Menards Interview Questions

Updated Jul 28, 2015

1.8

Warehouse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Holiday City, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Menards (Holiday City, OH) in May 2015.

Interview

It was a quick interview. I sat down with my interveiwer, a very young man, maybe 19. He had me do a quick warehouse test. Simple math mostly. He then asked me how I liked my other jobs. Nothing too serious. I am pretty sure he knew he was gonna hire me before he met me, due to my application&experience. Nice place to work, good benefits

Java Developer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eau Claire, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Menards (Eau Claire, WI) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied at a job fair on campus, was asked to do 20 minute phone interview. After phone interview, was asked to come for an on site interview. The on site interview started with a two hour test. It consisted of a 5 part test, that tested your logic, math, spelling, and pattern recognition. This was then followed by a 50 question Java specific test asking different keyword, identifiers, classes, and various things about Java. After the two hours of testing, I had a face to face interview with two of the staff. Only took about twenty minutes and the questions weren't too difficult. Asked various questions about java, what classes I took, what are my career goals, etc. This on site interview was the last step in the process. The whole process took about 2 1/2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• What are the four pillars of object oriented programming.   1 Answer

Carry Out Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Crosse, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Menards (La Crosse, WI) in April 2015.

Interview

After you filled out an online application, a local HR rep would call you and schedule a 1 on 1 interview. The HR rep was generally nice, but seemed hurried and inconvenienced by your presence. After the interview, they send you home and call you back to announce their verdict. If you get the job, you fill out some paperwork and are hired.

Interview Questions

• What was one workplace situation were you experienced difficulty and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Millworks Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Menards (Wichita, KS) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview was somewhat casual and very typical for this type of job. The HR manager and dept manager met with me first followed by asst manager. The asst manager basically asked the same questions then offered me the job.

Cashier/Stocker/Other Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Menards (Minneapolis, MN) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied in person (filled out app in store and turned in right away). It was my first application as I had never had a job before, so no experience but you have to start somewhere right? The actual application was very bland and didn't seem to show any interest in applicant. It does not offer the opportunity to express yourself or why you are applying. I ended up waiting 6 weeks before I took the initiative to call them, I was turned over to HR where they told me to leave a voicemail, my call was returned minutes later and a very rude employee told me they were "gonna pass on the application". After waiting six weeks for a ride phone call I was not impressed. They did not take any time with me to interview or even consider me. My experience as a 16 year old for a first job was very negative and it discouraged me to fill out other apps. SomSomebody I know

Interview Questions

• They didn't take the time to interview me, or even consider me.   Answer Question

Any Position They Had Available Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Menards (Champaign, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

I walked in and asked if they were currently hiring. I scheduled an interview for the next day, whereupon a 30-45 minute interview, I was hired. Very relaxed, positive, and encouraging atmosphere! After having applied and interviewed at similar business in the area (Lowe's, Home Depot, Champaign's Do It Best), Menard's was an easy choice because of how welcoming and enthusiastic the staff were in welcoming me.

Interview Questions

• If you could be any animal, what would it be and why? If we had to chose between you and someone with the exact same experience and skill set as you, what would make us chose you?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Cloud, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Menards (Saint Cloud, MN) in April 2015.

Interview

Basic process. Went to one of there job fairs and filled out an app and gave it to them and waited. Got called up interviewed and sat back down. Got interviewed again.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Matteson, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Menards (Matteson, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

One-on-one with HR rep at the store location. Filled out paperwork before hand with a series of questions about my work past and how I view certain situations. The interview lasted about a half-hour. The rep was friendly and easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

• What I thought about theft   1 Answer

Various Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oak Creek, WI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Menards (Oak Creek, WI) in April 2015.

Interview

Met with HR and GM. Typical interview process. Went over work history and my goals in life. It was relatively painless. Both were nice and helpful. All my questions were answered.

Hardware Team Member Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Menards.

Interview

Friend who was working there at the time mentioned my name to the department manager. I was able to get hired without going through a formal interview process. We mostly spoke about how the department functioned and what to expect from other members from the team. What resources were available for me to gain knowledge.