Memorial Sloan-Kettering Interview Questions in New York, NY

2.9

49 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Research Study Assistant I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Memorial Sloan-Kettering.

Really pleasant overall, very nice and comfortable. You need to be there on time. I recommend getting there 15 minutes early, they want you to show that you are interested in the position and serious about being there. Make sure you can talk about your resume in debt, if you are a recent college or still in college make sure you can talk about all of the jobs you've had (even summer jobs like camp counselors etc.) be sure to know your interests as well. For the HR interview most of the questions are about situations you've been in, like have you ever worked in a team, whats a situation you've been disrespected.
    You will interview with the people who are directly in charge of the service you applied for, make sure you have questions for them, they don't need to be seriously informational but should show that you are interested enough in the position to have done some research. If you have done previous research they will ask about it, make sure you can talk in detail about it, how many data points, protocols, etc.

Interview Questions
    • how many data points did you collect during your research   Answer Question
    salary isn't flexible, but there is over time
    start date is flexible

Session Assistant I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at Memorial Sloan-Kettering in March 2014.

Mostly situational based questions, how you would react in particular situations. As well as how you deal with stress and remembering situations in which you faced particular problems and how you dealt with it. For example, how would I know you were stressed?, tell me about a time where someone did not treat you the way you expected and how you dealt with that.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had a long-term project and how you dealt with meeting deadlines and you're overall interest during the time of the project.   Answer Question

Medical Secretary Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Memorial Sloan-Kettering in March 2014.

Very difficult interview.. over the phone call, then a interview with human resource assistant then two human resources managers then a interview with two doctors.

Interview Questions
    • so many behavioral questions.. each interview had about 5-15 questions a piece   View Answer

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Memorial Sloan-Kettering in February 2014.

Not the ideal interview experience.

I spoke on the phone with HR immediately after a current employee referred me. I had a brief interview with HR to discuss general details about the position and company. Afterwards, I had to go to a second campus and interview with the program manager. She was lovely and asked me to come in and speak with two more people, including the Dr. Later, I interviewed with the Research Coordinator and was asked a slew of general, behavior type questions from a guide. At my interview with the doctor, I learned she was out of the country. They let me speak with a current research assistant. She was insightful about the position pros and cons and it was honestly a helpful exchange. I set up another interview with the doctor and she mentioned the next step would be meeting more staff.

HR contacted me the next week to say that they were continuing ahead with other candidates, but that he wanted me to interview with different departments. I had two "blitz" interviews, where I met with up to three departments at a time. From one of the blitz interviews, I spoke with the incoming head doctor and followed up with the Clinical Research Coordinator.

A month later, HR sent an email saying the position was filled.

While I did feel HR was genuinely interested in adding me to the company, I felt really pulled around with the many interviews I had. At the end of the day, I had 8 interviews with MSK with varied departments/people, and in different buildings. That's a lot of time, stress, and energy spent to not get offered a position.

Interview Questions
    • During a blitz interview with multiple departments, "why do you want to work with us?"   View Answer

Physician Office Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Memorial Sloan-Kettering in February 2014.

I applied through Linkedin and received a phone interview within the next few days. I then was asked to come in for an initial interview. I was told there are three stages to the interview. If you get to human resources, you probably got the job. I had three interviews in one day, which was completely exhausting, when I was told I would be there for one -- I forgot the names of people by the end of the second interview, and was tested on their names in the last interview and I couldn't remember them. Interview questions weren't necessarily challenging. I knew within a short amount of time being there that the position was not paid enough for the commute and responsibilities, although the benefits are good.

Health Law Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Memorial Sloan-Kettering in December 2013.

The first stage was to submit an online application. I then received a call to screen me before the initial interview. I was screen by a talent acquisition manager and that was who my initial interview was with. I went to the human resources building for my first interview. She was very friendly and asked me several questions and also probed about my conflict resolution skills. Upon the completion of that interview, I was given an hour and sent uptown to the general counsels office for the next round. There I met with 2 women in the same room and was asked a wide variety of questions and reactions to scenarios and also the job was explained to me in more detail. After that, I was shown around the office and then met one more man. He asked me several questions and some seemed to contradict the women in terms of what the job description might entail. I showed myself out in the end which seemed odd. All in all it was a very long and tough interview, but the interviewers were very professional and respectful.

Interview Questions
    • No question was specifically difficult but most questions were extremely intricate.   Answer Question

Session Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Memorial Sloan-Kettering.

The hiring process happened very quickly. I was contacted on for an on-phone interview and proceeded in scheduling an on-site interview with HR and several supervisors. The interviews take about 30-45 minutes and I was also given a skills test. The interview process happened in 1 1/2 weeks and by the end of the second week, I was extended an offer.

Senior Research Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Memorial Sloan-Kettering.

After to responding to an ad online about the job, I received an email from the PI offering me an interview. A week later, I had the interview with the PI and met some of the lab members. Two days later, I received a call from HR asking me to come in for an HR interview since the PI was strongly considering me. The HR interview was with a Talent Acquisition Specialist. While there, I had to fill out an application and list my work history, as well as supply a copy of my CV.

The HR interview was fairly standard, no curve ball questions. Mainly why MSKCC, explain why you're leaving your current job, greatest accomplishment, future goals, how do your skills match the position, etc. She also explained the benefits during this time.

About 3 days after the HR interview, I received a call from the specialist and was told that the PI wanted to offer me the job. I gladly accepted and was then informed that I would be hearing from someone else in HR to assist with the Onboarding process. This includes a mandatory urine drug test, background check, physical exam (exam + 2 TB tests), and filling out of tax forms and other HR paperwork. Be aware that an outside agency does the background check; this is not the same as checking references. They simply will confirm that you worked everywhere you list that you have worked the past 7 years and verify your education credentials. They are very thorough! They couldn't confirm one of my past employers over the phone with the company so I had to fax them my W2 proving I had worked there. Be sure to provide as much information as possible for the background check to avoid delays.

Overall, the hiring process took about 3-4 weeks to take care of all pre-employment clearances and paper work. Once you're all set you'll attend new employee orientation for two days, then your first real day of work will be that Wednesday.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me something about yourself that I would otherwise know from looking at your CV.   Answer Question
    No negotiation phase, because of my experience, HR was able to upgrade the position and give me a better salary than I expected. I didn't even have to ask them to do this!

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Memorial Sloan-Kettering in September 2013.

Pretty slow

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Memorial Sloan-Kettering in September 2013.

I had two interviewers. Both interviewer were very nice and welcoming. Interview was easy, but definitely be prepared and know the organization well. Interviewer asked a few questions and used the rest of the time to explain various programs and projects I would be working on. Arrive early since the buildings are located in a very busy area of NY.