Memorial Sloan-Kettering Interview Questions

Updated Sep 14, 2014
Updated Sep 14, 2014

2.9

Research Technician Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Memorial Sloan-Kettering in February 2014.

Sent in my application and then about 4 weeks later was contacted by one of the current lab technicians. We then set up a time and day for interview quick and easy. The interview processes was very good- I was questioned by 4 lab members and the PI. Things went well but no offer in the end.

RN Postion Interview

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Memorial Sloan-Kettering.

I met with HR and then the following week I met with the nurse manager and a clinical nurse specialist. HR interview was typical interview questions &2nd interview was more technical questions. Be prepared to discuss resume and clinical rotations. Everyone was very friendly and it seems like a great place to work overall. I am in the process of going for a third interview.

Interview Questions
    • How would I describe my leadership qualities?
      How would I avoid becoming an overworked nurse?
      How would I perfrom an assessment and what abnormalities would I be looking for?
        Answer Question

Research Study Assistant I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Memorial Sloan-Kettering.

Really pleasant overall, very nice and comfortable. You need to be there on time. I recommend getting there 15 minutes early, they want you to show that you are interested in the position and serious about being there. Make sure you can talk about your resume in debt, if you are a recent college or still in college make sure you can talk about all of the jobs you've had (even summer jobs like camp counselors etc.) be sure to know your interests as well. For the HR interview most of the questions are about situations you've been in, like have you ever worked in a team, whats a situation you've been disrespected.
    You will interview with the people who are directly in charge of the service you applied for, make sure you have questions for them, they don't need to be seriously informational but should show that you are interested enough in the position to have done some research. If you have done previous research they will ask about it, make sure you can talk in detail about it, how many data points, protocols, etc.

Interview Questions
    • how many data points did you collect during your research   Answer Question
    salary isn't flexible, but there is over time
    start date is flexible

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Memorial Sloan-Kettering in September 2013.

Pretty slow

Session Assistant I Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Memorial Sloan-Kettering in March 2013.

First and foremost you should get someone to refer you. It is a lot easier to get hired this way. They usually hire new rounds of session assistants every 3 - 4 months (sometimes even sooner) so always check with your inside connect.

After you complete the online application you will have to go on 3 ~ 4 interviews in this order usually:

Interview 1: Usually someone from HR.
    - He will usually ask you general questions regarding the position such as your past working experience, how did you hear about the job, etc.

Interview 2: Usually 2 Clinical Practice Supervisor leaders
    - Very easy going interview that ask you more specific questions regarding who you are, past experience, and resume

Interview 3: Usually a Administrative Manager
    - At this point you're pretty good. Just reiterate what you said in your prior interviews and act professional.

Interview Questions
    • Questions vary depending on your resume. Make sure you review your cover letter and resume before going to the interview.   Answer Question
    I received an offer of 39,500 dollars for start off pay. There isn't really much wiggle room because it's an entry level position.

Research Study Assistant Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Memorial Sloan-Kettering.

The process, overall, was smooth and timely. A MSKCC recruiter for another department forwarded my resume to the department that I interviewed with. First, there was a phone interview that lasted less than 20 minutes. Then, I was invited to interview in person. In total, I met with 5 people, including my direct supervisor, his "bosses", and the attending physician.

Interview Questions
    • Questions included "Tell me about yourself," "Why MSKCC." I was also asked where I see myself in two years / do I want to go back to school, strengths & weaknesses, my understanding of the position I was applying for.   Answer Question

Graduate Student Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Memorial Sloan-Kettering in January 2012.

Application, followed by two interview rounds.

no negotiation

Physician Office Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Memorial Sloan-Kettering.

The hiring process required a lot of traveling. The first "round" was with a talent acquisitions manager who required me to take a computer test before the meeting. He also asked me a few questions that would be asked in the real interview. This was prep for the second "round" with two hiring managers who asked me around 15-20 questions. They required me to be specific in my answers. After that, I was called back to meet with a doctor, his nurse, and administrative assistant. This interview was short, just a few questions on conflict resolution.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time where you made a mistake.
      When was a time you showed empathy?
      When was a time you missed a deadline?
        Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Research Study Assistant Interview

Process was very pleasant- they called me to schedule an interview a few days after I applied (I had previously met a recruiter at a career fair), and I interviewed the next day with the Talent Acquisition Specialist, then with the Research Coordinator. A few days later, I interviewed with the Research Manager, and then the doctors that I would be working for. Everyone was extremely pleasant.

Interview Questions
    • Mainly behavioral questions and those pertaining to research- "how do you deal with deadlines? What would be your greatest challenges in this position?"   Answer Question

I chose to pursue a different position, but it was an extremely tough decision, as the job seemed wonderful.

Performance Improvement Specialist Interview

Several rounds of interviews. Be prepared to discuss PI and project management experience. Some clinical knowledge is ideal, but not a requirement. Be able to talk about how you interact with physicians, leaders, and how you may manage multidisciplinary teams. First round with department administrator, second and third with department managers.