Men's Wearhouse

Relevance Date Difficulty

Customer Service Associate Interview

Customer Service Associate
Des Peres, MO

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Men's Wearhouse in January 2014.

Interview Details – Sent an application in and got a call from the manager 3 or 4 days later wanting to interview me. Interview lasted 5 minutes, no joke, I was hired on the spot.

Interview Question – Where are you from? Do you have any experience? Are you currently attending school? Tell me about yourself   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Sales

Interviewed at Men's Wearhouse

Interview Details – it was online and then interview. back ground check was done to get the job. i was pre-screened before i got an interview date. I was called back to meet the store manager

Customer Service Associate Interview

Customer Service Associate
Morgan Hill, CA

I applied online and interviewed at Men's Wearhouse.

Interview Details – casual interview and meeting of the employees. we set around a table in the room and they had me lay out a few suits with what shirts & ties would go with what, i was supposed to include socks and shoes to try and prepare the full package of what a sales job would be.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Assistant Store Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Men's Wearhouse in October 2012.

Interview Details – Easy interview for me - I was recruited to work for the company so it was more them telling me about the job. However, I conducted a lot of interviews for the company. It is personality based. If you can make small talk and be confident, you have a job. It is harder for wardrobe consultants than CSAs.

Wardrobes: you must be able to sell. Don't be surprised if you are asked to sell something on the spot. Give it your best effort. MW provides excellent sales training so just prove that you are a people person.

CSAs: it's all about personality. If you love weddings, this is a great job/interview technique.

Interview Question – Sell me this pen.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – CSAs and management can negotiate pay. Wardrobe consultants get the same base pay no matter what.

Wardrobe Consultant Interview

Wardrobe Consultant
Detroit, MI

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Men's Wearhouse in May 2011.

Interview Details – Phone interview with Recruiter, Region Manager or Store Manager. Face to face interview with Store Manager followed by face to face with Regional Manager. Unstructured interview surrounding your sales experience, information is given to you about the company culture and pay package. Pay varies from area to area and is, of course performance based, like all sales jobs. Whatever they tell you can be earned is generally undershooting what you will actually make if you are even average.

Interview Question – Again, unstructured, so it's hard to tell what they will ask you.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There will be no negotiation of pay for Wardrobe consultant. Every wardrobe gets the same base and same commission scale. It's easy to make money if you are confident and understand the complex selling process.

Sales Consultant Interview

Sales Consultant
Douglasville, GA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Men's Wearhouse.

Interview Details – Applied online . received a call from the hr manager the next day scheduled interview for the following day. did not hear back after interview called a week later to check on status .

Interview Question – basic questions. why do you want to work here? any relevant experience   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate (CSA)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Men's Wearhouse.

Interview Details – I applied online for their CSA position. The manager called a week later to schedule an interview. I went in for the interview a couple days later. By the end of the week, I was offered the job.

Interview Question – You have to pick out a shirt/tie combination for two events for a specific suit and describe it to the manager as if you were trying to sell it to him.   Answer Question

Carmel, IN

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Men's Wearhouse in May 2013.

Interview Details – Depending on your region you will interview with the regional manager first. They will ask you general questions like how you will improve the team or what will you bring to the table. Next, you will meet with the store manager (next day) and they will ask you some of the same questions and maybe some personal ones just to understand your life outside of work and your hobbies.

Interview Question – Depending on the regional, they will ask you why you should do business with the company or will ask you to sell something in the room (and no, it's not the pen selling question) you pick something to sell and explain why it is a good buy. FYI, don't use fillers when you interview (um, uh,). This is a professional environment.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It was one-sided. I was told what my rate was and then showed up for training two days later.

Seattle, WA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Men's Wearhouse in August 2010.

Interview Details – Complete Online Application First!
Dress in business formal attire!! and take your app, resume, etc Into the Store
introduce yourself to management during slow time
Regional are only one with real hiring ability!
Most don't follow a company required script, or HR screen
Don't call and bug just stop by

Interview Question – In all interviews it is asked if you have heard of Men's Wearhouse before. How you know of the company, what you know about the company. Also they ask if your detailed, organized, able to multi task etc   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiations

Customer Service Associate (CSA)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Men's Wearhouse.

Interview Details – Make sure you know your stuff. I have seen this time and again that where an applicant comes in without doing the research on the company. Usually, if you show great interest and you have flexible hours then you should be fine in getting the job.

Interview Question – The interview process has changed since my interview-I can only say make sure you know enough about the company and be driven to work hard (ACTIONS speaks louder than words).   Answer Question

Worked for Men's Wearhouse? Contribute to the Community!