Menards

1.5

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Menards in June 2014.

I applied online with a general application. I received a phone call within four days for an interview. The interview was very general. They ask why you want the job, your prior work history, and any education you may have. It was a very relaxed interview. Two days later they offered me the job. Then another two days later I had to submit a drug screen. After three days I went to orientation and started work the very next day.

No negotiating.

Other Interview Reviews for Menards

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Menards.

Interview process went smooth, i got hired on the spot. One thing to warn you they actually call your former employees. I lied on my application and my dates were way off so i ended up not getting the job. Karma strikes again

Interview Questions

i lied on my application

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurnee, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurnee, IL

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Menards in March 2009.

Was hired on the first interview after meeting with Asst. GM and HR Coordinator.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. Here's what your wage will be, take it or leave it. For entry-level retail, that's pretty much the standard.

Morning Stocker Menards Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Menards.

Average interview with HR coordinator and an Assistant Manager. No earthshattering questions, mostly looked over resume & application and shared info and philosophies of the company.

Talked about all the possibilities of training and advancement. Explained that I would need a drug test prior to employment. Left interview to go take drug test, and was offered a postion immediately after.

Interview Questions
    Zero pay negotiations. Zero schedule negotiations. Everyone (regardless of work ethic, experience, or department/work conditions) makes same low rate. No talk of any schedule for raises, but researched and found out there is a 10 cent raise every 6 months, regardless of performance--just take a test. Guy who spends part of every shift taking a dump while on the clock is certain to get the same raise and treatment as the guy who busts a nut and never slows down, always striving to be better and complete tasks efficiently.