Menards

1.8

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Machesney Park, Winnebago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Machesney Park, Winnebago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Menards in June 2007.

I sat down with the HR woman and was asked the typical interview questions (i.e. strengths, weaknesses, etc.). It lasted about 45 minutes. I was also introduced to one of the head managers and he asked a few questions. They offered me the job a day later over the phone and I accepted.

Morning Stocker Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Menards in October 2009.

I was given a one on one interview with the head human resources rep, and the interview lasted about 30 minutes. I was asked the standard questions, what are your strengths and weaknesses, why do you think you would be good for the morning stocker position, and why would you be a good fit for the Menard's team. The interview process was laid back, not anxiety or stress inducing.

Interview Questions
    For my position there was no negotiation process. Then wanted to know if i wanted the job or not.

Yard Worker Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Menards in June 2007.

One on One and lots on one

Cart Pusher Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Menards in January 2008.

went in apllied in store, filled out app, nest day got call for intierview, and took drug test shortly after and was offered the job

Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Bend, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Bend, WI

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Menards in May 2009.

Went in with HR coordinator and presented myself and was hired

Interview Questions
    Easy questions, cant really give any advice. Either they like you or they dont

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Menards in August 2008.

the Online process was relatively easy. but knowing if you were going to get an interview was frustrating. Finally got an email. set up a date for a phone interview. She asked some situational questions that I was expecting and some that I wasn't. you never know if the answers were what they were looking for

Management Trainee Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Menards in January 2010.

Got an interview on the spot and was offered the job

Interview Questions
    • Why would we offer a discount to a customer buying 500 smoke detectors?   View Answer

Cashier Interview

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Menards in April 2008.

Spoke with Hr and Front end manager. Took a drug test.

Interview Questions
    • Do you think its okay to sell drugs in the parking lot?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Menards in March 2009.

I did not receive the position because I did not have my Bachleors Degree yet. I have just finished my degree, and wonder why someone would go to college for 4 years to work for 10 dollars an hour at Menards.

I think they need to look at job experience and not college education levels when interviewing for department managers.

Sortation Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Menards in October 2009.

First of all I was interviewed in October of 2006. I went in and filled out an application and a personality inventory. The second interview was with the Second shift Supervisor. It was a 1:1 interview. I was asked general questions and questions specific to the job like Are you allergic to saw dust? Can you lift 60 pounds?

There was none.