Men's Wearhouse

Updated Jan 3, 2015
Updated Jan 3, 2015

2.0

Customer Service Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Men's Wearhouse.

I was referred by an employee. Received a call in one week. Sat in the interview for 10 minutes the most. Simple questions. Easy interview. Employees were warmhearted from the beginning. Great experience

Customer Service Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Men's Wearhouse.

Initially submitted my application online. After a week, I called the store and arranged a meeting with the store manager. They said that they liked that I took the initiative, so that's recommended. They had me do an interview on the spot (without preparation, I wasn't even in the appropriate dress). It was a fairly short process. After the interview, the store manager said that I should come in in a few days to meet the assistant manager and the operations manager (in the appropriate dress that time). After that interview, I was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time where you had to settle a dispute between to people.   View Answer

Customer Service Associate (CSA) Interview

I had two....well actually three interviews. I applied and got called for an interview in about a week. I had an interview with two different managers one after the other. Then another week goes by and i get called for a second interview. They asked basic questions like why do you want to work here, how can you benefit our conpany, basically the same thing all three times. It was easy and relaxed.

Interview Questions
    • Name examples from other jobs you've held that could be similar to the position you are applying for.   Answer Question

Wardrobe Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Men's Wearhouse.

I walked in to ask about openings and was told to apply online. Got a phone call from regional manager soon afterwards to arranged a face to face meeting. Interviewed with regional manager, then store manager. Interviews were both conversational, short, and low pressure. Several days later, I received a phone call from the store manager informing me that I was hired and would start in 10 days (they had already asked for my availability).

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too hard here. They ask why you're interested in the position, if you have any sales experience (I didn't), if you have ambitions to move up in the company (I said maybe). They pretty much took my fashion sense for granted, aside from my interview attire.   Answer Question
    No negotiation

MIT Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Men's Wearhouse in December 2014.

Very confusing. Was contacted by Monster who handed me off to the Men's Wearhouse recruiter who said I would be getting a call from the Regional Manager for an immediate opening for Store Manager. Instead was contacted by the Store Manager of the location I was applying for for an MIT position.

Wardrobe Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Men's Wearhouse in November 2014.

After applying online I received an email 3 weeks later informing me to reply if still interested, and if no response came after 2 weeks I would forfeit the opportunity. I emailed back immediately, but no response. I went into my local store after a week and talked to the store manager, who got me in immediate contact with the Regional Manager, and an interview the next day. When I went into the store to interview, I got the chance to talk to some of the employees about how they enjoy their work environment. When the Regional Manager arrived, it was very laid back and did not feel like a true interview. Actually, he handed my resume back to me, saying he wouldn't need it. We talked, and I was told to go to other stores and observe and talk to other employees, before deciding if this was a company I wanted to work for. They have many employees who have been with them 10+ years, and I wanted to know why. It seems they take very good care of their employees and people just want to stick with the business.

The second interview was a tad more formal, where he asked me more specifics on my selling capabilities, more of the how do you sell, what is selling, how do you upsell, etc. We then went back to the store and he showed me examples of compensations and offered me employment, or gave me the option to take time to think about it.

No negotiation

Customer Service Associate (CSA) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Men's Wearhouse in November 2014.

I applied online and was called within 10 days for an interview. I arrived at the location early, and the doors were locked; at 9:30 the doors promptly opened, and I entered and asked for the manager. I commented on how clean the showroom was, and I was interviewed for about 20 minutes.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Men's Wearhouse.

The hiring process consisted of two parts which in my opinion were fairly easy. The first part is more objective, with standard questions such as "How many hours are you available?" or "What kind of skills do you offer and how can we help you achieve your goals?" The second part consisted of "stacking", a process where the interviewer asked to choose a combination of sets of shirts, ties, belts, suits, and cufflinks for two sets of suits, and was definitely a little more subjective.

Interview Questions
    The negotiation was clear, as the interviewer explained and justified the payment amount logically.

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Men's Wearhouse in September 2014.

Interview process was very ad hoc and not conducted in the professional manner customary for a $1+ Billion company. As a candidate, I was not kept informed of the status of the search and messages/phone calls were not returned.

Interview Questions
    • Why would you want to come work for a smaller company?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

it was online and then interview. back ground check was done to get the job. i was pre-screened before i got an interview date. I was called back to meet the store manager