Menards

Updated Nov 17, 2014
Updated Nov 17, 2014

1.8

Carryout Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Menards.

The HR Coordinator contacted me first to schedule a face to face. She then gave information about the company. I received the form for lab drug testing. They then put me through the full hiring process, and after a full week of work I was terminated for a positive urine sample.

Warehouse Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Menards.

Informal interview. Very easy.

There is no negotiation.

Shipping Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Menards.

They didn't ask any hard questions. The manager interviewed me. Asked how well I work with others on a team.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really difficult, just give them the typical answers they would want to hear   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portage, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portage, MI

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Menards.

Applied in person, paper application at store, was called a few days later to schedule and interview, 1 store manager interveiwed me and then one assitant did aswell, very laid back, jeans and a nice shirt works.

Interview Questions
    • As usual, where do you see yourself in 3 years, questions like that, the do not hire seasonal they say.   Answer Question
    Not much they pay you an extra two dollars an hour on the weekends which is nice.

Manager In Training Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lansing, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lansing, MI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Menards.

I went to a career fair and talked to HR. She called me about a month later to set up an interview with her. The GM wasn't there so she had me come in for a second interview where I was told I got the job as long as I pass the drug test.

No negotiation

Delivery Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Menards in July 2013.

Went in to my local Menards, filled out a lengthy application that asked some pretty ridiculous questions, and was contacted by their HR a few days later. After that, I went in for a 1-on-1 interview with the HR representative and after a simple and easy 20 minute interview, I was offered the job.

Interview Questions
    • There really aren't any difficult questions. Just make sure you know how to give good customer service an you'll be fine.   Answer Question
    It was a basic, $9.00 per hour job. No negotiation.

Management Intern Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Menards.

I applied at Menards and one week later I got a call. This was a new store so they haven't had anyone apply for the internship. I then set up an interview for a week later. I walked into the interview dressed nice and full of confidence. I had prepared for this interview online and had a bunch of questions I was prepared to answer. It was an interview process that wasn't out of the ordinary, the types of questions you would expect to hear in an interview.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation with regards to your pay, but it is a paid internship, so I accepted.

Manager Trainee Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Menards.

The interview only lasted about 20 minutes and they offered me the job. With a 4-year college degree, I am well beyond overqualified for the job, but I needed a paycheck until I found something real.

I walked in, the General Manager, 2 assistants, and HR Coordinator were all there. The GM asked me a bunch of questions about my experience and what I would bring to the table and after I gave all my answers, they offered me the job on the spot. It was very quick and painless.

Interview Questions
    There is no negotiation with Menards. You sign a contract that states anything and everything and there goes your life.

Part Time Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eden Prairie, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eden Prairie, MN

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Menards in June 2013.

After I was hired I was brought in for group training where we watched training videos. It was me and one guy who was applying for a position in the stock/lumber yard. The hiring staff and human resources people were professional, friendly and helpful. Remember to bring your SS card and ID that they will scan and also know when your hours are. When putting together scheduling, give them your specific hour windows and try to avoid saying "I'd rather not work ___, but if I absolutely have to, I will. They will schedule you for that day/ those hours.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Menards in June 2013.

Was interviewed by two managers for my first and only interview. The two worked very well together and asked pretty basic interview questions. They went over codes of conduct, dress code, pay, how many hours I wished to work (part-time), and more. Nothing came up that wasn't expected.

Interview Questions
    • Most unexpected question was likely one that only these acting managers would ask, but they asked if I could be a fruit, what fruit would I be?   View Answer