Menards Interview Questions in Chicago, IL

Updated Jun 3, 2015

1.6

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Matteson, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Menards (Matteson, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

One-on-one with HR rep at the store location. Filled out paperwork before hand with a series of questions about my work past and how I view certain situations. The interview lasted about a half-hour. The rep was friendly and easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

• What I thought about theft   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Menards (Chicago, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

Menards called me and the woman on the other side had said my interview was to be at 6pm the following day. I got to menards at 5:34 pm and they did not attend me till 6:45 when someone finally approached me and said that they had no interviews scheduled. Big waste of time and they promised to call me back but never did. Ask for the person who called name and make sure of the time and date they say.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Yorkville, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Menards (Yorkville, IL) in January 2015.

Interview

I filled out an application online and they called me within a couple days for an interview. I interviewed with 2 HR coordinators. It was a short and standard interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hanover Park, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Menards (Hanover Park, IL).

Interview

Filling out a paper app at the store and got a call back within 2 days for a face to face interview.
    Day after getting a call, I just went in causally to talk to the GM on duty and HR then we set up a face to face right then and there, 20-30 mins later I walk out with a job.

Interview Questions

• none, very easy questions like if you saw some one stealing what would you do?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No, negotiation space.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morris, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Menards (Morris, IL).

Interview

I applied online on a Friday and got a call to schedule an interview on that following Monday. I interviewed that Wednesday and got sent for a drug test. I got a call back that next Monday to schedule a day where I could start work. The interview went great and the two ladies that interviewed me were very nice and didn't make me feel intimidated. I only had the one interview.

Human Resources Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Antioch, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Menards (Antioch, IL) in October 2014.

Interview

The position was posted online on craigslist with a brief description of required duties and expectations. It was listed with compensation 'to be discussed at time of interview'. I submitted my resume, as well as a cover letter detailing why I felt my slightly incongruent experience would still make me a good candidate for the position. I was called the next day, within 24 hours, requesting me to come in to the store and interview with the GM the following day. I have a BS in unrelated fields with no HR experience whatsoever.

Interview Questions

• Relatively straight forward interview questions - what do you know about menards? What do you know about HR? How do you feel like your experience in unrelated fields could be an asset?   Answer Question

After what I felt to be a great interview, the GM stated that the highest possible he could pay for this position was $11/hr. Considering the position REQUIRED a BA/BS, as well as a work load typical of much higher paying positions, I declined. Multiple attempts at negotiation were declined, as the GM had no power to change this number whatsoever. He even said I'd been one of the top interviewees he's spoken to in 20+ years with the company and were I to accept the position there could be possibility for corporate promotion within the year, but at $11/hour for what they were requiring, I was borderline insulted. Seemed to be a wonderful, caring manager as well as a great company to work for, but I absolutely could not accept.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Menards (Chicago, IL) in May 2014.

Interview

Sat down with the head of HR, only had one interview. The interview process was pretty laid back we went over my resume, he then asked me where i saw myself in 5 years where i obviously said with this company. he stepped out for about 5mins came back and asked when can you start?

Interview Questions

• non really, apart from asking me if I was a Chicago Cubs or Sox fan.   Answer Question

MT Training Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bridgeview, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Menards (Bridgeview, IL) in March 2014.

Interview

The advertisement in the local paper and it said to apply in person. I showed up to apply for an HR position but it turns out it had already been filled the previous week. The GM recommended that I try the MT program instead. Two days later I was beginning orientation.

Interview Questions

• Very informal questions. More conversation based. Talked about Netflix shows and sports.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations possible.

Morning Stocker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Menards (Chicago, IL) in March 2014.

Interview

Applied and got called within a week. I went in for the interview and met with the hr person. I was called a couple days Later and was told that I had the job and that I would start immediately the next day.

Interview Questions

• Why I would make a great team member. If I was good workkng well with others.   Answer Question

Assistant General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Menards (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Promote from with in based off recommendation of GM

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected just have to know your Numbers. Everything else the GM is just trying to feel you out and see if you would be a good fit for team. Sometimes GM has no say so G.O. just tells them who to pick   Answer Question

Negotiation

Menards doesn't negotiate unless you are a general Manager. Every other position is take it or leave it