Memorial Sloan-Kettering

Relevance Date Difficulty

Research Associate Interview

Research Associate
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Memorial Sloan-Kettering in February 2013.

Interview Details – I submitted my application through a job recruiter that came to my University. She called me back right away after having met me at the job fair. Then for two months I did not hear back and called numerous times to find out she had quit her job as a recruiter and I had to start my process all over again. Eventually when I did get an interview it was 3-part interview, first over the phone to check my fluency of Spanish. When I passed that I had two more interviews with 4 different people.

Interview Question – Why do you feel that patients would feel comfortable with you?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The contract is not negotiable.

Intern Interview

Intern
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Memorial Sloan-Kettering in September 2013.

Interview Details – I had two interviewers. Both interviewer were very nice and welcoming. Interview was easy, but definitely be prepared and know the organization well. Interviewer asked a few questions and used the rest of the time to explain various programs and projects I would be working on. Arrive early since the buildings are located in a very busy area of NY.

Interview Question – What is your biggest weakness?   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Medical Secretary Interview

Medical Secretary
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Memorial Sloan-Kettering in March 2014.

Interview Details – Very difficult interview.. over the phone call, then a interview with human resource assistant then two human resources managers then a interview with two doctors.

Interview Question – so many behavioral questions.. each interview had about 5-15 questions a piece   View Answer

Clinical Research Coordinator Interview

Clinical Research Coordinator
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Memorial Sloan-Kettering in September 2011.

Interview Details – It takes a frustrating 4-5 months to land a job here. They say its a fresh out of school position but wont consider unless you have a Bachelors or Masters degree in a related field. Most of my peers also were frustrated with this. Employees usually stay here for about 10 months, after the mandatory 6 month probation period and then use up their vacation time and get out. Worst kind of Micro-mgmt from CRCs and Clinical Research Managers, and this is the usual culture and not a specific personality disorder, as the Managers have either been there for too long for obvious reasons or they leave knowing that this is a position no idiot should accept in the first place. There was even a HR survey done a few years ago shown to Research Managers as to why there was a 10 month average timeline of a clinical research staff member to stay here.

Negotiation Details – No negotiations, period.

Session Assistant I Interview

Session Assistant I
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 8 weeks - interviewed at Memorial Sloan-Kettering in March 2014.

Interview Details – Mostly situational based questions, how you would react in particular situations. As well as how you deal with stress and remembering situations in which you faced particular problems and how you dealt with it. For example, how would I know you were stressed?, tell me about a time where someone did not treat you the way you expected and how you dealt with that.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you had a long-term project and how you dealt with meeting deadlines and you're overall interest during the time of the project.   Answer Question

Research Study Assistant I Interview

Research Study Assistant I
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Memorial Sloan-Kettering.

Interview Details – Really pleasant overall, very nice and comfortable. You need to be there on time. I recommend getting there 15 minutes early, they want you to show that you are interested in the position and serious about being there. Make sure you can talk about your resume in debt, if you are a recent college or still in college make sure you can talk about all of the jobs you've had (even summer jobs like camp counselors etc.) be sure to know your interests as well. For the HR interview most of the questions are about situations you've been in, like have you ever worked in a team, whats a situation you've been disrespected.
You will interview with the people who are directly in charge of the service you applied for, make sure you have questions for them, they don't need to be seriously informational but should show that you are interested enough in the position to have done some research. If you have done previous research they will ask about it, make sure you can talk in detail about it, how many data points, protocols, etc.

Interview Question – how many data points did you collect during your research   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – salary isn't flexible, but there is over time
start date is flexible

Intern Interview

Intern
New York, NY

I applied in-person and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Memorial Sloan-Kettering in September 2013.

Interview Details – Pretty slow

Interview Question – speicific questions about on-going research   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Health Law Paralegal Interview

Health Law Paralegal
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Memorial Sloan-Kettering in December 2013.

Interview Details – The first stage was to submit an online application. I then received a call to screen me before the initial interview. I was screen by a talent acquisition manager and that was who my initial interview was with. I went to the human resources building for my first interview. She was very friendly and asked me several questions and also probed about my conflict resolution skills. Upon the completion of that interview, I was given an hour and sent uptown to the general counsels office for the next round. There I met with 2 women in the same room and was asked a wide variety of questions and reactions to scenarios and also the job was explained to me in more detail. After that, I was shown around the office and then met one more man. He asked me several questions and some seemed to contradict the women in terms of what the job description might entail. I showed myself out in the end which seemed odd. All in all it was a very long and tough interview, but the interviewers were very professional and respectful.

Interview Question – No question was specifically difficult but most questions were extremely intricate.   Answer Question

Session Assistant Interview

Session Assistant
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Memorial Sloan-Kettering.

Interview Details – The hiring process happened very quickly. I was contacted on for an on-phone interview and proceeded in scheduling an on-site interview with HR and several supervisors. The interviews take about 30-45 minutes and I was also given a skills test. The interview process happened in 1 1/2 weeks and by the end of the second week, I was extended an offer.

Interview Question – What is one of your greatest weaknesses?   Answer Question

Senior Research Technician Interview

Senior Research Technician
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Memorial Sloan-Kettering.

Interview Details – After to responding to an ad online about the job, I received an email from the PI offering me an interview. A week later, I had the interview with the PI and met some of the lab members. Two days later, I received a call from HR asking me to come in for an HR interview since the PI was strongly considering me. The HR interview was with a Talent Acquisition Specialist. While there, I had to fill out an application and list my work history, as well as supply a copy of my CV.

The HR interview was fairly standard, no curve ball questions. Mainly why MSKCC, explain why you're leaving your current job, greatest accomplishment, future goals, how do your skills match the position, etc. She also explained the benefits during this time.

About 3 days after the HR interview, I received a call from the specialist and was told that the PI wanted to offer me the job. I gladly accepted and was then informed that I would be hearing from someone else in HR to assist with the Onboarding process. This includes a mandatory urine drug test, background check, physical exam (exam + 2 TB tests), and filling out of tax forms and other HR paperwork. Be aware that an outside agency does the background check; this is not the same as checking references. They simply will confirm that you worked everywhere you list that you have worked the past 7 years and verify your education credentials. They are very thorough! They couldn't confirm one of my past employers over the phone with the company so I had to fax them my W2 proving I had worked there. Be sure to provide as much information as possible for the background check to avoid delays.

Overall, the hiring process took about 3-4 weeks to take care of all pre-employment clearances and paper work. Once you're all set you'll attend new employee orientation for two days, then your first real day of work will be that Wednesday.

Interview Question – Tell me something about yourself that I would otherwise know from looking at your CV.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation phase, because of my experience, HR was able to upgrade the position and give me a better salary than I expected. I didn't even have to ask them to do this!

Worked for Memorial Sloan-Kettering? Contribute to the Community!