Menards Manager Trainee Interview Questions

Updated Oct 6, 2014

1.2

10 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Manager Trainee Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Menards in October 2014.

Interview was conversational in nature. General manager did the interview. Asked questions like what brought you to menards? Why do you want to leave the company you are with now? Do you have any questions or concerns? Very easy going approach. No silly questions were asked just common sense relevant questions

Interview Questions
  • Do you have any questions or concerns about working for Menards?   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Menards

Anonymous Interview Candidate in De Pere, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in De Pere, WI

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Menards in September 2014.

Called after applying. Got called right away. Interview was very easy just answered questions about my application and resume. I was interviewed by the General Manager while an HR member was there.

Interview Questions
    • What kinds of problems did you have at work? Like I said everything was very easy.   View Answer
    Told me my pay, had to get a drug test, and provide resume.

Manager Trainee Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Menards.

Had a face-to-face and a tour of the building. Very basic questions.

No negotiation

Manager Trainee Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Menards.

The interview only lasted about 20 minutes and they offered me the job. With a 4-year college degree, I am well beyond overqualified for the job, but I needed a paycheck until I found something real.

I walked in, the General Manager, 2 assistants, and HR Coordinator were all there. The GM asked me a bunch of questions about my experience and what I would bring to the table and after I gave all my answers, they offered me the job on the spot. It was very quick and painless.

Interview Questions
    There is no negotiation with Menards. You sign a contract that states anything and everything and there goes your life.

Manager Trainee Interview

Very informal and just asked the basic questions...put a lot of pressure on myself to come up with questions to ask during the interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evansville, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evansville, IN

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Menards in January 2013.

The process was unprofessional redundant.

Interview Questions

The General Manager was unwilling to adjust starting wage.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elkhart, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elkhart, IN

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Menards in December 2012.

I was offered an opportunity through my college, as a senior graduating Business student, to apply for a Manager Trainee position at Menards. It was the most unprofessional interview I've been through in quite awhile. I came dressed in a suit and tie, and she was dressed very sloppy. She should've dressed for the occasion, as well. Her job title was H.R. Coordinator! She was very dismissive and kept interrupting me. She said that if I couldn't pack up and relocate for the job after training, I simply wouldn't be a good fit for the job. Who can relocate on $11.00/hr?! I'll commute 30-45 minutes (if I have an opportunity to advance in management and increase my salary), but not relocate. I'm looking for an opportunity for corporate advancement. If this is the face of Menards H.R., who would ever want to work for them? They need to train their H.R. reps for proper interviewing. She barely gave me any eye contact, and she didn't even offer to shake my hand! Unbelievable! Don't waste your time. Menards is a joke.

Interview Questions
    • How far are you willing to commute? Chicago? (I live in Michigan!)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Bend, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Bend, IN

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Menards in August 2012.

Applied online and got a call back within a month. Very simple interview, received job offer that same day. Started working the following week.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing to difficult...why do you want to work in retail   Answer Question
    No negociation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Effingham, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Effingham, IL

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Menards in July 2010.

very shabby. Aterwaiting on the GM who could not make it, the very young HR person conducted a very brief, scripted interview. She showed me the pay rate and scale for advancement. This was not impressive. She told me of the opportunities. The job was interesting the pay and time it would take to reach an acceptable level was not.

Interview Questions
    • How do you handle difficult decisions?   View Answer

offered me 9.50 an hour, with the possibility to get a .50 cent increase annually. yeah right!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Bend, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Bend, WI

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Menards in May 2009.

Went in with HR coordinator and presented myself and was hired

Interview Questions
    Easy questions, cant really give any advice. Either they like you or they dont