Meltwater Group

3.7

27 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Meltwater Group in October 2010.

group presentation then panel interview.

Interview Questions
  • What keywords would you use to look up a company in which to sell our services too?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Meltwater Group

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami Beach, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami Beach, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Meltwater Group in April 2010.

The phone interview consisted of background information from your resume. Why sales and was pretty straightforward. The group interview had a presentation about the company , a personal presentation about your self and a debate. The last interview is a panel of all the managers and yourself.

Interview Questions
    • You have to evaluate everyone in your group interview.   Answer Question
    There is none the base is flat offer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Meltwater Group in January 2010.

You will be initially asked to conduct a phone interview with them which will usually consist up to 30 minutes. During this time, you are asked to "sell yourself" and provide reasons why you would be a great candidate for them. Upon passing that, you will be asked to go to a group interview with five other people. During which, you will hear their presentation, provide a presentation of yourself, role-play, do a debate, play survivor and state which one of the other candidates would you hire and etc.. If you pass this, you will be asked to go on a panel vs you interview where all 5 sales managers will be asking you numerous questions based on your experience. All in all, the interview is very extensive and the information they provide you for your job is scarce.

Interview Questions
    • Split up in two groups and have a debate   View Answer

THIS IS A TELEMARKETING COLD CALLING JOB! Everyone interviewing for this position graduated from A-class schools such as UC Berkeley, Stanford, and theres even people with MBA's in the room so you're under the impression that this job really has something special to offer, hence the fact that you're competing which so many high-talent individuals. After going through the interview, which is in the fanciest hotel in town, you arrive in their office which is completely desolate. Your office space consists of a table with five other laptops plus phones next to them. Your salary will be 36k and they tell you up-front that you will be required to work a lot of overtime (70 hours a week on avg). They claim it is so easy to make sales however when you ask the other people working there, none of them have hit their quotas in months. With all the hours you will be working in relation to the salary you will be getting, you might as well work for McDonalds which would pay you roughly the same.

Sales Consultant Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Meltwater Group in August 2014.

There were four phases, phone interview, "meet meltwater" group session, the final group interview and in the same day as the group interview, there was the individual interview.
    The whole process took about 2 weeks, group session was held in the office itself and the group interview was held in a hotel nearby.
    The group interview was long (began at 8am and went through the day) but overall quite an enjoyable experience.
    Definitely not the job for you if you do not enjoy telemarketing or cold calls.

Interview Questions
    Salary non-negotiable but there is a bonus structure and on target earnings provided you meet target.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Meltwater Group in August 2014.

Received a call after two days of applying to do the phone interview. Then I was invited to attend a "meet meltwater" session where I was invited with other about 15 people. I figured out later that they conducted two "meet meltwater" sessions. after about a week, they invited me for a group interview, started by an introduction about the company and the management team. were asked to speak about ourselves, one of our passions and then we were divided into groups to perform a group exercise. Out of the 11 people in the interview, 6 were invited for an individual interviews the same day.

Interview Questions
    • What is your weakness? as they didn't seem to accept the answer.   View Answer

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Meltwater Group in February 2014.

I had applied online through LinkedIn. After I sent in my resume, they contacted me about the position. First, it was a phone interview with the managing director of the office. After that, I went in for 15 minutes to meet the managing director and his sales manager. They asked basic questions, but were really fixated on the ability of me wanting to sell Meltwater products over the phone.

Interview Questions
    • How would you sell Meltwater product based on what you know so far?   Answer Question

Sales Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Meltwater Group.

Phone interview, then one to one chat, then group interview.

Interview Questions
    • Will ask you to play out sales scenario / cold call in the interview. You're expected to answer immediately (with 1 minute to prepare) and professionally.   View Answer
    No negotiation for fresh grad.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Meltwater Group in September 2013.

Three stage interview process.
    First there was a meet and greet of around 20 selected candidates. They gave a presentation about the culture of the company and then everyone mingled to meet the staff.

Second stage around 15 people were called back for another interview. It was in a corporate room in a hotel and we all sat round a big horseshoe table. There was a panel of 4, the MD of the Dubai office, the Regional MENA Director and two sales managers.
    They introduced the company for around one hour. After, we each had to stand up one by one stating our name and what we were currently doing. Then we had a quick break and more introductory talks explaining what the tool does. We were split up into groups and were assigned a task, the objective was for them to see how well we worked in a team and whether we had initiative, and if we had the potential to be leaders. After the group 'activity' we each had to stand up and talk for 1 minute about something we were passionate about. The whole process lasted around 2-3 hours.

We all left the room and they told us they would call a few of us back after. Some people waited around for them to call us, others left. I was one of five people called back and it was a one on four interview. I sat at a big table in front of the 4 Meltwater employees and they grilled me on some really tough questions.

Myself and one other got job offers.

Interview Questions
    • If you were calling a coal mining company, what would your value proposition be?   Answer Question
    • Sell me this can of sports water.   Answer Question
    There wasn't negotiation, they offer the same package to all of their employees and you have to work your way up the ladder. Everyone in the company started off as a Sales Consultant - even the accounts and regional directors.

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Meltwater Group in May 2013.

I found the job on Linkedin and sent in my resume. Two days later, a Meltwater employee called me and asked if I had a minute. This turned into a 20 minute interview, during which he said he was very impressed with my resume.

A couple days later, his supervisor called and I had essentially the exact same conversation with her. Went through my resume, extracurricular activities in college, what I like to do for fun. A day later, I was invited to the in-person interview which took place two week later.

About 10 people showed up to the in-person interview, all recent grads. We met with about 7 of the Meltwater employees who led us into a room. They gave a presentation about the company and then asked if we had any questions. They then asked us to introduce ourselves. We stood and talked for 30- seconds. Then after we had to vote on one person we would choose to be our manager.

After this, we had a group exercise in which we split into two teams. Both teams were given a company. We had to choose which Meltwater product we would sell them and explain why. After we given a topic to debate: Ipads versus Laptops and Google versus Facebook.

Finally we had a lunch break. During lunch, each person received a phone call letting them know whether they had been invited back for a one-on-one interview. 3 other people and I were invited back.

The morning session was very light-hearted but the tone of the one-on-one interview was completely different. I sat on one side of the table and the panel of interviewers on the other. They started by saying that they thought that I was domineering and were afraid that I would be overbearing as a coworker. They then went through what they thought I had done wrong that day.

It involved the typical questions (What are your weakness? Why do you want to work at Meltwater?) but they were also some completely random questions (What keeps you up at night?) I felt like the entire interview was structured to throw you off and make you uncomfortable.

I had to do a pretend cold-call to a company. I was told I had 30 seconds to prepare and that it was going to be in Chinese. Awesome. Then they gave me feedback and had me do another cold-call in English.

The one-on-one lasted about an hour. At night, the company took the 4 finalists out to dinner which was nice. All in all, it was a fairly strange experience. However, the other candidates were very friendly and, if nothing else, I'm glad I did it for the experience.

Sales Consultant Interview

I received a scout message from Meltwater online and scheduled a phone interview with them. During the phone interview, we went through my education background and internship experiences, and spoke in both English and Japanese-- to check my foreign language fluency. Within one week, meltwater sent me another email and invited me to a face to face interview.