Memorial Sloan Kettering Interview Questions in New York, NY

Updated Apr 17, 2015

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Memorial Sloan Kettering (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

All day process. Interview with HR, POA supervisors, and then a specific department. Four hours of interviewing with five people total and different locations. The interview went very well in my eyes. Towards the end I felt as if I was overqualified for the position. Seems like they're looking for entry level employees.

Interview Questions

• What's the best and worst thing about your current job?   1 Answer

RSA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Memorial Sloan Kettering (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

Met with hiring managers and they were warm and inviting. I was interviewed by two people. I prepared for the interview. I did my research on the organization. I reviewed situational and behavioral questions. I was very prepared so the interview was not difficult. I was able to move on to the next step. I met with a surgeon and he spoke about the job and environment. Then he said when can you start. Two days later, references and then 1 week later--I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe a time when you were under stress and you had to meet a priority deadline and the result ended positively.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Memorial Sloan Kettering (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online, which required an online assessment. A few days later a representative from HR called for a short phone interview and scheduled an in-person interview. The interview day began with meeting with an HR representative discussing various behavioral questions. Then I took a shuttle to meet with Administrative Manager and then an Administrative Coordinator. The whole day took a couple of hours.

Physician Office Assistant II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Memorial Sloan Kettering (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online and took a 45 minute assessment, basic IQ test and typing skills. I recieved an email two months later stating that i passed my assessment and was invited for a phone interview. Like most of the reviews on here, phone interview was fairly short and simple just a few questions: what do you know about MSK? why did you apply for this position? what are some of your goals? basic questions. HR recruiter was very nice and friendly and she invited me in for a face to face. Common interview questions: strengths , weaknesses, future goals, why did i pick MSK. She went over the position ,duties, salary and benefits. There is a 2 year commitment so be prepared. There was a position that she wanted me to interview for that started in the upcoming month, but due to my school schedule it wouldn't have been possible. She was kind enough to call another department that had a position open for June, after my graduation date. They were willing to interview me that day, she gave me a map to the shuttle bus and names of the managers i would meet. I met with two Administrative Managers who were both really nice. Be prepared for a long set of questions, behavioral/situation based interview. Just smile, be prepared and keep your answers as detailed as possible. Relate your experience to the the job description, do your homework and research. I got a email the same day asking for references and a background check. HR called 2 business days later and offered me the position.

Interview Questions

• A situation where you had a complex issue, how did you deal with it? Went above and beyond for a patient? A time where you made a mistake ?   Answer Question

Research Study Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Memorial Sloan Kettering (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Didn't hear anything back. Later found out a friend works and had given him my resume to give to the HR. It's been 3 weeks and haven't heard anything back. Overall, he was a really nice guy.

Interview Questions

• The questions were situational based questions. For example, was there a moment when you and your co-worker didn't see eye to eye and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Research Study Assistant I Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Memorial Sloan Kettering (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

First, I had a phone interview with a member of the Talent group. A few days later I was invited to an in-person interview. Upon arrival I spoke to the receptionist who failed to let me know that my interviewer would be late. My first interview was with a member of the Talent group. This interview was very straight forward. I was asked a few behavioral questions but most of the interview was the Talent member explaining the job (benefits, vacations, duties etc.) The Talent Group member was extremely nice! At the end, I was told to wait 30 minutes for my second interview. The second interview was with the Hiring Manager and Dept. Supervisor. This interview was relatively tough. I was asked many behavioral questions. I was asked many times about my future plans in a career/schooling. Pursing graduate school is a thought in every recent graduate's mind. Memorial Sloan Kettering takes pride in their "tuition reimbursement". Since this position's hours are flexible (7am-7pm), I was told you will not be allowed to take courses during the week (unless the course starts after 7pm...) The Hiring Manger made it clear that work always comes before school. Besides behavioral questions, there was time for questions. BE PREPARED!
    Overall, the interview was just average. After the interview and learning more about this job, I realized I did not want to commit two years in this position.

P.S my Hiring manager kept calling the Dept. Supervisor a different name. If I am encouraged to do my research, you should as well! Very unprofessional!

Interview Questions

• Future Plans
      Leadership
      Teamwork
      How would you talk to terminally ill patients

Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Memorial Sloan Kettering (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

Interviewed by phone with HR and then came in to an in person interview. We talked about my previous experience at rival MD Anderson in Houston. After interviewing for about 20 minutes, I was asked if i could interview with the department. I shuttled over to the Upper East Side for the next interview and met with 2 ladies who told me more about the position. The asked if I was busy later in the day and then scheduled my next interview in with the department head. I met with a board of 4 women who all asked very intense questions about my skills and experience. I received an offer, 45 minutes after leaving my last interview!

Research Study Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Memorial Sloan Kettering (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

Applied through career services from my university. Very laid back feel, straightforward questions. I had an initial interview in the fall, and they asked me to contact them later in the year when they had an idea of what positions would be open. Still waiting on that, but an overall pleasant process.

Session Assistant I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Memorial Sloan Kettering (New York, NY) in September 2014.

Interview

I applied through my undergrad career services counselor, online. I heard back from a talent recruiter 2 weeks later asking to interview with me over the phone. I was out of the country at that moment so I didn't meet with him until another 3 weeks after. I met with the recruiter at their HR office on 40th and 3rd which lasted about 30 minutes. Mostly questions about customer service and why I want to work at MSKCC. That same day, I also met with 2 managers who started out as session assistants and were very welcoming. This interview was much longer, about an hour. They ask very detailed questions so be prepared to be as specific as possible. And ask questions. Then I met with the hiring manager which was a shorter meeting. I heard back that I was hired 2 days later. I don't start for another 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you didn't agree with your boss's instructions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations but the starting pay is pretty good considering I'm only 22.

Research Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Memorial Sloan Kettering (New York, NY) in July 2014.

Interview

Two rounds of interviews, 5 people in the first and 7 people in the second with one last interview with the boss. Didn't hear back from the boss for two months and suddenly got an offer and a deadline to accept! It was a hard decision.

Interview Questions

• Tell me anything about you that's work unrelated. Caught me completely off guard!   Answer Question

Negotiation

Asked for more money, HR was difficult to budge and only added a few hundred more to my annual salary.