Memorial Sloan-Kettering Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 21, 2014
Updated Aug 21, 2014
117 interviews

Session Assistant I Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Memorial Sloan-Kettering.

I applied online through the MSKCC website, and was notified one week later to take a skills/personality test online. A few hours later I received a call from a recruiter to ask some basic questions- why I wanted to go into healthcare, etc- and we set up an in-person interview for the following week. I met with a recruiter who asked only 2-3 behavioral questions and said he would be in touch if I made it to the next round. I was not called back for the next round, and did not like the idea that the interview was only based on so few questions.

Interview Questions
    • Talk about a time you went above and beyond to provide exceptional customer service.   Answer Question

Physician Office Assistant Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Memorial Sloan-Kettering in August 2013.

First receive a phone call about job offer and in person interview date. Next you meet with multiple interviewers. If approved another interview is arranged with a new interviewer. Lastly you get interviewed by the Provider you will be working under.

Interview Questions
    • List three words that a friend would use to describe you.   Answer Question

Physician Office Assistant Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Memorial Sloan-Kettering.

Applied online, day after got a call from recruiter. She sent me an online assessment. As soon as I finished it she called me and we had an interview. A couple of weeks later I went in for an interview. She didn't seem very welcoming.

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Memorial Sloan-Kettering in February 2014.

Not the ideal interview experience.

I spoke on the phone with HR immediately after a current employee referred me. I had a brief interview with HR to discuss general details about the position and company. Afterwards, I had to go to a second campus and interview with the program manager. She was lovely and asked me to come in and speak with two more people, including the Dr. Later, I interviewed with the Research Coordinator and was asked a slew of general, behavior type questions from a guide. At my interview with the doctor, I learned she was out of the country. They let me speak with a current research assistant. She was insightful about the position pros and cons and it was honestly a helpful exchange. I set up another interview with the doctor and she mentioned the next step would be meeting more staff.

HR contacted me the next week to say that they were continuing ahead with other candidates, but that he wanted me to interview with different departments. I had two "blitz" interviews, where I met with up to three departments at a time. From one of the blitz interviews, I spoke with the incoming head doctor and followed up with the Clinical Research Coordinator.

A month later, HR sent an email saying the position was filled.

While I did feel HR was genuinely interested in adding me to the company, I felt really pulled around with the many interviews I had. At the end of the day, I had 8 interviews with MSK with varied departments/people, and in different buildings. That's a lot of time, stress, and energy spent to not get offered a position.

Interview Questions
    • During a blitz interview with multiple departments, "why do you want to work with us?"   View Answer

Session Assistant I Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Memorial Sloan-Kettering in July 2014.

I was first emailed by the HR recruiter with an assessment test, which contained a MS Word test, some math word problems, a personality assessment, and a few other things. I finished it up and he contacted me saying I passed and he wanted to schedule an in-person interview. We interviewed - a very informal, relaxing meeting - he just asked me a few questions and then told me I'd be interviewing with two managers. The interview with them was much more official and tedious, be ready to tell stories and have examples ready! This took about 1 hour. Afterwards, they told me I'd be interviewing with their manager, who asked me about half as many questions the first two managers did. They told me I'd hear from them and I got a phone call a few hours later with the job offer! Just be super friendly, make eye contact, shake hands and thank them for their time after the interviews. Be specific, have stories ready for their questions, have your strengths and weaknesses prepared and you'll be fine.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us a time when you disagreed with something your coworker did and how you handled it.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation. For an entry level job, this is a great starting salary.

Research Study Assistant Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at Memorial Sloan-Kettering.

I applied online and used an employee reference. This got my an interview, which I did not get, but they passed my resume to another department, where I interviewed and did not get. THEN it was forwarded to another department, and I did not get the position! (Maybe it's time to give up!) Overall it was a good experience, just very slow. This whole process took four months.

Interview Questions
    • Some interviewers asked basic questions off of a standardized sheet (strengths and weaknesses, experience working with difficult coworkers), while others asked more specific job related questions (what would you do if a patient did not want to enroll in a study?)   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 6 months - interviewed at Memorial Sloan-Kettering in February 2013.

I submitted my application through a job recruiter that came to my University. She called me back right away after having met me at the job fair. Then for two months I did not hear back and called numerous times to find out she had quit her job as a recruiter and I had to start my process all over again. Eventually when I did get an interview it was 3-part interview, first over the phone to check my fluency of Spanish. When I passed that I had two more interviews with 4 different people.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you feel that patients would feel comfortable with you?   Answer Question
    The contract is not negotiable.

Designer Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Memorial Sloan-Kettering.

After submitting a letter and resume I had a phone interview and then was called in for a 3/4 day of interviews. I met with my potential boss for an hour, had a Skype interview there with the person I would be replacing and then met with the two designers I would be overseeing.

Interview Questions
    • Insistence (repeated questioning) on naming specific research methodologies. Even after describing and naming various methods I've used in the past for ethnographic and design research and discussing outcomes, the interviewer wanted me to assign vocabulary to these methods and seemed to be focused very narrowly on whether I got these names "right."   Answer Question

Physician Office Assistant Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Memorial Sloan-Kettering.

Was interviewed by HR first (very easy; essentially a practice interview), then by two Administrators simultaneously, then by the Administrative Coordinator, then by physicians if you pass all previous steps.

Interview Questions
    • Give us one example of when you did not agree with your boss and what you did about it.   Answer Question

Session Assistant I Interview

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Memorial Sloan-Kettering.

Campus recruiting, then interview, and then they sent an assessment test to see if you move on to the next round. I got past the initial interview, but didn't find out about the assessment test until later, and ultimately did not pass the assessment test.

Interview Questions

Worked for Memorial Sloan-Kettering? Contribute to the Community!