Menards Manager Trainee Interview Questions

Updated Jul 10, 2015

1.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Menards (Chicago, IL) in July 2015.

Interview

The interview process was quick. We went over the basic over view of what a manager trainee does and the advancement opportunities. we discussed some of the benifits, the wages, hours, dress code, etc

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation needed

Other Interview Reviews for Menards

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miamisburg, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Menards (Miamisburg, OH) in June 2015.

Interview

was very easy , good interaction with the HR manager made me comfortable . A friendly chat to be honest never felt like an interview . Was offered strait away . Happy to be working at menards .

Manager Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Menards.

Interview

Short and simple. The interviewer called the next day to set up the interview. When I arrived, they explained the position. No questions were asked; I asked all of the questions. I turned down the job because the pay was too low.

Manager Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Menards in October 2014.

Interview

Interview was conversational in nature. General manager did the interview. Asked questions like what brought you to menards? Why do you want to leave the company you are with now? Do you have any questions or concerns? Very easy going approach. No silly questions were asked just common sense relevant questions

Interview Questions

• Do you have any questions or concerns about working for Menards?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in De Pere, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Menards (De Pere, WI) in September 2014.

Interview

Called after applying. Got called right away. Interview was very easy just answered questions about my application and resume. I was interviewed by the General Manager while an HR member was there.

Interview Questions

• What kinds of problems did you have at work? Like I said everything was very easy.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Told me my pay, had to get a drug test, and provide resume.

Manager Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Menards.

Interview

Had a face-to-face and a tour of the building. Very basic questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in O'Fallon, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Menards (O'Fallon, IL) in July 2013.

Interview

Filled out an online app. Called human resources to check on status of application. She didnt pick up but i left a professional message. HR Coordinator called back later that day to set up interview two days later on a friday. Offered position on the spot as degreed manager trainee.

Interview Questions

• How do you delegate tasks to workers   Answer Question
    • How did you handle stressful situation in previous job (I previously worked as shift manager at taco bell)   Answer Question

Negotiation

Menards offers everyone up to and including Store general manager hourly pay. Pay was locked in around 31k for degreed manager trainee in metro area.

Anonymous Employee in Homer Glen, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Menards (Homer Glen, IL) in July 2013.

Interview

Very relaxed, non-professional interview with an HR employee and the GM. Basically, the stores are not looking for you to work a position at the location you are interested in and applying to. They want to train you, then send you where needed which will most likely end up with high commute times or even require relocation. Both options were not what I was looking for, and because of that I was not offered the position even though I have retail, managerial & entrepreneurial experience of over 20 years.

Interview Questions

• There was nothing unexpected or difficult outside of wanting you to relocate.   Answer Question

Manager Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Menards.

Interview

The interview only lasted about 20 minutes and they offered me the job. With a 4-year college degree, I am well beyond overqualified for the job, but I needed a paycheck until I found something real. I walked in, the General Manager, 2 assistants, and HR Coordinator were all there. The GM asked me a bunch of questions about my experience and what I would bring to the table and after I gave all my answers, they offered me the job on the spot. It was very quick and painless.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There is no negotiation with Menards. You sign a contract that states anything and everything and there goes your life.

Manager Trainee Interview

Interview

Very informal and just asked the basic questions...put a lot of pressure on myself to come up with questions to ask during the interview.