Menards

140 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Electrical Sales Staff Interview

Electrical Sales Staff

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Menards.

Interview Details – Very basic questions such as strength and weakness

Interview Question – they were very basic   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Human Resources Coordinator Interview

Human Resources Coordinator

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Menards.

Interview Details – Submit application that is reviewed with a GM or HR, reviewed by management staff, called in for interview at which point they either make the hiring decision on the spot or call back for a second interview. Starting usually within a week unless there is other information required.

Interview Question – If you could pick any animal to discribe yourself, what would it be and why?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation is not an option for this company everything is based on a set pay scale

Cabinets and Appliances Team Member Interview

Cabinets and Appliances Team Member
Indianapolis, IN

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Menards in January 2013.

Interview Details – Filled out online application, received phone interview, two face to face interviews. One with HR then the second with the department of where they wanted you to go.

Interview Question – How would you handle a guest that has a damaged appliance and needs the have it replaced immediately.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation on wage.

Department Manager Interview

Department Manager

Interviewed at Menards

Interview Details – Very laid back. Interviewed with Store manager and he pretty much talked about who I have worked with. Lots of product knowledge questions and he was very pleasant the whole time, Liked to joke about a lot of stuff and made it a very relaxed situation. got offered the job about 2 days later.

Interview Question – Have you ever had to fire someone?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Human Resources Coordniator Interview

Human Resources Coordniator
Appleton, WI

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Menards in November 2013.

Interview Details – Not formal. No standard interview questions, manager asked questions from the top of his head. More interested in my personality vs my work history. We spoke about the culture and thought I would be a good fit. This position requires a Bachelors in HR, I had to get them a copy of my official transcripts.

Interview Question – I was told this position had a salary of $30,000 per year. On my 1st day I found out that was a lie, it pays $11.25 an hour.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I quit after a week. I can't afford to take that huge of a paycheck. Also was not told that I was required to work 2nd shift. (one a week).

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Madison, WI

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Menards in April 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online and I got a call within a few days. I went to Menards and had the interview. I dressed business professional. They ask you the standard interview questions: Strengths, weaknesses, what you liked/disliked about your last job, etc. When the interview was done, they hired me on the spot for Wallcovering sales associate.

Interview Question – What are your weaknesses.   View Answer

Delivery Coordinator Interview

Delivery Coordinator
Indianapolis, IN

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Menards in July 2013.

Interview Details – Went in to my local Menards, filled out a lengthy application that asked some pretty ridiculous questions, and was contacted by their HR a few days later. After that, I went in for a 1-on-1 interview with the HR representative and after a simple and easy 20 minute interview, I was offered the job.

Interview Question – There really aren't any difficult questions. Just make sure you know how to give good customer service an you'll be fine.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was a basic, $9.00 per hour job. No negotiation.

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative
Columbus, OH

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Menards in February 2013.

Interview Details – I had one interview, I went in and it was the basic 15 minute interview. They ask what are your strengths/weaknesses, ask where do you see yourself within a year of working there, give you details on what kinds of jobs you might be doing. Then they give you a slip to be drug tested and you go straight from there.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself within a year of working for this company?   View Answer

Merchandise Planner Interview

Merchandise Planner
Eau Claire, WI

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Menards.

Interview Details – Applied, phone interview, came in to do interview with hr and two team members, one in my interviewing position and one a manager

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Bottom rung of the ladder so maybe more flexibility higher up...

Cashier Interview

Cashier
Lincoln, NE

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Menards in June 2010.

Interview Details – After submitting an application, my store location, a top-50 store Lincoln South took about 2 weeks to respond to my inquiry for employment. The first interview that you are called to is with the store unit's Human Resource Manager. This interview generally is to judge your competency and general appearance and how you react to the surroundings of the workplace. A tour and policy and procedure packet are completed at this time. When the next interview is called it is with the supervisor of whichever department HR feels you would work best in. If you have experience in a certain home development field, odds are that you will work in that department. The interview with the department manager is a very straightforward asking questions like strengths/weaknesses and inquires about your past employment and self accountability/responsibility. After this interview you will receive a call stating if you were hired or not and instructions on completing the urinalyses drug test. Menards is a drug-free company and EVERY store unit completes mandatory drug testing for all employees pre-employement.

Interview Question – What are your weaknesses?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Wage and benefits are non-negotiable and pre-determined by the corporate office in regards to where your store unit is. Rural area stores get paid just slightly less than more urban ones.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Menards