Menards

3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Minneapolis, MN

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Menards in July 2010.

Interview Details – Answer basic questions... no prior knowledge needed

Interview Question – when can you start?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Very Easy Interview

West Bend, WI

The process took a day - interviewed at Menards in March 2008.

Interview Details – HR called to ask me to do an interview. As the day approached, I researched questions and tried to prepare for these. I was asked to bring anything (resume, reports,other) that might help them to decide. When I got there, she was not prepared. I was given a form to fill in that assessed my responses to things like theft and decision problems. Test was simple in it's questions. Then she called the manager and we sat down to talk. He asked about my education. He told me what would be expected and explained the job. I asked questions and he supplied answers. I thought I had done well, but then a manager would not lead you to believe otherwise. The manager has gone on vacation since the interview and HR said they are still interviewing. She said if I did not hear from them within one week of managers return, they had probably gone with someone else. I do not think it was handled in a top professional manner.

Interview Question – Asked for my most difficult supervisor moment.   View Answer

Assistant Manager

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Menards in August 2008.

Interview Details – the Online process was relatively easy. but knowing if you were going to get an interview was frustrating. Finally got an email. set up a date for a phone interview. She asked some situational questions that I was expecting and some that I wasn't. you never know if the answers were what they were looking for

Interview Question – How would you handle an angery customer   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Menards

Worked for Menards? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Menards Assistant Manager interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Menards employees and interview candidates.