Memorial Sloan-Kettering Interview Questions in New York, NY

2.9

48 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Entertainment Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Memorial Sloan-Kettering in October 2010.

I was hired and interviewed over the phone and had all my presentation and sales materials on the Internet. I have since obtained 24 contracted jobs from Sloan Kettering and they have been wonderful every single time. In fact, when my Dad got diagnosed with Cancer, the lovely lady that hired me helped me connect my Dad with a solid doctor to help him. My experience all around has been fantastic and I'm doing an event with them again the summer of 2015. YAY!

Interview Questions
    • Everything I was asked was relevant to my profession and easy for me to answer. AND it was many many years ago so I don't remember struggling with anything.   View Answer
    I gave them a price and they were happy with it and I have worked with them ever since and have performed 24 contracts to date, oh say I think I've been working with them now for 14 years.

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Memorial Sloan-Kettering in February 2014.

Not the ideal interview experience.

I spoke on the phone with HR immediately after a current employee referred me. I had a brief interview with HR to discuss general details about the position and company. Afterwards, I had to go to a second campus and interview with the program manager. She was lovely and asked me to come in and speak with two more people, including the Dr. Later, I interviewed with the Research Coordinator and was asked a slew of general, behavior type questions from a guide. At my interview with the doctor, I learned she was out of the country. They let me speak with a current research assistant. She was insightful about the position pros and cons and it was honestly a helpful exchange. I set up another interview with the doctor and she mentioned the next step would be meeting more staff.

HR contacted me the next week to say that they were continuing ahead with other candidates, but that he wanted me to interview with different departments. I had two "blitz" interviews, where I met with up to three departments at a time. From one of the blitz interviews, I spoke with the incoming head doctor and followed up with the Clinical Research Coordinator.

A month later, HR sent an email saying the position was filled.

While I did feel HR was genuinely interested in adding me to the company, I felt really pulled around with the many interviews I had. At the end of the day, I had 8 interviews with MSK with varied departments/people, and in different buildings. That's a lot of time, stress, and energy spent to not get offered a position.

Interview Questions
    • During a blitz interview with multiple departments, "why do you want to work with us?"   View Answer

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 months - interviewed at Memorial Sloan-Kettering in February 2013.

I submitted my application through a job recruiter that came to my University. She called me back right away after having met me at the job fair. Then for two months I did not hear back and called numerous times to find out she had quit her job as a recruiter and I had to start my process all over again. Eventually when I did get an interview it was 3-part interview, first over the phone to check my fluency of Spanish. When I passed that I had two more interviews with 4 different people.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you feel that patients would feel comfortable with you?   Answer Question
    The contract is not negotiable.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Memorial Sloan-Kettering in September 2013.

I had two interviewers. Both interviewer were very nice and welcoming. Interview was easy, but definitely be prepared and know the organization well. Interviewer asked a few questions and used the rest of the time to explain various programs and projects I would be working on. Arrive early since the buildings are located in a very busy area of NY.

Medical Secretary Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Memorial Sloan-Kettering in March 2014.

Very difficult interview.. over the phone call, then a interview with human resource assistant then two human resources managers then a interview with two doctors.

Interview Questions
    • so many behavioral questions.. each interview had about 5-15 questions a piece   View Answer

Clinical Research Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Memorial Sloan-Kettering in September 2011.

It takes a frustrating 4-5 months to land a job here. They say its a fresh out of school position but wont consider unless you have a Bachelors or Masters degree in a related field. Most of my peers also were frustrated with this. Employees usually stay here for about 10 months, after the mandatory 6 month probation period and then use up their vacation time and get out. Worst kind of Micro-mgmt from CRCs and Clinical Research Managers, and this is the usual culture and not a specific personality disorder, as the Managers have either been there for too long for obvious reasons or they leave knowing that this is a position no idiot should accept in the first place. There was even a HR survey done a few years ago shown to Research Managers as to why there was a 10 month average timeline of a clinical research staff member to stay here.

No negotiations, period.

Session Assistant I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks - interviewed at Memorial Sloan-Kettering in March 2014.

Mostly situational based questions, how you would react in particular situations. As well as how you deal with stress and remembering situations in which you faced particular problems and how you dealt with it. For example, how would I know you were stressed?, tell me about a time where someone did not treat you the way you expected and how you dealt with that.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had a long-term project and how you dealt with meeting deadlines and you're overall interest during the time of the project.   Answer Question

Research Study Assistant I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Memorial Sloan-Kettering.

Really pleasant overall, very nice and comfortable. You need to be there on time. I recommend getting there 15 minutes early, they want you to show that you are interested in the position and serious about being there. Make sure you can talk about your resume in debt, if you are a recent college or still in college make sure you can talk about all of the jobs you've had (even summer jobs like camp counselors etc.) be sure to know your interests as well. For the HR interview most of the questions are about situations you've been in, like have you ever worked in a team, whats a situation you've been disrespected.
    You will interview with the people who are directly in charge of the service you applied for, make sure you have questions for them, they don't need to be seriously informational but should show that you are interested enough in the position to have done some research. If you have done previous research they will ask about it, make sure you can talk in detail about it, how many data points, protocols, etc.

Interview Questions
    • how many data points did you collect during your research   Answer Question
    salary isn't flexible, but there is over time
    start date is flexible

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Memorial Sloan-Kettering in September 2013.

Pretty slow

Health Law Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Memorial Sloan-Kettering in December 2013.

The first stage was to submit an online application. I then received a call to screen me before the initial interview. I was screen by a talent acquisition manager and that was who my initial interview was with. I went to the human resources building for my first interview. She was very friendly and asked me several questions and also probed about my conflict resolution skills. Upon the completion of that interview, I was given an hour and sent uptown to the general counsels office for the next round. There I met with 2 women in the same room and was asked a wide variety of questions and reactions to scenarios and also the job was explained to me in more detail. After that, I was shown around the office and then met one more man. He asked me several questions and some seemed to contradict the women in terms of what the job description might entail. I showed myself out in the end which seemed odd. All in all it was a very long and tough interview, but the interviewers were very professional and respectful.

Interview Questions
    • No question was specifically difficult but most questions were extremely intricate.   Answer Question

Worked for Memorial Sloan-Kettering? Contribute to the Community!