Menards Interview Questions

1.8

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blaine, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blaine, MN

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Menards in April 2014.

Very kind manager. She had through answers to all of my questions. It was a very comfortable environment. Some basic interview questions but nothing challenging. I would recommend the company just based on the interview experience. Just make sure you are prepared. Obviously the more you are prepped, the easier the interview will seem. I only had to wait 3 days to hear back with an offer and I jubilantly accepted. The only downside is, I have an hour long drive to submit my drug test at a lab with terrible hours for the busy man to attend to in the middle of the week.

Interview Questions
    • What separates you from other candidates interviewing for this position?   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation. Flat rate of minimum wage to start with an extra 2 something dollars for weekend hours (weekend incentive pay)

Cashier and Service Desk Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Menards.

They asked why I wanted to work there what my goals where and where I wanted to go in life.

Interview Questions
    • None they were very nice and it was quick and they got me working as soon as possible.   Answer Question

Shipper Interview

came in had interview and was offered the job on the spot

Manager Trainee Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Menards.

Had a face-to-face and a tour of the building. Very basic questions.

No negotiation

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Menards.

1 interview, then a drug test. As long as you say the right things and you're available, you should get hired. The interview for sales associates don't really last long, they really just need to know the bare minimum. As far as atmosphere, it's very relaxed, and people are busy either helping guest or working on something.

Interview Questions
    • Basic interview questions, such as greatest strength, what's your biggest weakness, so on and so forth. Their biggest thing is availability, can you work nights and weekends.   Answer Question

MT Training Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bridgeview, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bridgeview, IL

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Menards in March 2014.

The advertisement in the local paper and it said to apply in person. I showed up to apply for an HR position but it turns out it had already been filled the previous week. The GM recommended that I try the MT program instead. Two days later I was beginning orientation.

Interview Questions
    • Very informal questions. More conversation based. Talked about Netflix shows and sports.   Answer Question
    No negotiations possible.

Assistant General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Menards.

Promote from with in based off recommendation of GM

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected just have to know your Numbers. Everything else the GM is just trying to feel you out and see if you would be a good fit for team. Sometimes GM has no say so G.O. just tells them who to pick   Answer Question
    Menards doesn't negotiate unless you are a general Manager. Every other position is take it or leave it

Electrical Sales Staff Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Menards.

Very basic questions such as strength and weakness

No negotiation

Human Resources Coordinator Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Menards.

Submit application that is reviewed with a GM or HR, reviewed by management staff, called in for interview at which point they either make the hiring decision on the spot or call back for a second interview. Starting usually within a week unless there is other information required.

Interview Questions
    • If you could pick any animal to discribe yourself, what would it be and why?   Answer Question
    Negotiation is not an option for this company everything is based on a set pay scale

Department Manager Interview

Very laid back. Interviewed with Store manager and he pretty much talked about who I have worked with. Lots of product knowledge questions and he was very pleasant the whole time, Liked to joke about a lot of stuff and made it a very relaxed situation. got offered the job about 2 days later.

No negotiation.