Memorial Hermann Healthcare Interview Questions

Updated Mar 17, 2015

2.5

Clinical Social Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Memorial Hermann Healthcare.

The interview is two hours long. They ask a range of questions about your experience working with people with co-occurring disorders, how you treated them, what the results were...very in dept information. you basically need to be able to paint a picture of what your role was as a clinician with the client and show your level of competency in the work. They are big on knowing evidence based practiced.

Interview Questions
    • Walk us through what you did when your client was in a state of psychosis. What questions did you ask? What were you looking for when asking these questions? What was the clients response? What was the outcome?   Answer Question

RN II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Memorial Hermann Healthcare in March 2015.

Contacted by email (complete Hartman Profile & background check) and scheduled phone screening. After phone interview, HR scheduled me a panel interview with unit. After panel interview completed, HR contacted me with offer. Physical and drug screen to be scheduled; they will test for nicotine as well. Overall great experience!

Interview Questions
    • Strengths, weakness, what will you bring to the team, how you dealt with conflict and where do you see yourself in 5 years.   Answer Question

CI Technical Support Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Memorial Hermann Healthcare.

I applied online and one of the recruiters called me to screen me about 3 weeks after I initially applied. She then took my information back to the hiring team who chose to move forward. I had to take a personality test. I bombed the first try but they gave me another chance. I went in for the panel interview and was offered the position the very next day.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me standard questions about my previous positions.   Answer Question

Patient Access Representative Interview

I recieved a call two months after I applied for the position. Did a quick phone screen with HR to go over your resume and was then scheduled an interview with the hiring managers. It was a panel interview with 3 of the managers from the team and be prepared for behavioral interviews questions back to back. Also be sure to do your research on who you will be interviewing with via LinkedIn. Gives you a little common ground to break the ice if you did your research on them.

Volunteer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Memorial Hermann Healthcare.

Meet volunteer manager in person, asked about prior experience in volunteering and charity and asked whether there was a specific reason to choose this specific hospital. Talked about academic credentials and where I saw myself in 10 years after an experience such as this. They also talked about behavior and fit and other organizations within the volunteer program. Asked what hobbies I had and they were very flexible regarding when to start and end the program.

Interview Questions
    • There was nothing too unexpected other than why Memorial Hermann.   Answer Question

GN Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Memorial Hermann Healthcare in December 2014.

I applied for a GN position for January. Applications normally open up mid October. I received a call about a week after applying; I had a phone interview with the HR recruiter first. The HR recruiter and I discussed the areas in which I was most interested in, she then scheduled my interview in those areas. The first interview was with the nurse manager; I had a panel interview after that. A bit intense but everyone was pretty friendly. I received a call the next day after the panel interview with a job offer!

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you experienced conflict with another co-worker and/or classmate and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

RN II Interview

I was interviewed by a panel of six people. It was intimidating at first but everyone is very nice. They asked the usual questions about where you see yourself in five years, what was the most important thing you learned in clinical, what was your worst clinical day, why you want to work for this hospital, what area you want to work in and why,

RN II HVI Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Memorial Hermann Healthcare.

Was contacted about a week after applying online, and then had a telephone interview that next week. Phone call from manager was over 30 minutes late, due to another interview running over. Interview went smoothly, although when I asked for additional information about programs that were listed on the hospital website specific to the HVI, the manager was unable to answer that. The interview went well, but I did not hear back from the recruiter until the end of the week (I interviewed on a Monday).

Interview Questions
    • You have a patient that has just returned from the cath lab, and 30 min after the sheath is pulled, he complains of extreme back pain. How would you intervene?   Answer Question

Withdrew application, due to postponement of relocation.

RN Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Memorial Hermann Healthcare in June 2014.

People were professional. Well, out of the 2, one was. There were 2 ladies there. One was more interested in talking to me/ nicer than the other.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about how your strength helps you in difficult situations   Answer Question

Sterile Processing Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Memorial Hermann Healthcare in June 2014.

Applied a month ago. Got a call from the HR dept., and had an over the phone interview. Interview took about 10 minutes. Pleasant and questions were mostly about background for the position applied for. "Are you currently certified" ....etc. Got a call back two days later and set up for an interview with the manager of the department. Pretty quick process once they give you the initial call. Interview with manager and the lead tech at night went smooth,made you feel comfortable, asked questions as far your background, where your from, family life up to your work background. Showed me around the facility, basic rules of how they run the department. Whole interview took about 30 minutes. Basically put the interview went perfect. Didn't expect to hear from them for awhile but they called me back three days later and made an offer. Plus I think it helps to send an email of thanks to the recruiter who called you and set up the interview. I did that after my interview. Whole process minus the month after applying took a week. That's fast.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions at all. But was shocked by the straight forwardness, and the honesty about how they are generous about the salary. They certainly pay you what you are worth.   View Answer
    Negotiation phase was probably the best I've ever encountered. Very generous salary, and the manager was honest and direct.