Memorial Sloan-Kettering Research Technician Interview Questions

Updated Oct 24, 2014

2.7

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Research Technician Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Memorial Sloan-Kettering in July 2014.

I was not hired, I was referred to by my old professor, and was called about a month later. The people were friendly, including the doctor that interviewed me. After about a half hour with him, he gave me a tour of the lab and then led me to a second interviewer.

Other Interview Reviews for Memorial Sloan-Kettering

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Memorial Sloan-Kettering in July 2014.

Two rounds of interviews, 5 people in the first and 7 people in the second with one last interview with the boss. Didn't hear back from the boss for two months and suddenly got an offer and a deadline to accept! It was a hard decision.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me anything about you that's work unrelated. Caught me completely off guard!   Answer Question
    Asked for more money, HR was difficult to budge and only added a few hundred more to my annual salary.

Research Technician Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Memorial Sloan-Kettering in February 2014.

Sent in my application and then about 4 weeks later was contacted by one of the current lab technicians. We then set up a time and day for interview quick and easy. The interview processes was very good- I was questioned by 4 lab members and the PI. Things went well but no offer in the end.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Memorial Sloan-Kettering in April 2012.

I had a phone interview with the HR and she asked pretty easy questions like: What do you want to do after 5 years? Why have you applied to MSKCC? After that I had a video interview with her as well and she explained me about the working hours and the salary.(which was low as per my expectations) Later, I had an interview with the PI of the lab which was not even close to a typical interview. He explained me what kind of work I will be doing and what research they carry out. He just asked me only one or two questions regarding my future goals and if I would like to go ahead with the job. He made me meet his lab members who were all very warm and friendly. I felt I had almost got the job but in vain! They got someone more experienced than me, that is what the HR said. But later she said she will get back to me for any more job openings in any labs.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Memorial Sloan-Kettering in June 2010.

The process was relatively pain-free. We started by establishing expectations (like all we'll be working on and the type of credit/satisfaction we'll receive). We discussed work ethics and team compatibility and arrived to a offer a few hours after the interview. It took a while to go through HR but nonetheless a painless process.

Interview Questions
    Negotiation is difficult with a NPO. However, the work hours are flexible - as long as you get the work done.

Research Technician Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Memorial Sloan-Kettering in August 2010.

It is quite stressful but the interviewee is friendly.

Interview Questions
    • What was your research about? How could you benefit our current research?   Answer Question