Menards

Average Difficulty
140 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Chicago, IL

I applied in-person - interviewed at Menards in May 2014.

Interview Details – Sat down with the head of HR, only had one interview. The interview process was pretty laid back we went over my resume, he then asked me where i saw myself in 5 years where i obviously said with this company. he stepped out for about 5mins came back and asked when can you start?

Interview Question – non really, apart from asking me if I was a Chicago Cubs or Sox fan.   Answer Question

Sortation Team Member Interview

Sortation Team Member
Eau Claire, WI

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Menards in April 2014.

Interview Details – Job Fair they are always hiring, because so many people move around through out the company. They let the college kids go home for the summer by transferring them to the stores.

Interview Question – The questions were very easy   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There wasn't one. They told me all the stuff I would be doing and It sounded like easy money

Sales Team Member Interview

Sales Team Member

Interviewed at Menards

Interview Details – I filled out application, they called me in for an interview, i completed the interview, got a call later that day about a drug test, went to complete the drug test, worked the next day

Interview Question – what would you do in this situation, why   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no

Computer Hardware Support Tech Interview

Computer Hardware Support Tech

Interviewed at Menards

Interview Details – Interview process went very quick. An IQ like test is taken right away then onto an interview with an HR and two managers from the department. Only one on-site interview and they got back to me is less than a week.

Interview Question – No difficult questions but most unexpected is "If you could be any tool what would it be and why?"   Answer Question

Assistant Department Manager Interview

Assistant Department Manager
Minneapolis, MN

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Menards in April 2014.

Interview Details – Only one interview. Was asked questions such as how I handle agitated guests, how I lead others, why Menards, if I can handle stress, and if I like to work hard. Interview wasn't very private; held in an open air cubicle where you can hear everything going on around you. Seems like a good place to start a managing career in retail.

Interview Question – How would your current manager describe you?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Salary isn't negotiable, only the date you can start, in which they were flexible.

Manhattan, KS

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Menards in January 2013.

Interview Details – Applied through friend came in for an interview, they asked me questions, I answered them. As with any interview. Guess what they called me back the next day and said we will hire you and I said okay and then I worked there It is pretty simple its not a very good job

Interview Question – How many guests have you helped in your lifetime   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Easy

Wyoming, MI

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Menards in April 2014.

Interview Details – Filled out an application and was called a few days later. Scheduled an interview for the next day. Rather easy interview, however, the store doesn't seem to have a grasp on it's organization and doesn't like to follow up. The HR guy said I would know within a day or two whether or not I got the job and he never called, so I called him, but he never called me back. After finally getting in touch with him he said he'd let me know by the end of the week and I never heard anything.

Interview Question – How to use a measuring tape   Answer Question

Morning Stocker Interview

Morning Stocker
Ottumwa, IA

I applied in-person and the process took 7+ weeks - interviewed at Menards in May 2012.

Interview Details – When I first applied to Menards, it took a while before I heard anything back. A month went by and I called HR several times to let them know I was interested in working with them. I finally received a call back and was asked to come in for an interview. It was pretty straight forward. You go through your previous work history, education, etc. The HR lady went over what jobs were available at that time. (Only Morning Stocker and Cashier was available for part-time.) Basic questions were asked like the "Tell me a time something difficult happened to you. How did you handle it and what was the outcome?" It's what almost every interview asks. Once it was over she offered me the position and I began training two days later.

Interview Question – They weren't difficult or unexpected at all. if you've had an interview before it's the same ones every company asks.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – You can't negotiate the pay.

Assistant Department Manager Interview

Assistant Department Manager

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Menards.

Interview Details – I sat with the store manager and department manager and discussed the position and its responsibilities and any questions that we had.

Interview Question – How I would expect to manage people I had worked with previously or who had more experience than myself.   View Answer

Sales Team Member Interview

Sales Team Member

I applied online and interviewed at Menards.

Interview Details – Getting hired at Menards isn't overly challenging If you have decent interpersonal skills and no or few skeletons in the closet you should be good.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Menards