Menards Morning Stocker Interview Questions

Updated Aug 24, 2015

2.0

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Menards (Madison, WI).

Interview

If you can get in there for an interview then it's pretty easy interview process. Usually you have to keep on the HR to get interviewed. Have to apply in store or online.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Menards

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Menards (Chicago, IL) in March 2014.

Interview

Applied and got called within a week. I went in for the interview and met with the hr person. I was called a couple days Later and was told that I had the job and that I would start immediately the next day.

Interview Questions

• Why I would make a great team member. If I was good workkng well with others.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Menards (Saint Paul, MN) in May 2012.

Interview

Easy interview. Sat in the patio area. Went very fast. Was asked very few questions as they seemed to need employees badly. Told me to come to a group meeting after. Can't remember anything else.

Interview Questions

• Why you want to work here.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Ottumwa, IA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Menards (Ottumwa, IA) in May 2012.

Interview

When I first applied to Menards, it took a while before I heard anything back. A month went by and I called HR several times to let them know I was interested in working with them. I finally received a call back and was asked to come in for an interview. It was pretty straight forward. You go through your previous work history, education, etc. The HR lady went over what jobs were available at that time. (Only Morning Stocker and Cashier was available for part-time.) Basic questions were asked like the "Tell me a time something difficult happened to you. How did you handle it and what was the outcome?" It's what almost every interview asks. Once it was over she offered me the position and I began training two days later.

Interview Questions

• They weren't difficult or unexpected at all. if you've had an interview before it's the same ones every company asks.   Answer Question

Negotiation

You can't negotiate the pay.

Anonymous Employee in Elkhart, IN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Menards (Elkhart, IN) in May 2011.

Interview

Group interview then separated to single asked work history,if you have a vehicle to get to and from work, if allergies play a roll, can count, can keep track of things, quick Learner can lift 50 pound boxes to put things away on shelving. Fork lift licence and can you work weekends

Morning Stocker Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Menards in October 2009.

Interview

I was given a one on one interview with the head human resources rep, and the interview lasted about 30 minutes. I was asked the standard questions, what are your strengths and weaknesses, why do you think you would be good for the morning stocker position, and why would you be a good fit for the Menard's team. The interview process was laid back, not anxiety or stress inducing.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

For my position there was no negotiation process. Then wanted to know if i wanted the job or not.

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Menards (Bloomington, IN) in July 2009.

Interview

Very easy job interview, the hardest question I had was "can you show up every day at 5am?" There are quite a few really good morning stockers, however, the amount of turnover for soooo many weird and awful employees at this position makes it an easy interview. Interviewing for a higher paying job in this company would make it more difficult, howver, for this position all you have to do is show some regular intelligence and it will go well.

Interview Questions

• Really didnt have one. Very straightforward. Can you stock, read aisles, clean after yourself, etc..   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations, $7.85 start pay.

Morning Stocker Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Menards in November 2011.

Interview

Just came in after seeing sign on the door needing help. Interviewed and took drug test the same day.

Interview Questions

• Can you work early morning shifts?   1 Answer