Menards Interview Questions

Updated Jul 28, 2015

1.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morris, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Menards (Morris, IL).

Interview

I applied online on a Friday and got a call to schedule an interview on that following Monday. I interviewed that Wednesday and got sent for a drug test. I got a call back that next Monday to schedule a day where I could start work. The interview went great and the two ladies that interviewed me were very nice and didn't make me feel intimidated. I only had the one interview.

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cheyenne, WY

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Menards (Cheyenne, WY) in October 2014.

Interview

very nice interview was told at the end that i was hired was given all info about the trainng and relocation that was needed hr lady was super nice and very friendly

Negotiation

not sure yet

Manager Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Menards in October 2014.

Interview

Interview was conversational in nature. General manager did the interview. Asked questions like what brought you to menards? Why do you want to leave the company you are with now? Do you have any questions or concerns? Very easy going approach. No silly questions were asked just common sense relevant questions

Interview Questions

• Do you have any questions or concerns about working for Menards?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moorhead, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Menards (Moorhead, MN) in October 2014.

Interview

Had interview with both Assistant GMs, was hired that day, and send for drug testing. I got a call back a couple days later offering me a full time position.

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Hiring process was somewhat unorganized you almost needed to know someone to get a job that wasn't just the morning stocking crew. Plan to interview in the middle of the a busy store ... process is open so its a little unnerving to have associates eating lunch at the next table while you try to answer questions.

Interview Questions

• they make you take this test of random questions ... they say it does matter - it does - they wont hire you if you fail   Answer Question

Human Resources Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Antioch, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Menards (Antioch, IL) in October 2014.

Interview

The position was posted online on craigslist with a brief description of required duties and expectations. It was listed with compensation 'to be discussed at time of interview'. I submitted my resume, as well as a cover letter detailing why I felt my slightly incongruent experience would still make me a good candidate for the position. I was called the next day, within 24 hours, requesting me to come in to the store and interview with the GM the following day. I have a BS in unrelated fields with no HR experience whatsoever.

Interview Questions

• Relatively straight forward interview questions - what do you know about menards? What do you know about HR? How do you feel like your experience in unrelated fields could be an asset?   Answer Question

After what I felt to be a great interview, the GM stated that the highest possible he could pay for this position was $11/hr. Considering the position REQUIRED a BA/BS, as well as a work load typical of much higher paying positions, I declined. Multiple attempts at negotiation were declined, as the GM had no power to change this number whatsoever. He even said I'd been one of the top interviewees he's spoken to in 20+ years with the company and were I to accept the position there could be possibility for corporate promotion within the year, but at $11/hour for what they were requiring, I was borderline insulted. Seemed to be a wonderful, caring manager as well as a great company to work for, but I absolutely could not accept.

Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in De Pere, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Menards (De Pere, WI) in September 2014.

Interview

Called after applying. Got called right away. Interview was very easy just answered questions about my application and resume. I was interviewed by the General Manager while an HR member was there.

Interview Questions

• What kinds of problems did you have at work? Like I said everything was very easy.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Told me my pay, had to get a drug test, and provide resume.

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Wayne, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Menards (Fort Wayne, IN) in September 2014.

Interview

They asked me about my experience in paint and why would I contribute to the team. They also asked if there was any department I specifically wanted to work in, I said yes; it was the paint department because I love dealing with paint and customers help with interior and exterior home projects.

Interview Questions

• Q: why should we hire you?   1 Answer

First Assistant Front End Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pekin, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Menards (Pekin, IL) in August 2014.

Interview

Thorough. The interview process is professional and handled with care. The Store Manager enters the interview toward the end of the process to ask a couple of their own questions. Ultimately, the Store Manager is the one who decides to hire you, not the HR coordinator.

Interview Questions

• If I had a degree and what in?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Menards in August 2014.

Interview

It was pretty simple, I went in and got an application at the contractors desk and filled it out. Talked to a manager, and then the wonderful HR coordinator (at the time of my hire, she left two months later) scheduled my interview for two days later, promptly hiring me within five minutes of my being there. I signed a few papers, got my drug test forms and returned them to her.

Interview Questions

• What do you want for this job?   1 Answer