Memorial Sloan Kettering Registered Nurse Interview Questions

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Memorial Sloan Kettering in May 2014.

Interview

I received a call from a nurse recruiter asking very basic questions. Then went in to interview first with the nurse recruiter. Next I interviewed with the Nurse Manager of the unit. Then was invited back to do an "observational interview" where I spent two hours on the unit and met briefly with the manager afterwards. I was told I would receive a call the next week about their decision. I never received a call, called and left a message with the nurse recruiter & manager, no one called back. I finally learned the position was filled by talking to someone in HR who looked it up in the computer. Very unprofessional way of handling not being offered the position, especially since I was traveling each time from out of state.

Interview Questions

• If I asked your current manager your biggest weakness what would she say.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Memorial Sloan Kettering

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Memorial Sloan Kettering (New York, NY) in September 2010.

Interview

I was interviewed by a nurse manager and several nurses specialists. They asked me about my past experiences, why nursing and why MSKCC. Then several questions about problem solving: co-workers, patients, etc. Also several specific questions about nursing. They were very knowledgeable, but also very friendly.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

entry-level nurse. no negotiation.

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Memorial Sloan Kettering in September 2011.

Interview

After receiving my resume from an employee a recruiter called me and asked a few basic questions. He was very friendly. He asked if I could come in for a 1:1 interview the following week.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were really stressed. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

None. New grad