Memorial Sloan Kettering Interview Questions

Updated Jul 23, 2015

Anonymous Employee in Providence, RI

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Memorial Sloan Kettering (Providence, RI).

Interview

I applied online through my college's alumni website. I got emailed to have a screening interview a week later. I interviewed with Pirooz, and it was the worst interview experience I've encountered. He was very short with me and didn't shake my hand since he "had a cough". He told me I would be contacted in about a month and even though I didn't hold my breath since he made it clear he wasn't interested, and two months later I was never contacted. With the lack of professionalism, I wouldn't encourage anyone to apply. I later found out a classmate of mine with little qualifications got the position because of connections he had through his father.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Memorial Sloan Kettering.

Interview

The interview was pretty straight forward. I met with an HR recruiter after being referred by a friend and a brief phone screening.After meeting with her I got what I felt like was a "golden ticket" which were instructions and directions for another interview the same day at a different location. After a little shuttle bus ride, I met with who I swear were 2 girls from that show "Rich kids of Beverly hills". I thought it went well, but got no offer so I guess not.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Memorial Sloan Kettering (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

Applied through University, received an email a few days later from recruiter to take assessment test online. Took test and got a phone call a few days later... still waiting

Physician Office Assistant II Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Memorial Sloan Kettering in July 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter after an employee referral. We set up a phone interview which was less than 10 minutes and I was asked basic interview questions. I set up an in person interview with HR with a slightly lengthier version of the phone interview. When I passed that round I went to the main hospital building and met with 2 supervisors then with 2 managers. Once they deemed I was right for the role I interviewed with a doctor and we hit it off! The entire process was 6 hours. I would say clear your day and be prepared to return in case you don't find the doctor you'll be working with right away.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Research Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Memorial Sloan Kettering (New York, NY).

Interview

There were three interviews over the course of 2.5 months due to scheduling issues; a phone screen, in-person interview with 4 staff on the project, and an HR interview. There would have been another interview (I was tied with another candidate) but I withdrew my application.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions: do you know how to conduct a t-test? Do you know how to conduct a literature review? General prompts: Tell me more about yourself. Tell me about how you coordinated meetings/events with multiple people.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Memorial Sloan Kettering.

Interview

It was very quick, lasted a couple weeks to do everything. Got a phone screen about 5 days after applying. Then after the phone screen got an in-person interview 3 days later. And the rejection came a few days later.

PhD Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Memorial Sloan Kettering (New York, NY).

Interview

4 interviews with 4 faculty members. The direction and intensity of the interview is entirely dependent on the interviewer. Know your own science and a bit about theirs. Ask insightful questions. The interviewer will be happy to talk about his research if you show a combination of interest and comprehension of the subject matter. Be humble. There is no way you know more than your interviewer.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Memorial Sloan Kettering (New York, NY).

Interview

After the first online assessment, you may be invited to take another online assessment. If you pass the second assessment, someone from HR would call you for a phone interview. The first interview is with someone from HR, then you meet with the department head/s. In my experience, the interview with HR was easy, but the interview with the department head/s was a bit difficult. A lot of questions that require details and relating your past experiences with the responsibilities you'd have if chosen for the position.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to make a difficult decision. How did you come to your decision?   1 Answer
    • Where do you see yourself in a couple of years?   1 Answer

Research Study Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Memorial Sloan Kettering (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

For this particular position, so far I have had a phone interview and an in person interview with HR and then the clinical supervisor and clinical manager. They have informed me there will be another in person interview before hiring.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Memorial Sloan Kettering (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied online after referral from undergrad and received timely response within 2-3 business days. Didn't receive an additional interview. Being a very recent undergrad with skills geared more towards clinical or lab practice moreso than administrative work, I was probably considered either underqualified or an ill-fit. Still, considering the circumstances it was an efficient process.