Meltwater Group Sales Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Jun 20, 2015

3.6

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Meltwater Group (Chicago, IL) in March 2012.

Interview

I applied to Meltwater Group and was emailed to set up a phone interview a week later. After the 1st phone interview I was invited for a 2nd phone interview that was 3 weeks after the 1st one. The 2nd phone interview included a lot of the same questions as the first interview. Then I was invited to "check out the office" which was really an informal pannel interview with 3 managers. The next week I was invited to come back to the office for a 2nd (more formal) pannel interview with the same managers plus the visiting area manager. The pannel interview was about an hour long, where they asked some tougher questions and asked me to role play a sales call. this was the toughest part of the whole process. The got back to me pretty fast with their decision not to hire me based on the fact that I wasn't a "Perfect Fit" The whole process took a little over 2 months.

Interview Questions

• Role Play a sales call and pitch services to an executive decision maker   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Meltwater Group

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Meltwater Group (Austin, TX) in August 2011.

Interview

Got a call working through the preliminaries of my experience and how they fit into the job opening. After the phone interview I was invited in for 1:1 interview in their downtown offices. Very young crew working there. The job has a big emphasis on cold calling and building your pipeline, no lead are provided. The territory base for the Press product is all of north america. Salary base is competitive, so you will not starve while building your book of business. The next step was a panel interview with upper management.

Interview Questions

I declined the panel interview because I accepted a job with another company.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Meltwater Group (Boston, MA) in June 2011.

Interview

started with a phone interview in which i pretty much just repeated my resume to the woman. She also asked me to describe a moment in my life in which i overcame adversity. About a week later they called me in for a 1 on 1 interview. They asked me a couple questions regarding how i would pitch their product, even though they had not fully explained to me what it was (online research was scarce). Whenever I asked a question they would answer by beating around it but not really giving me a true answer.

Interview Questions

• Pick any company and describe to me how they would use our software   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Meltwater Group (Chicago, IL) in May 2011.

Interview

Overall interesting experience. First interview was an easy phone interview questioning motivation for wanting to pursue a sales role. Second interview consisted of 10 candidates and 6 managers. Basic company presentation, individual introductions, team work exercise, etc. Evaluated by group and asked to return for second round the next day. This one was 1 on 6 and a little more intimidating. Really try to make you think on your feet and understand your motivation for joining here.

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Meltwater Group (Mountain View, CA) in February 2011.

Interview

I was contacted by an area sales director, after a brief phone interview, I came in and met the local office manager and sales manager. I was then invited to come back for a group interview in which I met with four members of Meltwater along with 3 other candidates. After that interview I was invited back for a final interview with four members of the Meltwater team. I was notified a few days later that they would not be making me an offer.

Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Meltwater Group in January 2011.

Interview

Multiple phone interviews followed by a round table group interview by anywhere from 4-7 current managers and sales team members and about 15 other candidates. This interview consists of several hours of group sessions to see how you work with others and how you stand out, as well individual speaking sessions such as a sales pitch on your passion. If you get called back, you come in the next day for an hour or two interview with the 4-7 current managers and sales team members where it is pretty intense and they dive in to your personal and professional background. The goal is to see how you deal with stress, feedback, tough questions, and how well you think on your feet. Basically, they just want to see if you'll be a good fit culturally for the company, the office, and the specific role.

Interview Questions

• Please explain a time when you got knocked down - in detail - what happened, how you recovered, what you learned from it, and how that helps you today.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation - you either accept the salary or you don't. Everyone has the same pay based on position.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Meltwater Group (New York, NY) in October 2010.

Interview

group presentation then panel interview.

Interview Questions

• What keywords would you use to look up a company in which to sell our services too?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Meltwater Group (Miami Beach, FL) in April 2010.

Interview

The phone interview consisted of background information from your resume. Why sales and was pretty straightforward. The group interview had a presentation about the company , a personal presentation about your self and a debate. The last interview is a panel of all the managers and yourself.

Interview Questions

• You have to evaluate everyone in your group interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is none the base is flat offer

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Meltwater Group (Mountain View, CA) in January 2010.

Interview

You will be initially asked to conduct a phone interview with them which will usually consist up to 30 minutes. During this time, you are asked to "sell yourself" and provide reasons why you would be a great candidate for them. Upon passing that, you will be asked to go to a group interview with five other people. During which, you will hear their presentation, provide a presentation of yourself, role-play, do a debate, play survivor and state which one of the other candidates would you hire and etc.. If you pass this, you will be asked to go on a panel vs you interview where all 5 sales managers will be asking you numerous questions based on your experience. All in all, the interview is very extensive and the information they provide you for your job is scarce.

Interview Questions

• Split up in two groups and have a debate   1 Answer

THIS IS A TELEMARKETING COLD CALLING JOB! Everyone interviewing for this position graduated from A-class schools such as UC Berkeley, Stanford, and theres even people with MBA's in the room so you're under the impression that this job really has something special to offer, hence the fact that you're competing which so many high-talent individuals. After going through the interview, which is in the fanciest hotel in town, you arrive in their office which is completely desolate. Your office space consists of a table with five other laptops plus phones next to them. Your salary will be 36k and they tell you up-front that you will be required to work a lot of overtime (70 hours a week on avg). They claim it is so easy to make sales however when you ask the other people working there, none of them have hit their quotas in months. With all the hours you will be working in relation to the salary you will be getting, you might as well work for McDonalds which would pay you roughly the same.

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Meltwater Group (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)).

Interview

I applied online. Then I received the telephone interview. The call lasted for nearly 20 mins. The interviewer was very friendly and asked several questions about my CV. Then I was invited for a career event.