Menards Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Aug 19, 2015

1.5

Anonymous Employee in Saint Ann, MO

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Menards (Saint Ann, MO) in June 2015.

Interview

Worst company I got interviewed by. I went to their job fair in St. Ann, Mo. I was dressed in a suit and had my resume(keep in mind that I have experience in retail, management, and customer service with clean background.) I fillled out an application and waited 2 hours before being interviewed. I was confident, easy-going, and open-minded. I get a "we will call you" and yet they dont call me for a month, but they hired people who came in interviews with flat bill hats, pants hanging low, etc with no experience. Joke of a company.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Menards

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Menards.

Interview

Went good. The manger Phil was a nice Guy other then the other two. He was respectful and did a good job.. What else do I say it was like all interviews.

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Hiring process was somewhat unorganized you almost needed to know someone to get a job that wasn't just the morning stocking crew. Plan to interview in the middle of the a busy store ... process is open so its a little unnerving to have associates eating lunch at the next table while you try to answer questions.

Interview Questions

• they make you take this test of random questions ... they say it does matter - it does - they wont hire you if you fail   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Menards (Chicago, IL) in May 2014.

Interview

Sat down with the head of HR, only had one interview. The interview process was pretty laid back we went over my resume, he then asked me where i saw myself in 5 years where i obviously said with this company. he stepped out for about 5mins came back and asked when can you start?

Interview Questions

• non really, apart from asking me if I was a Chicago Cubs or Sox fan.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Menards (Cincinnati, OH) in May 2014.

Interview

Very simple and quick interview/hiring process. I was looking for a quick job after a cross-country move. Filled out the application in-store, and was called in for an interview next day. Very simple interview. Basically they went over all the same information that was on the application, as well as ask you about your previous work history. I was offered a job immediately after the interview, pending a drug test. They did mention that your paychecks are delayed by 2 weeks. This means that your first paycheck will not come for 4 weeks due to how they handle pay roll.

Anonymous Employee in Wyoming, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Menards (Wyoming, MI) in April 2014.

Interview

Filled out an application and was called a few days later. Scheduled an interview for the next day. Rather easy interview, however, the store doesn't seem to have a grasp on it's organization and doesn't like to follow up. The HR guy said I would know within a day or two whether or not I got the job and he never called, so I called him, but he never called me back. After finally getting in touch with him he said he'd let me know by the end of the week and I never heard anything.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miamisburg, OH

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Menards (Miamisburg, OH) in April 2014.

Interview

Lady was friendly and very eager to get me started, went over paperwork, signed and copied documents, explained that there was multiple openings and which one I. Preferred and had experience in, I said plumbing and electrical so she decided that hardware department would be the best fit, informed me the job was part time,,I explained I had alot of experience in the field and asked for $12 hr starting, she said she would check my former employers and if it was kosher then no problem( they never did, claiming they could not reach them) but until then started at $8.36 hr no benefits and I could start anytime I wanted and that there would be basic training.

Interview Questions

• Can you work evenings and weekends   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very easy, Menards has a VERY HIGH turnover rate and are DESPERATE to get the new meat in for the hamburger grinder, if super DESPERATE for a job this is the place, plus they hire repeat felons, if you have committed multiple felonies, Menards is for you, when I worked there they hired a Cashier the same day as me who had 40 felony convictions, no kidding, found this out from guy who googled her name and 40 convictions came up.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Menards.

Interview

1 interview, then a drug test. As long as you say the right things and you're available, you should get hired. The interview for sales associates don't really last long, they really just need to know the bare minimum. As far as atmosphere, it's very relaxed, and people are busy either helping guest or working on something.

Interview Questions

• Basic interview questions, such as greatest strength, what's your biggest weakness, so on and so forth. Their biggest thing is availability, can you work nights and weekends.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Livonia, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Menards (Livonia, MI) in September 2013.

Interview

Fairly quick and easy. Basic questions regarding sales and home improvement aspects. After the interview was almost a month before I heard back from them. Which i called to check the status and they told me they forgot to call and i started orientation the next week.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an upset guest?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Menards (Madison, WI) in April 2013.

Interview

I applied online and I got a call within a few days. I went to Menards and had the interview. I dressed business professional. They ask you the standard interview questions: Strengths, weaknesses, what you liked/disliked about your last job, etc. When the interview was done, they hired me on the spot for Wallcovering sales associate.