Menards

Relevance Date Difficulty

Merchandise Planner Interview

Merchandise Planner
Eau Claire, WI

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Menards.

Interview Details – Applied, phone interview, came in to do interview with hr and two team members, one in my interviewing position and one a manager

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Bottom rung of the ladder so maybe more flexibility higher up...

Cashier Interview

Cashier
Lincoln, NE

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Menards in June 2010.

Interview Details – After submitting an application, my store location, a top-50 store Lincoln South took about 2 weeks to respond to my inquiry for employment. The first interview that you are called to is with the store unit's Human Resource Manager. This interview generally is to judge your competency and general appearance and how you react to the surroundings of the workplace. A tour and policy and procedure packet are completed at this time. When the next interview is called it is with the supervisor of whichever department HR feels you would work best in. If you have experience in a certain home development field, odds are that you will work in that department. The interview with the department manager is a very straightforward asking questions like strengths/weaknesses and inquires about your past employment and self accountability/responsibility. After this interview you will receive a call stating if you were hired or not and instructions on completing the urinalyses drug test. Menards is a drug-free company and EVERY store unit completes mandatory drug testing for all employees pre-employement.

Interview Question – What are your weaknesses?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Wage and benefits are non-negotiable and pre-determined by the corporate office in regards to where your store unit is. Rural area stores get paid just slightly less than more urban ones.

Morning Stocker Interview

Morning Stocker
Bloomington, IN

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Menards in July 2009.

Interview Details – Very easy job interview, the hardest question I had was "can you show up every day at 5am?" There are quite a few really good morning stockers, however, the amount of turnover for soooo many weird and awful employees at this position makes it an easy interview. Interviewing for a higher paying job in this company would make it more difficult, howver, for this position all you have to do is show some regular intelligence and it will go well.

Interview Question – Really didnt have one. Very straightforward. Can you stock, read aisles, clean after yourself, etc..   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations, $7.85 start pay.

Building Materials Team Member Interview

Building Materials Team Member
Valparaiso, IN

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Menards in August 2011.

Interview Details – The application is super straight forward and pretty much leads you straight into getting hired. All they really look for is that you have some type of experience even if it's just mowing lawns. If you are under 18 forget about even applying. The interviews are with the HR and possible department manager. As long as you look presentable(collected shirt and blue jeans) and have a sense of humor you are basically a shoe in. All that's left is the drug test and you are in

Interview Question – Are you willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done   View Answers (2)

Wallcoverings Assistant Department Manager Interview

Wallcoverings Assistant Department Manager
Clio, MI

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Menards in May 2010.

Interview Details – You have 1-2 interviews, a drug test, and an orientation.

Interview Question – Why did you not like about your last job?   Answer Question

First Assistant Building Material Interview

First Assistant Building Material
Champaign, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Menards in December 2012.

Interview Details – It consisted of a letter of intent and a phone interview and was hired on the spot. The general manager of that particular store had spoken with 3-4 of my supervisors and peers prior to the interview. The interview was just to confirm what he had heard.

Interview Question – No real difficult or unexpected questions   View Answer

Receiver Interview

Receiver
Greenwood, IN

I applied in-person - interviewed at Menards in July 2011.

Interview Details – I walked into the store and asked for an application, where I was kindly provided with one. I was asked to fill the application out in the store, which I planned on doing anyways. After completion, I kindly asked for the General Manager of the store. I presented him with my application and we had a great conversation, and I was hired on the spot.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for Menards?   Answer Question

Building Materials Team Member Interview

Building Materials Team Member
Bloomington, IN

I interviewed at Menards in June 2010.

Interview Details – Very nice people that performed interview. Relatively standard behavioral interview.

Interview Question – Tell me about a weakness you have.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Des Moines, IA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Menards in April 2011.

Interview Details – Filled out application and went in to answer questions at interview. Also, I had to take a mandatory drug test.

Interview Question – Which department do you want to work in?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They told me everything I needed to know.

Cashier Interview

Cashier
Janesville, WI

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Menards.

Interview Details – Very quick turn around time between application and interview.

Interview Question – Really none.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Hourly wage was much less than advertised.