Menards

1.8

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, IA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, IA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Menards.

Fill out application in the store, it only takes a couple minutes to do. You then turn it in to their human resource coordinator and i would assume they look over it. It only took a couple days before i got a call about an interview, the interview didn't take very long but when it is your first one you feel like it took forever. after the interview if you get the job they call you to set up your first day and on the first day you do all your training and paper work.

Interview Questions
    • What things do you struggle with or what would affect you from doing your job the best you can   Answer Question
    take what they are willing to give you

MT Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Menards.

Applied for manager trainee program. Required by policy to follow up ASAP for position. Had a scheduled interview within 3 days. Interviewed w/ HR then second interview with store management.

Interview Questions
    • Very traditional interview questions. Questions pre-selected and put on a sheet. Past employment a big section for questions. Mainly asked guest service related questions.   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Print Advertising Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eau Claire, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eau Claire, WI

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Menards.

I received a call for an interview the day after I had applied (you must submit your portfolio along with your application). The HR rep that I spoke with was incredibly personable and kind. We set up an interview for the next day, and they sent detailed instructions on the location of the interview and the individuals that I would be meeting with. When I arrived for my interview, everyone was quite friendly and established a relaxed interview environment. They had me fill out a short questionnaire on drugs and theft, and then I met with the department manager for the area I was applying along with the head HR representative. They asked me questions, alloted time for me to ask them questions, and then the department manager left while the HR representative went over the wage and benefits (which started out at $12 and hour). Although the interview process was mostly positive, I was dissatisfied with the length of time it took to get back to me. The HR rep told me that they would contact me in about a week to two at the latest, but they did not contact me until over a month after my interview.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me what I thought of Menards' advertising.   View Answer

Building Materials Team Member Interview

Walk in and fill out paper application. After waiting roughly six months was called in for a 1 on 1 interview. Then received a call to come back for an orientation about a week later.

Interview Questions
    • The interview questions were pretty standards. Nothing you wouldn't expect from your average interview questions.   Answer Question

Morning Stocker Menards Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Menards in June 2014.

I applied online with a general application. I received a phone call within four days for an interview. The interview was very general. They ask why you want the job, your prior work history, and any education you may have. It was a very relaxed interview. Two days later they offered me the job. Then another two days later I had to submit a drug screen. After three days I went to orientation and started work the very next day.

No negotiating.

Sales Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Appleton, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Appleton, WI

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Menards in June 2014.

I applied online and have the job after about a week. Starting today.

I received a call for an interview about 4-6 hours after applying online, and went in the next day. My interview took over an hour because me and the interviewee got along great. She said she would have to talk to her manager and call me in a few days.
    Two days later, I got a call asking me to come in the next day. So I went in, got offered a job, and went to take the pee test, and start work today. I thought it was very courteous to have me come into the store to offer me the job instead of just over the phone.

Interview Questions
    • What can you see being the worst thing about working here?   View Answer

Sales Team Member Interview

I filled out application, they called me in for an interview, i completed the interview, got a call later that day about a drug test, went to complete the drug test, worked the next day

Computer Hardware Support Tech Interview

Interview process went very quick. An IQ like test is taken right away then onto an interview with an HR and two managers from the department. Only one on-site interview and they got back to me is less than a week.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions but most unexpected is "If you could be any tool what would it be and why?"   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied in-person – interviewed at Menards in May 2014.

Sat down with the head of HR, only had one interview. The interview process was pretty laid back we went over my resume, he then asked me where i saw myself in 5 years where i obviously said with this company. he stepped out for about 5mins came back and asked when can you start?

Interview Questions
    • non really, apart from asking me if I was a Chicago Cubs or Sox fan.   Answer Question

Assistant Department Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Menards.

I sat with the store manager and department manager and discussed the position and its responsibilities and any questions that we had.

Interview Questions
    • How I would expect to manage people I had worked with previously or who had more experience than myself.   View Answer