Men's Wearhouse

47 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Tailor Interview

Interviewed at Men's Wearhouse

Interview Details – The tailor interview included an overview of the company and a timed skills test.

Interview Question – There was no difficult or unexpected question.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I entered at entry level and was pleased with the initial offer. There was a concession on their part to starting date because I was coming from another employer and had to give notice.

Manager Interview

Interviewed at Men's Wearhouse

Interview Details – The interviewing process is very long and they are not quick to get back to you.

Store Manager Interview

Bridgewater, NJ

I applied through other source and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Men's Wearhouse in November 2011.

Interview Details – They try to promote from within. I was promoted from a part time associate to Operations manager in 2 months and then again to store manager the next year.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Non negotiable but ver fair offer

Manager In Training Interview

Saginaw, MI

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Men's Wearhouse in March 2014.

Interview Details – I received a phone call from a recruiter upon submitting my resume. She went over my background, and decided I qualified more as a wardrobe consultant and said the regional manager would call me. Well, 2 days later, the store manager called requesting an interview.

Interview Question – The interview is the biggest joke ever!! I arrived early, yet interviewed late. He was unprofessional, chewing gum and asking questions as he was walking with me from one end of the store to the other. Well, finally sat down, and assumed the interview started, I was wrong. He must have spent the next 45 minutes telling me how he went through the yellow pages looking for a job and how he started as a part time guy with Men's Wearhouse. Nice red flag went up there!!! I decided that since this is turning into a joke, and I haven't been asked a single question yet, I popped open a piece of gum right there and started chewing it in front of him. I kept thinking, why am I still interviewing? An hour passes, and he decides to conclude the interview by saying, "I just have a few more people to interview. The district manager is in Chicago, but I'll tell him about you." Second red flag!! Doesn't even make eye contact. I wish I had one legitimate question to post, but I'm afraid working here gives me a bad taste in my mouth.   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate (CSA) Interview

Customer Service Associate (CSA)
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Men's Wearhouse in April 2013.

Interview Details – 3 interviews including being made to sit and wait for over 2 hours to be just sent home. Besides that the process was very simple.

Interview Question – Do you have a problem working for a female manager?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none, the pay was higher than my asking price.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Assistant Store Manager
Harrisburg, PA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Men's Wearhouse in March 2013.

Interview Details – When applying be sure to do your research and apply for the position you want, regardless if they say it's available or not. I started as a p/t CSA and had to fight to work my way to Assistant Store Manager. They can pay you very well, but they will always try to give you the lowest offer they can first time around. Stand your ground and you will get what you ask, as long as you can show what you're worth.

Interview Question – You may be asked to put a stack together with very little guidance.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They said there was no room for negotiating my initial offer, yet after about a week of emails and then a face to face meeting, I was able to get my base raised $1/hour. Which to me was a significant difference. It's not exactly what I wanted, but I count it as a win.

Operation Manager Interview

Operation Manager

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Men's Wearhouse in June 2011.

Interview Details – Apply Online. In-store interview. Present your selling skills and communication skills

Customer Service Associate (CSA) Interview

Customer Service Associate (CSA)
Oak Brook, IL

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Men's Wearhouse in March 2011.

Interview Details – Sat in the back office and asked if I had a consistent mode of transportation and if I was okay with making min wage.

Negotiation Details – There was none

Wardrobe Consultant Interview

Wardrobe Consultant
Orange Park, FL

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Men's Wearhouse in February 2013.

Interview Details – I was notified by the Regional Manager to meet with the senior store manager in my area. I had two interviews with both gentlemen. I made it known that I wanted to work at a specific store but was placed in a different store for my first 6 months.

Interview Question – There were not any unexpected or hard questions. I think the Army pretty much prepared me for anything they wanted to throw at me.   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate Interview

Customer Service Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Men's Wearhouse.

Interview Details – Very quick, submitted my application and they responded back promptly.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Men's Wearhouse

Worked for Men's Wearhouse? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Men's Wearhouse interview questions and advice. All 47 interview reviews posted anonymously by Men's Wearhouse employees and interview candidates.