Memorial Hermann Healthcare Interview Questions in Houston, TX

Updated Aug 20, 2015

2.5

Material Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Memorial Hermann Healthcare (Houston, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

I was referred to the position by a friend and I followed up with HR. They called me into an interview with a director and a manager. It was a positive interview. They talked a lot about the company and the workflow

Interview Questions

• If you received a shipment with an invoice of 20 items and there is only 19, how would you resolve this issue?   Answer Question
    • How would your co-worker describe you?   Answer Question

Patient Access Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Memorial Hermann Healthcare (Houston, TX).

Interview

Applied for position May 22 recieved and email on June 7 from the Talent Acquisition. Completed the Hartman's Values Profile. Scheduled an phone interview that next day around 1pm which I received the phone call on time. At the end of the phone interview she scheduled my second interview with the office manger June 12 which went very well I was nervous for no reason. I received a phone June 22 stating that the interview went well and will be contacted for third interview which was scheduled July 7. A long process right I know!! Was offered the job on the 10th and accepted. Next is background check, physical and drug screening. They test for alcohol, drugs, and tobacco.

Interview Questions

• The third interview was a panel interview, which I was very nervous for no reason they basically talked about the position as if It was already mines, and what they were looking for and ask me two questions; Do I have any questions for them?; My experience with customer service? Once I told them I was a customer supervisor at Walmart I practically had the job in the bag!   1 Answer

Patient Access Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Memorial Hermann Healthcare (Houston, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

I went to the HR department and waited for a few minutes. It took the interviewers a long time to finally start. The two interviewers were not very welcoming. They looked like they hated their jobs. They asked me a couple behavioral questions, like about my biggest failure, biggest regret, how to handle conflicts at work.... I went through my answers while the two women stared off into outer-space, probably wondering about what they were going to do for lunch. The women were rude when I told them about some of my personal experiences, which was surprising, since we were at a hospital where the clients all have rough personal experiences. I lost a lot of respect for Memorial Hermann, and I am happy that I do not work there.

RN II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Memorial Hermann Healthcare (Houston, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

Contacted by email (complete Hartman Profile & background check) and scheduled phone screening. After phone interview, HR scheduled me a panel interview with unit. After panel interview completed, HR contacted me with offer. Physical and drug screen to be scheduled; they will test for nicotine as well. Overall great experience!

Interview Questions

• Strengths, weakness, what will you bring to the team, how you dealt with conflict and where do you see yourself in 5 years.   Answer Question

Clinical Social Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Memorial Hermann Healthcare (Houston, TX).

Interview

The interview is two hours long. They ask a range of questions about your experience working with people with co-occurring disorders, how you treated them, what the results were...very in dept information. you basically need to be able to paint a picture of what your role was as a clinician with the client and show your level of competency in the work. They are big on knowing evidence based practiced.

Interview Questions

• Walk us through what you did when your client was in a state of psychosis. What questions did you ask? What were you looking for when asking these questions? What was the clients response? What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Memorial Hermann Healthcare (Houston, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

30 minute on-campus interview followed by 40 min - 1 hour on-site interview. Very laid back in both, not many 'technical' questions although my knowledge of finance conceptually was tested. Mostly wanted to make sure I wouldn't jump ship to another industry and that I had an interest in healthcare - wanted to lock me down as more of a long term play.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation here.

RN II HVI Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Memorial Hermann Healthcare (Houston, TX).

Interview

Was contacted about a week after applying online, and then had a telephone interview that next week. Phone call from manager was over 30 minutes late, due to another interview running over. Interview went smoothly, although when I asked for additional information about programs that were listed on the hospital website specific to the HVI, the manager was unable to answer that. The interview went well, but I did not hear back from the recruiter until the end of the week (I interviewed on a Monday).

Interview Questions

• You have a patient that has just returned from the cath lab, and 30 min after the sheath is pulled, he complains of extreme back pain. How would you intervene?   Answer Question

Withdrew application, due to postponement of relocation.

RN Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Memorial Hermann Healthcare (Houston, TX) in June 2014.

Interview

People were professional. Well, out of the 2, one was. There were 2 ladies there. One was more interested in talking to me/ nicer than the other.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about how your strength helps you in difficult situations   Answer Question

Sterile Processing Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Memorial Hermann Healthcare (Houston, TX) in June 2014.

Interview

Applied a month ago. Got a call from the HR dept., and had an over the phone interview. Interview took about 10 minutes. Pleasant and questions were mostly about background for the position applied for. "Are you currently certified" ....etc. Got a call back two days later and set up for an interview with the manager of the department. Pretty quick process once they give you the initial call. Interview with manager and the lead tech at night went smooth,made you feel comfortable, asked questions as far your background, where your from, family life up to your work background. Showed me around the facility, basic rules of how they run the department. Whole interview took about 30 minutes. Basically put the interview went perfect. Didn't expect to hear from them for awhile but they called me back three days later and made an offer. Plus I think it helps to send an email of thanks to the recruiter who called you and set up the interview. I did that after my interview. Whole process minus the month after applying took a week. That's fast.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions at all. But was shocked by the straight forwardness, and the honesty about how they are generous about the salary. They certainly pay you what you are worth.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiation phase was probably the best I've ever encountered. Very generous salary, and the manager was honest and direct.

Patient Escort Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Memorial Hermann Healthcare (Houston, TX) in February 2014.

Interview

I first went to a job fair where I met with the staff of the HR department. After interviewing with them I had to interview with the director of the section I was interviewing for. Once they made there decision they called my in and I had one last interview with the staff and upper management of the section I would be working for.

Interview Questions

• Overall It was a pretty easy interview process. Most of the questions asked were ones that are asked at most other interviews.   Answer Question