Memphis City Schools Classroom Teacher Interview Questions

2.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at Memphis City Schools

Classroom Teacher Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Memphis City Schools.

Interview

The hiring and interview process was simple. The principal was interested in recruiting cult members--people who would "fall in line" and make sure to take orders without question. 25 out of 30 minutes of my interview was listening to the principal brag about putting previous teachers in their places. I answered two questions.

Interview Questions

• What is the lowest proficiency rate that you would accept to consider yourself a successful teacher?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Memphis City Schools

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 12+ monthsinterviewed at Memphis City Schools (Memphis, TN).

Interview

I was hired because I knew someone.

Negotiation

None

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Memphis City Schools (Memphis, TN).

Interview

The first interview was a thoroughly professional in June 2005. The interviewer probed my understanding and knowledge of teaching methods and techniques. Although my application included submitting and explaining my philosophy of education, I was called upon to explain it to the interviewer. I considered that to be very professional.

Interview Questions

• After I was offered a contract a week later. I was directed to attend a MCS job fair with principals who were looking to fill vacant positions. The most difficult question was: What do you consider to be your greatest weakness as a teacher, and how are you working to improve in that area?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was awarded a standard teaching contract based on education and experience. Once I completed my Master's Degree in August 2005, my pay was adjusted commensurate with my education and each year with my additional experience.