Memorial Sloan-Kettering

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Registered Nurse

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Memorial Sloan-Kettering in May 2014.

Interview Details – I received a call from a nurse recruiter asking very basic questions. Then went in to interview first with the nurse recruiter. Next I interviewed with the Nurse Manager of the unit. Then was invited back to do an "observational interview" where I spent two hours on the unit and met briefly with the manager afterwards. I was told I would receive a call the next week about their decision. I never received a call, called and left a message with the nurse recruiter & manager, no one called back. I finally learned the position was filled by talking to someone in HR who looked it up in the computer. Very unprofessional way of handling not being offered the position, especially since I was traveling each time from out of state.

Interview Question – If I asked your current manager your biggest weakness what would she say.   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through other source and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Memorial Sloan-Kettering in September 2010.

Interview Details – I was interviewed by a nurse manager and several nurses specialists. They asked me about my past experiences, why nursing and why MSKCC. Then several questions about problem solving: co-workers, patients, etc. Also several specific questions about nursing. They were very knowledgeable, but also very friendly.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – entry-level nurse. no negotiation.

Registered Nurse

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Memorial Sloan-Kettering in September 2011.

Interview Details – After receiving my resume from an employee a recruiter called me and asked a few basic questions. He was very friendly. He asked if I could come in for a 1:1 interview the following week.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you were really stressed. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None. New grad

Worked for Memorial Sloan-Kettering? Contribute to the Community!