Memorial Sloan-Kettering Session Assistant Interview Questions

2.9

16 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Session Assistant Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Memorial Sloan-Kettering.

Was referred for the position by a current employee. The next day I received a 5 - 10 minute phone call from the recruiter. He asked about why I chose healthcare, why did I want to work for MSKCC, college major, etc. Scheduled an face to face interview with the recruiter, he asked basic Behavioral questions (they want you to be very specific), the interview was very laid back and comfortable.

I was scheduled for an interview the next day with two hiring managers at the main hospital. The interview was about 40 minutes, they also asked behavioral and situation questions, but they were very in depth. I'd suggest you prepare about 5 or 6 stories that you can immediately and fluently talk about on the spot.

After that interview I was told to wait in a waiting room to see if I made it to the next and final interview with another hiring manager. This interview was very short (15-20 mins), she asked an additional 5 or 6 questions, some behavioral and some about past experiences. Overall the interview process was great; don't get nervous and practice, practive, practice!

Interview Questions
  • What is a personality trait of yours that others might misinterpret?   Answer Question
No negotiation.

Other Interview Reviews for Memorial Sloan-Kettering

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Memorial Sloan-Kettering.

The hiring process happened very quickly. I was contacted on for an on-phone interview and proceeded in scheduling an on-site interview with HR and several supervisors. The interviews take about 30-45 minutes and I was also given a skills test. The interview process happened in 1 1/2 weeks and by the end of the second week, I was extended an offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 months - interviewed at Memorial Sloan-Kettering in April 2013.

If they like you, they will invite you for an initial interview. After the initial interview, if you get past that round, they will most likely send you an Assessment Test, which asks you personality questions as well as assess your typing speed. If you pass the test, they will invite you for an in-person interview in New York.

Session Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Memorial Sloan-Kettering in April 2013.

I applied online and received a call from HR the day after which lasted about 5 minutes. Individual asked questions about how I heard about MSKCC and why I would like to work there. Set up an interview with a Talent Specialist (HR) for the week after. The day of, I took a one hour test that just tested computer and logic abilities, with personality questions. Spoke to Talent Specialist for ten minutes and was given another interview for the week after. The second interview, I met with two Supervisors for an hour and then a Manager for about an hour as well. Interview with Supervisors consisted of behavioral and scenario questions. Was asked for references then offered the job the next day.

Interview Questions
    • Give me a time you had an idea that everyone was against, and how you proceeded with it.
      An example of a time you had to make a quick decision.
        Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Memorial Sloan-Kettering in October 2011.

I submitted my resume online in September, and was contacted via phone by one of their Talent Specialists about 3 weeks later. The phone interview took just a few minutes. He scheduled an in-person interview with me later that week. There were two entry-level positions for which he was recruiting: Session Assistant and Physician's Assistant. I had to take a test beforehand which took about 50 minutes. It consisted of word problems and simple math questions, and then there was a personality test. The word problems/math questions were pretty easy, I think you only have to get 30% correct (there were more questions than you are expected to answer) to pass (and it was assessed on a pass/fail basis).

I was pretty disappointed by the overall process. I came in at 8am for for the testing, but didn't get to speak with the interview until 9:50am or so, and the interview took all of 15 minutes. He didn't seem very interested in speaking with me, and only asked me a few questions. He asked me again why I was interested in healthcare, and then asked me (1) for one example where I displayed extraordinary customer service, and (2) one example where I participated in a group activity.

Interview Questions
    • Give one example of when you have showed exceptional customer service   Answer Question
    • Give one example of when you have worked in a group.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Memorial Sloan-Kettering in September 2011.

They are very serious about being prompt for the interview so always get there on time. I got there at 9:03 for a 9AM interview (the Potus) was in town and I got stuck in traffic. As soon as I arrived the young lady at the front desk wrote down the time I arrived and circled it. The interviewer was very nice and the questions were basic, i.e. tell me about yourself, what made you decide to get into health care? He looked over my resume and said he felt I would be a better fit for another position (however there were no openings). Before I left I told him I was interested in the session assistant position but he kept pushing me towards an administrative position which would have been fine if one was available. I was told a recruiter would call me about the admin position...that was a week ago I have heard nothing since. I was very upset.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Memorial Sloan-Kettering in June 2011.

Two interviews one with HR and the other with two former Session Assistants. The second interview tests your ability to perform the job and how well you handle stress. There were about 15 to 20 questions in this interview that takes around 1.5 to 2 hours. Since this job interacts with patients on a daily basis some of the questions are difficult and are meant to be a challenge.

Interview Questions
    • How do you feel about interacting with patients (often critically ill) on a daily basis?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Memorial Sloan-Kettering in October 2010.

I filled out paper application upon arrival - waited for about twenty minutes or so and then saw the interviewer. Interviewer was very easy to talk to. Asked general questions about school and past experiences how you went about picking your major, how you dealt with obstacles in the past, how you show leadership, dealing with patients, what do you consider a good quality about yourself, etc

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Memorial Sloan-Kettering in September 2010.

Posted resume online, recruited contacted me the next week. Phone interview a couple days later, and another two days later. The interviewers were very nice and made the process pleasant. Offered me to fly to amazon, but then realized I did not have enough professional experience for the position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Memorial Sloan-Kettering in August 2010.

I interviewed with this guy name Chris, horrible experience he did not like me at all. I applied again for the job hoping i would get someone else the recuriter on the phone told me i would interview with chris again. I wasn't thriled about that. but i went with a positive mind and he told me "i wasted my time by coming there"

Interview Questions

Worked for Memorial Sloan-Kettering? Contribute to the Community!