Memorial Sloan-Kettering Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 21, 2014
Updated Aug 21, 2014
117 interviews

Research Study Assistant Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Memorial Sloan-Kettering.

The process, overall, was smooth and timely. A MSKCC recruiter for another department forwarded my resume to the department that I interviewed with. First, there was a phone interview that lasted less than 20 minutes. Then, I was invited to interview in person. In total, I met with 5 people, including my direct supervisor, his "bosses", and the attending physician.

Interview Questions
    • Questions included "Tell me about yourself," "Why MSKCC." I was also asked where I see myself in two years / do I want to go back to school, strengths & weaknesses, my understanding of the position I was applying for.   Answer Question

Graduate Student Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Memorial Sloan-Kettering in January 2012.

Application, followed by two interview rounds.

no negotiation

Physician Office Assistant Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Memorial Sloan-Kettering.

The hiring process required a lot of traveling. The first "round" was with a talent acquisitions manager who required me to take a computer test before the meeting. He also asked me a few questions that would be asked in the real interview. This was prep for the second "round" with two hiring managers who asked me around 15-20 questions. They required me to be specific in my answers. After that, I was called back to meet with a doctor, his nurse, and administrative assistant. This interview was short, just a few questions on conflict resolution.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time where you made a mistake.
      When was a time you showed empathy?
      When was a time you missed a deadline?
        Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Research Study Assistant Interview

Process was very pleasant- they called me to schedule an interview a few days after I applied (I had previously met a recruiter at a career fair), and I interviewed the next day with the Talent Acquisition Specialist, then with the Research Coordinator. A few days later, I interviewed with the Research Manager, and then the doctors that I would be working for. Everyone was extremely pleasant.

Interview Questions
    • Mainly behavioral questions and those pertaining to research- "how do you deal with deadlines? What would be your greatest challenges in this position?"   Answer Question

I chose to pursue a different position, but it was an extremely tough decision, as the job seemed wonderful.

Performance Improvement Specialist Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at Memorial Sloan-Kettering.

Several rounds of interviews. Be prepared to discuss PI and project management experience. Some clinical knowledge is ideal, but not a requirement. Be able to talk about how you interact with physicians, leaders, and how you may manage multidisciplinary teams. First round with department administrator, second and third with department managers.

Health Law Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Memorial Sloan-Kettering in December 2013.

The first stage was to submit an online application. I then received a call to screen me before the initial interview. I was screen by a talent acquisition manager and that was who my initial interview was with. I went to the human resources building for my first interview. She was very friendly and asked me several questions and also probed about my conflict resolution skills. Upon the completion of that interview, I was given an hour and sent uptown to the general counsels office for the next round. There I met with 2 women in the same room and was asked a wide variety of questions and reactions to scenarios and also the job was explained to me in more detail. After that, I was shown around the office and then met one more man. He asked me several questions and some seemed to contradict the women in terms of what the job description might entail. I showed myself out in the end which seemed odd. All in all it was a very long and tough interview, but the interviewers were very professional and respectful.

Interview Questions
    • No question was specifically difficult but most questions were extremely intricate.   Answer Question

IRB/PB Analyst Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Memorial Sloan-Kettering.

An HR rep first called me to set up an interview. Met with several people who asked the standard hiring questions, nothing weird or unusual. A second interview was set up later. I was told that if you get the 2nd interview it basically means they're interested in offering the position.

Interview Questions
    • How I handle stress, why I'm interested in MSKCC, what my previous employer would say I should work on improving, why I'm leaving my current job.   View Answer
    They told me the salary before I was scheduled to interview and informed me that I will probably get more than the minimum because I exceed the min requirements. I had multiple job offers and when they made me an offer, i informed them that another offer was higher so MKSCC raised theirs and I took it.

Research Study Assistant I Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Memorial Sloan-Kettering in July 2013.

I applied through the center's website for the position. Two weeks later, I called Human Resources to get a status update on my application; he offered me an interview for the following week. He got back to me in 4 days saying that the researcher who was hiring would be deciding to go ahead with the other applicants instead.

Interview Questions
    • Please talk about your experiences and how you think they will contribute to this position.   Answer Question

Senior Unix Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lyndhurst, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lyndhurst, NJ

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Memorial Sloan-Kettering in June 2012.

Initial phone call screen followed up by an in person interview.. all standard.

Interview Questions
    • They didn't waste my time asking silly questions. They got right to the point and asked relevant questions that determined if I could do the job or not.   Answer Question
    Direct and to the point. They do not play games.

Senior Research Technician Interview

Very detail, well-organized. People are helpful. Interview process was pleasure.