Menard

Getting the Interview

4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Assistant Department Manager Interview

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Menard.

Interview Details – I sat with the store manager and department manager and discussed the position and its responsibilities and any questions that we had.

Interview Question – How I would expect to manage people I had worked with previously or who had more experience than myself.   View Answer

Columbus, OH

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Menard.

Interview Details – I was in the cattle call... Basic one-on-one interview.

Interview Question – nothing unexpected...   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – offer of a position at a base starting rate period.

Very Easy Interview

Assistant Department Manager
Homewood, IL

I applied in-person and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Menard in May 2008.

Interview Details – Very simple. I talked to the store manager when dropping off application and resume. I had an interview 4 days later. The interview was with store manager and HR coordinator. Questions were about previous work experience and education. I had to go to the hospital and get a drug test. Once my drug test results came back, I was hired the beging of the following week.

Interview Question – Would I be able to handle working and going to school.   View Answer

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very Easy Interview

Assistant Department Manager
Dolton, IL

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Menard in April 2008.

Interview Details – Company required applicants to fill out applications on Menard career services. If applicant fits requirements, the applicant must meet with store manager to discuss skills and knowledge of position and years in particular field. If already an employee for Menards, the employee must inquire with top-level management in the store and interviewed at another location for position.

Interview Question – As a female manager, will you be able to handle the work load presented to male counterparts?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The position paid several dollars an hour more.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Menard

Worked for Menard? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Menard Assistant Department Manager interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by Menard employees and interview candidates.