Memorial Sloan Kettering Interview Questions in New York, NY

Updated Aug 29, 2015

2.9

Medical Technologist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Memorial Sloan Kettering (New York, NY).

Interview

I don't really remember it was more than 3 years ago. It was a typical interview, met with many people , they asked skill related questions along with personality questions. Nothing overly complicated they just want to get a feel for how you will fit in to the department. I don't think this is unsual.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to overcome a challenge at work.   Answer Question

Research Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Memorial Sloan Kettering (New York, NY).

Interview

Fairly short since it was a new lab starting and it needed staffing fast. there wasn't any specific programming questions just questions in on my general background in research. If you have a decent background in research , and came out of a good university , you should do fine.

Interview Questions

• what languages i can code, and to describe the research i done at my MSc   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Memorial Sloan Kettering (New York, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

Applied about a month before I heard anything. Then I contacted an HR recruiter, had a brief phone conversation about my interests. A few days later, I was called in to interview with the recruiter, CRM and CRS and the lead physician on the unit. Took about 2 hours. After you pass interviews, you have to get 5 references to fill out a survey. Very quick turnaround. Very conversational interview. Overall great place from what I hear- super excited! You must stress that you will work for the 2 year commitment.

Interview Questions

• Walk through my resume and How I would handle certain situations? ex: Doctor asking for information on patients, a co worker who constantly made mistakes, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation but there is room for growth.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I interviewed at Memorial Sloan Kettering (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

Phone interview with a recruiter from HR consisted of a few behavioral questions. Was also asked about familiarity with specific data analysis programs. In-person interview with another HR representative then met with 2 two person panels for about 40 mins each back to back where they asked lots of common behavioral questions and inquired about past clinical research experience. This is when I was given more details about the job. The following week I met with 2 principal investigators for about 30 mins each.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that you clashed with a member of a group and how you handled the situation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Memorial Sloan Kettering (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

Spoke with HR over the phone went into the city for an interview. Went over resume and work experiences and then met with several members of the actual research team. Went over some scenarios and why I was interested and how my experiences were in any way related. Received an email a few days later with an offer. Seems like a great place to work but required commuting and a 2 year commitment so I was unable to accept.

Interview Questions

• What sparked your interest in doing clinical research?   Answer Question

Physician Office Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Memorial Sloan Kettering (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

Applied through University, received an email a few days later from recruiter to take assessment test online. Took test and got a phone call a few days later... still waiting

Session Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Memorial Sloan Kettering (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online and got a call 3 days after. I had only the phone interview. The person only asked me questions; what do I know about the company? Have I ever worked with a team? And have I ever go above and beyond for a job/something etc? I got an email the week after stating that they decide to go with someone else but I think it was not fair since it was only 3 questions.

Research Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Memorial Sloan Kettering (New York, NY).

Interview

There were three interviews over the course of 2.5 months due to scheduling issues; a phone screen, in-person interview with 4 staff on the project, and an HR interview. There would have been another interview (I was tied with another candidate) but I withdrew my application.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions: do you know how to conduct a t-test? Do you know how to conduct a literature review? General prompts: Tell me more about yourself. Tell me about how you coordinated meetings/events with multiple people.   Answer Question

PhD Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Memorial Sloan Kettering (New York, NY).

Interview

4 interviews with 4 faculty members. The direction and intensity of the interview is entirely dependent on the interviewer. Know your own science and a bit about theirs. Ask insightful questions. The interviewer will be happy to talk about his research if you show a combination of interest and comprehension of the subject matter. Be humble. There is no way you know more than your interviewer.

Physician Office Assistant Interview

Application

Interview

After the first online assessment, you may be invited to take another online assessment. If you pass the second assessment, someone from HR would call you for a phone interview. The first interview is with someone from HR, then you meet with the department head/s. In my experience, the interview with HR was easy, but the interview with the department head/s was a bit difficult. A lot of questions that require details and relating your past experiences with the responsibilities you'd have if chosen for the position.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to make a difficult decision. How did you come to your decision?   1 Answer
    • Where do you see yourself in a couple of years?   1 Answer