Memorial Sloan-Kettering

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Research Technician

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Memorial Sloan-Kettering in February 2014.

Interview Details – Sent in my application and then about 4 weeks later was contacted by one of the current lab technicians. We then set up a time and day for interview quick and easy. The interview processes was very good- I was questioned by 4 lab members and the PI. Things went well but no offer in the end.

Interview Question – What do you see yourself doing in 5 years?   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Memorial Sloan-Kettering in June 2010.

Interview Details – The process was relatively pain-free. We started by establishing expectations (like all we'll be working on and the type of credit/satisfaction we'll receive). We discussed work ethics and team compatibility and arrived to a offer a few hours after the interview. It took a while to go through HR but nonetheless a painless process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Negotiation is difficult with a NPO. However, the work hours are flexible - as long as you get the work done.

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Memorial Sloan-Kettering in April 2012.

Interview Details – I had a phone interview with the HR and she asked pretty easy questions like: What do you want to do after 5 years? Why have you applied to MSKCC? After that I had a video interview with her as well and she explained me about the working hours and the salary.(which was low as per my expectations) Later, I had an interview with the PI of the lab which was not even close to a typical interview. He explained me what kind of work I will be doing and what research they carry out. He just asked me only one or two questions regarding my future goals and if I would like to go ahead with the job. He made me meet his lab members who were all very warm and friendly. I felt I had almost got the job but in vain! They got someone more experienced than me, that is what the HR said. But later she said she will get back to me for any more job openings in any labs.

Interview Questions

Research Technician

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Memorial Sloan-Kettering in August 2010.

Interview Details – It is quite stressful but the interviewee is friendly.

Interview Question – What was your research about? How could you benefit our current research?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Memorial Sloan-Kettering

Worked for Memorial Sloan-Kettering? Contribute to the Community!

Memorial Sloan-Kettering Videos

Memorial Sloan-Kettering – Why Work for Us?

Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center (MSKCC) is the world's oldest and largest private institution devoted to the prevention, treatment, and cure of cancer. Founded in 1884, Memorial Sloan-Kettering has long been a… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Memorial Sloan-Kettering Research Technician interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by Memorial Sloan-Kettering employees and interview candidates.