Memorial Sloan-Kettering Research Assistant Interview Questions & Reviews

5 interviews

2.5

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Memorial Sloan-Kettering in February 2014.

Not the ideal interview experience.

I spoke on the phone with HR immediately after a current employee referred me. I had a brief interview with HR to discuss general details about the position and company. Afterwards, I had to go to a second campus and interview with the program manager. She was lovely and asked me to come in and speak with two more people, including the Dr. Later, I interviewed with the Research Coordinator and was asked a slew of general, behavior type questions from a guide. At my interview with the doctor, I learned she was out of the country. They let me speak with a current research assistant. She was insightful about the position pros and cons and it was honestly a helpful exchange. I set up another interview with the doctor and she mentioned the next step would be meeting more staff.

HR contacted me the next week to say that they were continuing ahead with other candidates, but that he wanted me to interview with different departments. I had two "blitz" interviews, where I met with up to three departments at a time. From one of the blitz interviews, I spoke with the incoming head doctor and followed up with the Clinical Research Coordinator.

A month later, HR sent an email saying the position was filled.

While I did feel HR was genuinely interested in adding me to the company, I felt really pulled around with the many interviews I had. At the end of the day, I had 8 interviews with MSK with varied departments/people, and in different buildings. That's a lot of time, stress, and energy spent to not get offered a position.

Interview Questions
  • During a blitz interview with multiple departments, "why do you want to work with us?"   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Memorial Sloan-Kettering

Research Assistant Interview

Asked for my resume. Seemed impressed with my GPA, but were full for the summer.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

The process took a day - interviewed at Memorial Sloan-Kettering in March 2012.

Just asked one or two really basic questions. Was with a recruiter and only took a few minutes. Just be prepared.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Memorial Sloan-Kettering in January 2010.

I received a phone call from a HR person about my resume which I had submitted almost 3 months earlier. I was asked a few simple questions about my academic experience and career goals and why I was interested in working there. Then I was asked to come in to an interview in person at the HR department. Again, simple questions about my college experience and career goals. The HR person then said they would see if any research managers had needs that fit my interests. Overall the interview was easy, though very vague as I wasn't actually speaking with a person I would be working with.

Interview Questions
    • Why did you chose to go to your college? Why did you chose your major?   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Memorial Sloan-Kettering.

I got an initial phone interview and was able to talk to the research manager for about an hour. Questions included my college experience, language skills, analysis skills. Then I was asked to wait for HR to have the an on-site interview.

Interview Questions

Worked for Memorial Sloan-Kettering? Contribute to the Community!