Menard

17 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

MT Training Interview

Bridgeview, IL

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Menard in March 2014.

Interview Details – The advertisement in the local paper and it said to apply in person. I showed up to apply for an HR position but it turns out it had already been filled the previous week. The GM recommended that I try the MT program instead. Two days later I was beginning orientation.

Interview Question – Very informal questions. More conversation based. Talked about Netflix shows and sports.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations possible.

Cabinets and Appliance Team Member Interview

Cabinets and Appliance Team Member
Antioch, IL

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Menard in February 2012.

Interview Details – I had to fill out an application in store, and was briefly talked to by the general manager. HR called me back a few days later for a brief interview and hired me on the spot.

Interview Question – What is your greatest weakness?   Answer Question

Assistant General Manager Interview

Assistant General Manager
Chicago, IL

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Menard.

Interview Details – Promote from with in based off recommendation of GM

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected just have to know your Numbers. Everything else the GM is just trying to feel you out and see if you would be a good fit for team. Sometimes GM has no say so G.O. just tells them who to pick   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Menards doesn't negotiate unless you are a general Manager. Every other position is take it or leave it

Building Materials Team Member Interview

Building Materials Team Member
Valparaiso, IN

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Menard in August 2011.

Interview Details – The application is super straight forward and pretty much leads you straight into getting hired. All they really look for is that you have some type of experience even if it's just mowing lawns. If you are under 18 forget about even applying. The interviews are with the HR and possible department manager. As long as you look presentable(collected shirt and blue jeans) and have a sense of humor you are basically a shoe in. All that's left is the drug test and you are in

Interview Question – Are you willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done   View Answer

Sales Team Member Interview

Sales Team Member
Bloomingdale, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Menard in August 2013.

Interview Details – Basic interview, long term goals, "why us?", strengths/ weaknesses

Interview Question – Everything was very general. It seemed she was reading questions right off the sheet of paper.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Location.

Outside Yard Interview

Merrillville, IN

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Menard in August 2011.

Interview Details – My friend actually got me the job there. Menards was hiring at the time and needed a new morning stocker. He told them how good of a person I was and they called me that day for an interview. I dressed up nice of course and they asked me simple questions like where do i see my self in 2 years and if i was in collage and which department would be best for me. i got hired in 2 weeks later and got promoted in 3 months.

Management Trainee Interview

Management Trainee
Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Menard in February 2013.

Interview Details – Before the interview you will fill out an application of sorts that also has a personality test. After finishing the paper work you will sit down one on one with a representative from the company. The interviewer was nice and personable, we talked about previous work experience and how it could help while working with Manards. The interviewer went over the job in detail and answered any questions I had about the position. Very low pressure interview that was extremely helpful in making a decision.

Interview Question – I do not recall any particularly difficult questions. They ask you about your previous experiences and how it could apply to what you will be doing if you are hired.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Did not want to move as often as required

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Chicago, IL

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Menard.

Interview Details – It was simple. The usual questions: "Describe a situation that..."

Early Morning Stocker Interview

Long Grove, IL

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Menard in November 2012.

Interview Details – I tried for a Management Trainee position first at another store. Called HR person back several times always busy, eventually told that they decided to go with another candidate. HR person was split between two stores I was told. At another nearby Menards an Assistant GM interviewed me for an Early Morning Stocker position. He emphasized that they hire from within. I saw the sign in the window. Called set up antalked with and interview with the Assistant GM.

Negotiation Details – Nonexistant.

Morning Stocker Menards Interview

Morning Stocker Menards
Gurnee, IL

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Menard in March 2009.

Interview Details – Was hired on the first interview after meeting with Asst. GM and HR Coordinator.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Here's what your wage will be, take it or leave it. For entry-level retail, that's pretty much the standard.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Menard? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Menard interview questions and advice in Chicago, IL. All 17 interview reviews posted anonymously by Menard employees and interview candidates.