Menards Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Mar 23, 2015
Updated Mar 23, 2015

2.0

Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Menards in March 2015.

I filled out an application. Met with a manager and had an interview, then she took me down to speak with another manager after our interview was over. He asked me a couple of the same questions and said that I was hired.

Other Interview Reviews for Menards

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Menards in February 2015.

Menards called me and the woman on the other side had said my interview was to be at 6pm the following day. I got to menards at 5:34 pm and they did not attend me till 6:45 when someone finally approached me and said that they had no interviews scheduled. Big waste of time and they promised to call me back but never did. Ask for the person who called name and make sure of the time and date they say.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hanover Park, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hanover Park, IL

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Menards.

Filling out a paper app at the store and got a call back within 2 days for a face to face interview.
    Day after getting a call, I just went in causally to talk to the GM on duty and HR then we set up a face to face right then and there, 20-30 mins later I walk out with a job.

Interview Questions
    • none, very easy questions like if you saw some one stealing what would you do?   View Answer
    No, negotiation space.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morris, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morris, IL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Menards.

I applied online on a Friday and got a call to schedule an interview on that following Monday. I interviewed that Wednesday and got sent for a drug test. I got a call back that next Monday to schedule a day where I could start work. The interview went great and the two ladies that interviewed me were very nice and didn't make me feel intimidated. I only had the one interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moorhead, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moorhead, MN

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Menards in October 2014.

Had interview with both Assistant GMs, was hired that day, and send for drug testing. I got a call back a couple days later offering me a full time position.

Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Menards in August 2014.

It was pretty simple, I went in and got an application at the contractors desk and filled it out. Talked to a manager, and then the wonderful HR coordinator (at the time of my hire, she left two months later) scheduled my interview for two days later, promptly hiring me within five minutes of my being there. I signed a few papers, got my drug test forms and returned them to her.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn Park, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn Park, MN

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Menards in July 2014.

I applied online and got a call back within 2 days. At the interview you fill out a sheet asking if you think its okay to take drugs. Then I had a one on one interview where I was asked my weaknesses, strengths, why I wanted to work at menards, what kind of experience have I had with volunteer work or small jobs like babysitting (because I have no prior experience). I then got a call back 2 days later to come in and fill in some paperwork for my drug test, took my drug test the next day and the day after that got a call setting up my orientation.

Interview Questions
    • What is an experience where you felt really proud or accomplished with a job you did?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, IA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, IA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Menards.

Fill out application in the store, it only takes a couple minutes to do. You then turn it in to their human resource coordinator and i would assume they look over it. It only took a couple days before i got a call about an interview, the interview didn't take very long but when it is your first one you feel like it took forever. after the interview if you get the job they call you to set up your first day and on the first day you do all your training and paper work.

Interview Questions
    • What things do you struggle with or what would affect you from doing your job the best you can   Answer Question
    take what they are willing to give you

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blaine, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blaine, MN

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Menards in April 2014.

Very kind manager. She had through answers to all of my questions. It was a very comfortable environment. Some basic interview questions but nothing challenging. I would recommend the company just based on the interview experience. Just make sure you are prepared. Obviously the more you are prepped, the easier the interview will seem. I only had to wait 3 days to hear back with an offer and I jubilantly accepted. The only downside is, I have an hour long drive to submit my drug test at a lab with terrible hours for the busy man to attend to in the middle of the week.

Interview Questions
    • What separates you from other candidates interviewing for this position?   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation. Flat rate of minimum wage to start with an extra 2 something dollars for weekend hours (weekend incentive pay)

Anonymous Employee in Janesville, WI
    Anonymous Employee in Janesville, WI

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Menards.

Very quick turn around time between application and interview.

Interview Questions

Hourly wage was much less than advertised.