passion of theirs. After that they narrowed it down to individual interviews. The individual interview was pretty intense, five recruiters on one, and they grilled you on behavioral and background questions along with running through mock sales calls as well.

Interview Questions

• What reservations do you think Meltwater already has about you? Where will your learning curve be at? Who from the group interview would you chose to be on your team and why/why not? Why sales? What has been your biggest set back?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Meltwater Group (Atlanta, GA) in January 2015.

Interview

Initial Phone interview followed by a Group Interview with about 20 candidates and 6 Meltwater employees and if you were chosen you had a 1 on 1 with the same 6 people later on.

Interview Questions

• Group Interview 1. An accomplishment that describes you? 2. Case Study about recent news and selling the Meltwater product to them 3. What are you passionate about? Sell me? 1 on 1 was pretty standard but they took a lot of the questions from the questionnaire. Very in your face as they want to get to know how you react and read situations. They want to find the REAL you! Don't bs.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Meltwater Group (New York, NY).

Interview

Had a 30 minute phone interview with the head of the New York office and was invited to a meet and greet in the city. The meet and greet was attended by 30-40 other college seniors/recent college grads, mostly a mixer, they had alcohol there, the atmosphere was clearly very young and fun, walked us through the company and had us mingle with the Meltwater folk.

Interview Questions

• They didn't ask any questions, it was hard to find an open person to talk to sometimes because the ratio was skewed so far   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Meltwater Group (New York, NY) in August 2014.

Interview

Got an initial phone screen, from there i was told i would get an email confirming a group interview at a hotel in new york. I asked what i could do to prepare for the interview and the recruiter said "nothing". I then attended the group interview, where on one side are the employers and on the other side are the candidates. The employers bragged about how they had a good month and how they barely made it to the meeting because of a late night of drinking.. (quite odd...) from there we were presented the company by the employer and from there we were told to give a brief explanation of ourselves, and pitch a passion of ours. then we broke up in groups and thought of a company that could use the meltwater service. After that we networked a bit, kind of forced but i guess they wanted a more personal feel. They didnt really mentiona what they looked for in a candidate but kept on sizing us up and staring at us like meat. After the 3 hour interview we are told that we will get a call asking if they want to do an individual interview. The interview has a lot to do with the questionnaire they ask you to fill out before coming to the interview.

Interview Questions

I want a career not a sales job.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Meltwater Group (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I had an acquaintance refer me for a sales consultant position last minute as they were having group interviews in person a few days later. She put me in touch with her director and I had a phone interview with him shortly after. It was difficult to tell exactly what he was looking for and he seemed a bit disconnected from the SF team: he told me he was located on the East Coast. After our interview, he told me all of the slots for the group interviews had been filled, but he would keep my resume on hand for their next hiring round, which seemed conflicting because in his email a couple days earlier he had asked if I would be able to make the in-person interview if the phone interview went well.

Interview Questions

• Nothing terribly difficult, but he did ask why I felt qualified for this role and it was difficult to answer given that there was no specific job description (or even job opening!) listed online   Answer Question

Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Meltwater Group.

Interview

There is a four step interview process. Phone. Meet and Greet, Group, Individual. They are somewhat looking for people who like each other as opposed to people who are qualified. I went to the Meet and Greet and they didn't ask the candidates any questions they were just trying to figure out if you gelled.

Interview Questions

• There wasn't a difficult question. They just seemed very superficial. If you want to work there make sure you are white, blonde, and have been a member of a sorority. Alll of these will make you a star candidate.   Answer Question