Memorial Sloan Kettering Interview Questions

Updated Apr 17, 2015

Physician Office Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Memorial Sloan Kettering (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

All day process. Interview with HR, POA supervisors, and then a specific department. Four hours of interviewing with five people total and different locations. The interview went very well in my eyes. Towards the end I felt as if I was overqualified for the position. Seems like they're looking for entry level employees.

Interview Questions

• What's the best and worst thing about your current job?   1 Answer

RSA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Memorial Sloan Kettering (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

Met with hiring managers and they were warm and inviting. I was interviewed by two people. I prepared for the interview. I did my research on the organization. I reviewed situational and behavioral questions. I was very prepared so the interview was not difficult. I was able to move on to the next step. I met with a surgeon and he spoke about the job and environment. Then he said when can you start. Two days later, references and then 1 week later--I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe a time when you were under stress and you had to meet a priority deadline and the result ended positively.   Answer Question

Physician Office Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Memorial Sloan Kettering (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online, which required an online assessment. A few days later a representative from HR called for a short phone interview and scheduled an in-person interview. The interview day began with meeting with an HR representative discussing various behavioral questions. Then I took a shuttle to meet with Administrative Manager and then an Administrative Coordinator. The whole day took a couple of hours.

Animal Care Technician Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Memorial Sloan Kettering.

Interview

Easy interview and screening process as long as your able to follow directions. I talked to a senior manager on the phone and met with two managers in person. I was given a tour of the facility and hired about two hours later.

Nuclear Medicine Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Memorial Sloan Kettering.

Interview

two rounds. one-on-one and then four of the upper level scientists.
    glassdoor is asking too many questions for a simple review.. im really reviewing this so i can see other details on the site.

Physician Office Assistant II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Memorial Sloan Kettering (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online and took a 45 minute assessment, basic IQ test and typing skills. I recieved an email two months later stating that i passed my assessment and was invited for a phone interview. Like most of the reviews on here, phone interview was fairly short and simple just a few questions: what do you know about MSK? why did you apply for this position? what are some of your goals? basic questions. HR recruiter was very nice and friendly and she invited me in for a face to face. Common interview questions: strengths , weaknesses, future goals, why did i pick MSK. She went over the position ,duties, salary and benefits. There is a 2 year commitment so be prepared. There was a position that she wanted me to interview for that started in the upcoming month, but due to my school schedule it wouldn't have been possible. She was kind enough to call another department that had a position open for June, after my graduation date. They were willing to interview me that day, she gave me a map to the shuttle bus and names of the managers i would meet. I met with two Administrative Managers who were both really nice. Be prepared for a long set of questions, behavioral/situation based interview. Just smile, be prepared and keep your answers as detailed as possible. Relate your experience to the the job description, do your homework and research. I got a email the same day asking for references and a background check. HR called 2 business days later and offered me the position.

Interview Questions

• A situation where you had a complex issue, how did you deal with it? Went above and beyond for a patient? A time where you made a mistake ?   Answer Question

Research Study Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Memorial Sloan Kettering (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Didn't hear anything back. Later found out a friend works and had given him my resume to give to the HR. It's been 3 weeks and haven't heard anything back. Overall, he was a really nice guy.

Interview Questions

• The questions were situational based questions. For example, was there a moment when you and your co-worker didn't see eye to eye and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Research Study Assistant I Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Memorial Sloan Kettering (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

First, I had a phone interview with a member of the Talent group. A few days later I was invited to an in-person interview. Upon arrival I spoke to the receptionist who failed to let me know that my interviewer would be late. My first interview was with a member of the Talent group. This interview was very straight forward. I was asked a few behavioral questions but most of the interview was the Talent member explaining the job (benefits, vacations, duties etc.) The Talent Group member was extremely nice! At the end, I was told to wait 30 minutes for my second interview. The second interview was with the Hiring Manager and Dept. Supervisor. This interview was relatively tough. I was asked many behavioral questions. I was asked many times about my future plans in a career/schooling. Pursing graduate school is a thought in every recent graduate's mind. Memorial Sloan Kettering takes pride in their "tuition reimbursement". Since this position's hours are flexible (7am-7pm), I was told you will not be allowed to take courses during the week (unless the course starts after 7pm...) The Hiring Manger made it clear that work always comes before school. Besides behavioral questions, there was time for questions. BE PREPARED!
    Overall, the interview was just average. After the interview and learning more about this job, I realized I did not want to commit two years in this position.

P.S my Hiring manager kept calling the Dept. Supervisor a different name. If I am encouraged to do my research, you should as well! Very unprofessional!

Interview Questions

• Future Plans
      Leadership
      Teamwork
      How would you talk to terminally ill patients

Answer Question

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Application

Interview

A whole day of interview with 3 to 4 principal investigators. Very standard graduate student recruitment process. Some tend to ask very tough questions and some don't. You need to know your own research very well.

Project Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Memorial Sloan Kettering.

Interview

I applied online, and got an email from a recruiter about a week later, to schedule a phone screen for the following week. During the phone screen we talked about my experiences related to the position and my salary requirements -- the job turned out to be offering much less than I was looking to accept, and I was a little over qualified, so I was not surprised to get their e-mail a week later saying they had moved on to other candidates.