Menards Interview Questions

Updated Apr 13, 2015
Updated Apr 13, 2015

1.8

Java Developer I Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Menards (Eau Claire, WI) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied at a job fair on campus, was asked to do 20 minute phone interview. After phone interview, was asked to come for an on site interview. The on site interview started with a two hour test. It consisted of a 5 part test, that tested your logic, math, spelling, and pattern recognition. This was then followed by a 50 question Java specific test asking different keyword, identifiers, classes, and various things about Java.

After the two hours of testing, I had a face to face interview with two of the staff. Only took about twenty minutes and the questions weren't too difficult. Asked various questions about java, what classes I took, what are my career goals, etc. This on site interview was the last step in the process.

The whole process took about 2 1/2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• What are the four pillars of object oriented programming.   1 Answer

Hardware Team Member Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Menards.

Interview

Friend who was working there at the time mentioned my name to the department manager. I was able to get hired without going through a formal interview process. We mostly spoke about how the department functioned and what to expect from other members from the team. What resources were available for me to gain knowledge.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Menards.

Interview

Went good. The manger Phil was a nice Guy other then the other two. He was respectful and did a good job.. What else do I say it was like all interviews.

Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Menards (Germantown, WI) in March 2015.

Interview

Met a recruiter at a career fair. Called him the next day and he set up an interview a week later. Interview was with store manager and recruiter and was fairly easy, standard strength/weakness/experience questions. They called me the next morning and offered me the job. If you do not have your degree yet they will make you wait, but gives you time to get everything in order (quitting current job, enjoying some time off in between, etc.)

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at menards?   1 Answer
    • How would you describe your personality?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Menards in March 2015.

Interview

I filled out an application. Met with a manager and had an interview, then she took me down to speak with another manager after our interview was over. He asked me a couple of the same questions and said that I was hired.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Menards (Chicago, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

Menards called me and the woman on the other side had said my interview was to be at 6pm the following day. I got to menards at 5:34 pm and they did not attend me till 6:45 when someone finally approached me and said that they had no interviews scheduled. Big waste of time and they promised to call me back but never did. Ask for the person who called name and make sure of the time and date they say.

IT/ISPosition Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Menards in January 2015.

Interview

Had 1 interview over the phone. The HR coordinator I was in contact with asked me times available for the interview and simply never replied after I sent her times that would work for me. I had to send a follow up email roughly a week later making sure she had received my email and ended up with the phone interview that day. After that, as of now I have not received any sort of reply even though was told within 2 weeks I would hear back from them. The lack of contact and feedback was rather unprofessional I think personally. Overall not a good interview experience. It has now been over 3 weeks since phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Basic technology questions. Fairly easy for people with tech back ground.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Menards (Hanover Park, IL).

Interview

Filling out a paper app at the store and got a call back within 2 days for a face to face interview.
    Day after getting a call, I just went in causally to talk to the GM on duty and HR then we set up a face to face right then and there, 20-30 mins later I walk out with a job.

Interview Questions

• none, very easy questions like if you saw some one stealing what would you do?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No, negotiation space.

General Position Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Menards in November 2014.

Interview

Simply on-line application. An interview was set up and was very informal, but thorough. Typical interview questions: Why Menards, my strengths, weakness? A paper test was given regarding internal theft situations-but again simple questions./

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Menards (Morris, IL).

Interview

I applied online on a Friday and got a call to schedule an interview on that following Monday. I interviewed that Wednesday and got sent for a drug test. I got a call back that next Monday to schedule a day where I could start work. The interview went great and the two ladies that interviewed me were very nice and didn't make me feel intimidated. I only had the one interview.