Menards

2.1

23 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hanover Park, IL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hanover Park, IL

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Menards.

Filling out a paper app at the store and got a call back within 2 days for a face to face interview.
Day after getting a call, I just went in causally to talk to the GM on duty and HR then we set up a face to face right then and there, 20-30 mins later I walk out with a job.

Interview Questions
  • none, very easy questions like if you saw some one stealing what would you do?   View Answer
No, negotiation space.

Other Interview Reviews for Menards

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morris, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morris, IL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Menards.

I applied online on a Friday and got a call to schedule an interview on that following Monday. I interviewed that Wednesday and got sent for a drug test. I got a call back that next Monday to schedule a day where I could start work. The interview went great and the two ladies that interviewed me were very nice and didn't make me feel intimidated. I only had the one interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, IA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, IA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Menards.

Fill out application in the store, it only takes a couple minutes to do. You then turn it in to their human resource coordinator and i would assume they look over it. It only took a couple days before i got a call about an interview, the interview didn't take very long but when it is your first one you feel like it took forever. after the interview if you get the job they call you to set up your first day and on the first day you do all your training and paper work.

Interview Questions
    • What things do you struggle with or what would affect you from doing your job the best you can   Answer Question
    take what they are willing to give you

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn Park, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn Park, MN

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Menards in July 2014.

I applied online and got a call back within 2 days. At the interview you fill out a sheet asking if you think its okay to take drugs. Then I had a one on one interview where I was asked my weaknesses, strengths, why I wanted to work at menards, what kind of experience have I had with volunteer work or small jobs like babysitting (because I have no prior experience). I then got a call back 2 days later to come in and fill in some paperwork for my drug test, took my drug test the next day and the day after that got a call setting up my orientation.

Interview Questions
    • What is an experience where you felt really proud or accomplished with a job you did?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blaine, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blaine, MN

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Menards in April 2014.

Very kind manager. She had through answers to all of my questions. It was a very comfortable environment. Some basic interview questions but nothing challenging. I would recommend the company just based on the interview experience. Just make sure you are prepared. Obviously the more you are prepped, the easier the interview will seem. I only had to wait 3 days to hear back with an offer and I jubilantly accepted. The only downside is, I have an hour long drive to submit my drug test at a lab with terrible hours for the busy man to attend to in the middle of the week.

Interview Questions
    • What separates you from other candidates interviewing for this position?   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation. Flat rate of minimum wage to start with an extra 2 something dollars for weekend hours (weekend incentive pay)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Janesville, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Janesville, WI

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Menards.

Very quick turn around time between application and interview.

Interview Questions

Hourly wage was much less than advertised.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portage, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portage, MI

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Menards.

Applied in person, paper application at store, was called a few days later to schedule and interview, 1 store manager interveiwed me and then one assitant did aswell, very laid back, jeans and a nice shirt works.

Interview Questions
    • As usual, where do you see yourself in 3 years, questions like that, the do not hire seasonal they say.   Answer Question
    Not much they pay you an extra two dollars an hour on the weekends which is nice.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Menards in June 2013.

Was interviewed by two managers for my first and only interview. The two worked very well together and asked pretty basic interview questions. They went over codes of conduct, dress code, pay, how many hours I wished to work (part-time), and more. Nothing came up that wasn't expected.

Interview Questions
    • Most unexpected question was likely one that only these acting managers would ask, but they asked if I could be a fruit, what fruit would I be?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maplewood, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maplewood, MN

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Menards in February 2013.

They were so desperate for people, they will just ask what your schedule is like & whether or not you plan to stay long. That's all they care about. Because once they know you're available and are willing to pretty much live at menards, they don't care about anything else. My interview consisted of only those 2 questions.

Interview Questions
    • What department do you want to work for? There is seriously too much to choose from.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marion, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marion, IL

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Menards in April 2012.

Easy going interview, standard questions. Working in the there was pretty enjoyable if you had a good group to work with it. You will go home with "save big money at menards!!" in your head...

Interview Questions
    • Asking what i knew about home improvment and how often Ive been in the Menards store (never before picking up application)   Answer Question