Menards Assistant Department Manager Interview Questions

1.8

Assistant Department Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Menards.

Interview

I sat with the store manager and department manager and discussed the position and its responsibilities and any questions that we had.

Interview Questions

• How I would expect to manage people I had worked with previously or who had more experience than myself.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Menards

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Menards (Minneapolis, MN) in April 2014.

Interview

Only one interview. Was asked questions such as how I handle agitated guests, how I lead others, why Menards, if I can handle stress, and if I like to work hard. Interview wasn't very private; held in an open air cubicle where you can hear everything going on around you. Seems like a good place to start a managing career in retail.

Interview Questions

• How would your current manager describe you?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Salary isn't negotiable, only the date you can start, in which they were flexible.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Menards (Columbus, OH).

Interview

I was in the cattle call... Basic one-on-one interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

offer of a position at a base starting rate period.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Homewood, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Menards (Homewood, IL) in May 2008.

Interview

Very simple. I talked to the store manager when dropping off application and resume. I had an interview 4 days later. The interview was with store manager and HR coordinator. Questions were about previous work experience and education. I had to go to the hospital and get a drug test. Once my drug test results came back, I was hired the beging of the following week.

Interview Questions

• Would I be able to handle working and going to school.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dolton, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Menards (Dolton, IL) in April 2008.

Interview

Company required applicants to fill out applications on Menard career services. If applicant fits requirements, the applicant must meet with store manager to discuss skills and knowledge of position and years in particular field. If already an employee for Menards, the employee must inquire with top-level management in the store and interviewed at another location for position.

Interview Questions

• As a female manager, will you be able to handle the work load presented to male counterparts?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The position paid several dollars an hour more.