Memorial Sloan-Kettering

Memorial Sloan-Kettering Interview Questions

Updated Dec 13, 2014
Updated Dec 13, 2014

Research Assistant Interview

Asked for my resume. Seemed impressed with my GPA, but were full for the summer.

RN Postion Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Memorial Sloan-Kettering.

I met with HR and then the following week I met with the nurse manager and a clinical nurse specialist. HR interview was typical interview questions &2nd interview was more technical questions. Be prepared to discuss resume and clinical rotations. Everyone was very friendly and it seems like a great place to work overall. I am in the process of going for a third interview.

Interview Questions
    • How would I describe my leadership qualities?
      How would I avoid becoming an overworked nurse?
      How would I perfrom an assessment and what abnormalities would I be looking for?

Answer Question

Physician Office Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Memorial Sloan-Kettering in March 2014.

I applied online in February and received an invitation to take an assessment. The next day I was contacted by a recruiter who gave me a short phone interview and invited me in for an interview the following week. The day of the interview I met with the recruiter and she set me up for all my interviews for the same day. I met with two administrative supervisors, then two administrative managers and then with the physicians I would be working with. One of the physicians was unavailable and I was scheduled to come back the following week to meet with her. Th interviews all went extremely well. They were professional yet very inviting and relaxed. The physicians were VERY nice ladies. The interviews were about 30 mins to an hour and consisted of many behavioral and job based questions. They wanted specific clear answers that tied to previous employment. BE VERY CLEAR IN YOUR ANSWERS.

Interview Questions
    • Name three things that you need to work on. It comes up in all job interviews and I am never quite prepared for it.   Answer Question

Research Study Assistant I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Memorial Sloan-Kettering.

Really pleasant overall, very nice and comfortable. You need to be there on time. I recommend getting there 15 minutes early, they want you to show that you are interested in the position and serious about being there. Make sure you can talk about your resume in debt, if you are a recent college or still in college make sure you can talk about all of the jobs you've had (even summer jobs like camp counselors etc.) be sure to know your interests as well. For the HR interview most of the questions are about situations you've been in, like have you ever worked in a team, whats a situation you've been disrespected.
    You will interview with the people who are directly in charge of the service you applied for, make sure you have questions for them, they don't need to be seriously informational but should show that you are interested enough in the position to have done some research. If you have done previous research they will ask about it, make sure you can talk in detail about it, how many data points, protocols, etc.

Interview Questions
    • how many data points did you collect during your research   Answer Question
    salary isn't flexible, but there is over time
    start date is flexible

Session Assistant I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at Memorial Sloan-Kettering in March 2014.

Mostly situational based questions, how you would react in particular situations. As well as how you deal with stress and remembering situations in which you faced particular problems and how you dealt with it. For example, how would I know you were stressed?, tell me about a time where someone did not treat you the way you expected and how you dealt with that.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had a long-term project and how you dealt with meeting deadlines and you're overall interest during the time of the project.   Answer Question

Medical Secretary Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Memorial Sloan-Kettering in March 2014.

Very difficult interview.. over the phone call, then a interview with human resource assistant then two human resources managers then a interview with two doctors.

Interview Questions
    • so many behavioral questions.. each interview had about 5-15 questions a piece   View Answer

Physician Office Assistant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Memorial Sloan-Kettering in February 2014.

The hiring and interview process took about a month and a half for me due to scheduling issues. The first interview I had was with a recruiter who asked me basic questions about myself and my background. She also asked a few questions about working in a team and difficult situations that I have been in at work and how I handled them. Those last questions were to prepare me for the interview that I would have with the two Administrative Managers the following week. My interview with the two managers went well. They asked about 20 questions ranging from what my role is usually in a team to if I had ever made a mistake during my job. As long as you give genuine detailed answers you should be fine. My second interview took the longest (about an hour and half) but that was because they were extremely friendly so it was easy to talk to them and get more in depth about my experiences. The last interview was with the doctors that I would be working for. I was a little nervous at first but as soon as I came in to meet with them I quickly realized that there was nothing to be nervous about because they were so nice! They didn't really ask me any of the usual interview questions. They just asked more questions about my personality and what my future goals were. I was offered the position the next day. Overall it was a great interview process!

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever received feedback that you did not agree with?   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Memorial Sloan-Kettering in February 2014.

I applied through Linkedin and received a phone interview within the next few days. I then was asked to come in for an initial interview. I was told there are three stages to the interview. If you get to human resources, you probably got the job. I had three interviews in one day, which was completely exhausting, when I was told I would be there for one -- I forgot the names of people by the end of the second interview, and was tested on their names in the last interview and I couldn't remember them. Interview questions weren't necessarily challenging. I knew within a short amount of time being there that the position was not paid enough for the commute and responsibilities, although the benefits are good.

Research Study Assistant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Memorial Sloan-Kettering.

The process, overall, was smooth and timely. A MSKCC recruiter for another department forwarded my resume to the department that I interviewed with. First, there was a phone interview that lasted less than 20 minutes. Then, I was invited to interview in person. In total, I met with 5 people, including my direct supervisor, his "bosses", and the attending physician.

Interview Questions
    • Questions included "Tell me about yourself," "Why MSKCC." I was also asked where I see myself in two years / do I want to go back to school, strengths & weaknesses, my understanding of the position I was applying for.   Answer Question

Research Technician Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Memorial Sloan-Kettering in February 2014.

Sent in my application and then about 4 weeks later was contacted by one of the current lab technicians. We then set up a time and day for interview quick and easy. The interview processes was very good- I was questioned by 4 lab members and the PI. Things went well but no offer in the end.