Memphis

Relevance Date Difficulty

Area Manager Interview

Area Manager
Memphis, TN

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Memphis in May 2010.

Interview Details – Submit online application and resume. Best to contact or know someone at the company to hand carry your resume. Phone screening followed by 1 to 3 interviews with upper management panel or one on one with General Manager

Interview Question – Unexpected: How do you define success   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They are open to negotiation

Very Difficult Interview

Firefighter Interview

Firefighter
Memphis, TN

I applied in-person and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Memphis.

Interview Details – an application can be obtained at City Hall, 125 N. Main, Memphis, TN 38103, If your application is accepted you will still have several months of paper work & testing. This will be in a series or multileveled process, which will include but not limited to strictly following instructions, written tests, medical testing, physical testing & endurance.

Interview Question – How will you react & will it upset you when politically connected coworkers are preferably promoted, due to government quota, when they are not qualified to do the job they are given?   View Answer

Police Officer Interview

Police Officer
Memphis, TN

I applied in-person - interviewed at Memphis in June 2008.

Interview Details – four to six month process, might take two or three trys to get hired
expect physical agility test, extensive background check, psychological test (s), intelligence exam and several others

Interview Question – ad lib for a video question   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none

Aflac Insurance Agent Interview

Aflac Insurance Agent
Memphis, TN

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Memphis in August 2011.

Interview Details – Used a power point for ease of visual understanding. Regional manager was very charasmatic and intrested in golf. Also great view! Extremly informative.

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – It was commision only. I have too much at stake to be working hours without promise. I want people to buy from me I do not want to sell things to people.

Environmental Technician Interview

Environmental Technician
Memphis, TN

I applied online and the process took 5 months - interviewed at Memphis in November 2009.

Interview Details – Applied on-line for position advertised on city's website in October 2009. Interviewed in November 2009. Constantly strung along by the human resources department, which apparently makes the final recommendation to the person in charge of the department. Informed that there were five final candidates for the position. Not informed of hiring decision until March 2010.

Interview Question – A series of arcane technical questions asked by a panel of three people.   Answer Question

Worked for Memphis? Contribute to the Community!