Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Memphis
- Police Officer (1)
- Area Manager (1)
- Firefighter (1)
- Environmental Technician (1)
- Aflac Insurance Agent (1)
- Signal Technician (1)
- No OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult InterviewNo OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied in-person. The process took 6+ months – interviewed at Memphis (Memphis, TN).
an application can be obtained at City Hall, 125 N. Main, Memphis, TN 38103, If your application is accepted you will still have several months of paper work & testing. This will be in a series or multileveled process, which will include but not limited to strictly following instructions, written tests, medical testing, physical testing & endurance.
- How will you react & will it upset you when politically connected coworkers are preferably promoted, due to government quota, when they are not qualified to do the job they are given? 1 Answer
- Declined OfferPositive ExperienceEasy InterviewDeclined OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through other source. The process took a day – interviewed at Memphis (Memphis, TN) in August 2011.
Used a power point for ease of visual understanding. Regional manager was very charasmatic and intrested in golf. Also great view! Extremly informative.
Reasons for Declining
It was commision only. I have too much at stake to be working hours without promise. I want people to buy from me I do not want to sell things to people.
- Accepted OfferAverage InterviewAccepted OfferAverage Interview
I applied online – interviewed at Memphis in September 2010.
Submitted application got an interview. Standard questions were asked. A tour of the work environment was given. Met some of the future co workers. Submitted application got an interview. Standard questions were asked. A tour of the work environment was given. Met some of the future co workers.
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years 1 Answer
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks – interviewed at Memphis (Memphis, TN) in May 2010.
Submit online application and resume. Best to contact or know someone at the company to hand carry your resume. Phone screening followed by 1 to 3 interviews with upper management panel or one on one with General Manager
- Unexpected: How do you define success 1 Answer
They are open to negotiation
Helpful (1)No OfferNegative ExperienceDifficult InterviewNo OfferNegative ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied online. The process took 5+ months – interviewed at Memphis (Memphis, TN) in November 2009.
Applied on-line for position advertised on city's website in October 2009. Interviewed in November 2009. Constantly strung along by the human resources department, which apparently makes the final recommendation to the person in charge of the department. Informed that there were five final candidates for the position. Not informed of hiring decision until March 2010.
- A series of arcane technical questions asked by a panel of three people. Answer Question
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied in-person – interviewed at Memphis (Memphis, TN) in June 2008.
four to six month process, might take two or three trys to get hired
expect physical agility test, extensive background check, psychological test (s), intelligence exam and several others
- ad lib for a video question Answer Question
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review