Meltwater Group Sales Consultant Interview Questions

3.6

27 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Meltwater Group.

Had a 30 minute phone interview with the head of the New York office and was invited to a meet and greet in the city. The meet and greet was attended by 30-40 other college seniors/recent college grads, mostly a mixer, they had alcohol there, the atmosphere was clearly very young and fun, walked us through the company and had us mingle with the Meltwater folk.

Interview Questions
  • They didn't ask any questions, it was hard to find an open person to talk to sometimes because the ratio was skewed so far   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Meltwater Group

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Meltwater Group in August 2014.

Got an initial phone screen, from there i was told i would get an email confirming a group interview at a hotel in new york. I asked what i could do to prepare for the interview and the recruiter said "nothing". I then attended the group interview, where on one side are the employers and on the other side are the candidates. The employers bragged about how they had a good month and how they barely made it to the meeting because of a late night of drinking.. (quite odd...) from there we were presented the company by the employer and from there we were told to give a brief explanation of ourselves, and pitch a passion of ours. then we broke up in groups and thought of a company that could use the meltwater service. After that we networked a bit, kind of forced but i guess they wanted a more personal feel. They didnt really mentiona what they looked for in a candidate but kept on sizing us up and staring at us like meat. After the 3 hour interview we are told that we will get a call asking if they want to do an individual interview. The interview has a lot to do with the questionnaire they ask you to fill out before coming to the interview.

Interview Questions

I want a career not a sales job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Meltwater Group.

I had an acquaintance refer me for a sales consultant position last minute as they were having group interviews in person a few days later. She put me in touch with her director and I had a phone interview with him shortly after. It was difficult to tell exactly what he was looking for and he seemed a bit disconnected from the SF team: he told me he was located on the East Coast. After our interview, he told me all of the slots for the group interviews had been filled, but he would keep my resume on hand for their next hiring round, which seemed conflicting because in his email a couple days earlier he had asked if I would be able to make the in-person interview if the phone interview went well.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing terribly difficult, but he did ask why I felt qualified for this role and it was difficult to answer given that there was no specific job description (or even job opening!) listed online   Answer Question

Sales Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Meltwater Group in January 2011.

Multiple phone interviews followed by a round table group interview by anywhere from 4-7 current managers and sales team members and about 15 other candidates. This interview consists of several hours of group sessions to see how you work with others and how you stand out, as well individual speaking sessions such as a sales pitch on your passion. If you get called back, you come in the next day for an hour or two interview with the 4-7 current managers and sales team members where it is pretty intense and they dive in to your personal and professional background. The goal is to see how you deal with stress, feedback, tough questions, and how well you think on your feet. Basically, they just want to see if you'll be a good fit culturally for the company, the office, and the specific role.

Interview Questions
    • Please explain a time when you got knocked down - in detail - what happened, how you recovered, what you learned from it, and how that helps you today.   Answer Question
    No negotiation - you either accept the salary or you don't. Everyone has the same pay based on position.

Sales Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Meltwater Group.

There is a four step interview process. Phone. Meet and Greet, Group, Individual. They are somewhat looking for people who like each other as opposed to people who are qualified. I went to the Meet and Greet and they didn't ask the candidates any questions they were just trying to figure out if you gelled.

Interview Questions
    • There wasn't a difficult question. They just seemed very superficial. If you want to work there make sure you are white, blonde, and have been a member of a sorority. Alll of these will make you a star candidate.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The process took 3 months - interviewed at Meltwater Group in March 2012.

I applied to Meltwater Group and was emailed to set up a phone interview a week later. After the 1st phone interview I was invited for a 2nd phone interview that was 3 weeks after the 1st one. The 2nd phone interview included a lot of the same questions as the first interview. Then I was invited to "check out the office" which was really an informal pannel interview with 3 managers. The next week I was invited to come back to the office for a 2nd (more formal) pannel interview with the same managers plus the visiting area manager. The pannel interview was about an hour long, where they asked some tougher questions and asked me to role play a sales call. this was the toughest part of the whole process. The got back to me pretty fast with their decision not to hire me based on the fact that I wasn't a "Perfect Fit" The whole process took a little over 2 months.

Interview Questions
    • Role Play a sales call and pitch services to an executive decision maker   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Meltwater Group in June 2011.

started with a phone interview in which i pretty much just repeated my resume to the woman. She also asked me to describe a moment in my life in which i overcame adversity. About a week later they called me in for a 1 on 1 interview. They asked me a couple questions regarding how i would pitch their product, even though they had not fully explained to me what it was (online research was scarce). Whenever I asked a question they would answer by beating around it but not really giving me a true answer.

Interview Questions
    • Pick any company and describe to me how they would use our software   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

The process took a day - interviewed at Meltwater Group in August 2011.

Got a call working through the preliminaries of my experience and how they fit into the job opening. After the phone interview I was invited in for 1:1 interview in their downtown offices. Very young crew working there. The job has a big emphasis on cold calling and building your pipeline, no lead are provided. The territory base for the Press product is all of north america. Salary base is competitive, so you will not starve while building your book of business. The next step was a panel interview with upper management.

Interview Questions

I declined the panel interview because I accepted a job with another company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Meltwater Group in May 2011.

Overall interesting experience. First interview was an easy phone interview questioning motivation for wanting to pursue a sales role. Second interview consisted of 10 candidates and 6 managers. Basic company presentation, individual introductions, team work exercise, etc. Evaluated by group and asked to return for second round the next day. This one was 1 on 6 and a little more intimidating. Really try to make you think on your feet and understand your motivation for joining here.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mountain View, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

The process took 5 days - interviewed at Meltwater Group in February 2011.

I was contacted by an area sales director, after a brief phone interview, I came in and met the local office manager and sales manager. I was then invited to come back for a group interview in which I met with four members of Meltwater along with 3 other candidates. After that interview I was invited back for a final interview with four members of the Meltwater team. I was notified a few days later that they would not be making me an offer.

Interview Questions

Worked for Meltwater Group? Contribute to the Community!