Menards Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Mar 9, 2015

1.5

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Menards.

Interview

Went good. The manger Phil was a nice Guy other then the other two. He was respectful and did a good job.. What else do I say it was like all interviews.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Menards

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Hiring process was somewhat unorganized you almost needed to know someone to get a job that wasn't just the morning stocking crew. Plan to interview in the middle of the a busy store ... process is open so its a little unnerving to have associates eating lunch at the next table while you try to answer questions.

Interview Questions

• they make you take this test of random questions ... they say it does matter - it does - they wont hire you if you fail   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Menards (Chicago, IL) in May 2014.

Interview

Sat down with the head of HR, only had one interview. The interview process was pretty laid back we went over my resume, he then asked me where i saw myself in 5 years where i obviously said with this company. he stepped out for about 5mins came back and asked when can you start?

Interview Questions

• non really, apart from asking me if I was a Chicago Cubs or Sox fan.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Menards (Cincinnati, OH) in May 2014.

Interview

Very simple and quick interview/hiring process. I was looking for a quick job after a cross-country move. Filled out the application in-store, and was called in for an interview next day. Very simple interview. Basically they went over all the same information that was on the application, as well as ask you about your previous work history. I was offered a job immediately after the interview, pending a drug test.

They did mention that your paychecks are delayed by 2 weeks. This means that your first paycheck will not come for 4 weeks due to how they handle pay roll.

Anonymous Employee in Wyoming, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Menards (Wyoming, MI) in April 2014.

Interview

Filled out an application and was called a few days later. Scheduled an interview for the next day. Rather easy interview, however, the store doesn't seem to have a grasp on it's organization and doesn't like to follow up. The HR guy said I would know within a day or two whether or not I got the job and he never called, so I called him, but he never called me back. After finally getting in touch with him he said he'd let me know by the end of the week and I never heard anything.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Menards.

Interview

1 interview, then a drug test. As long as you say the right things and you're available, you should get hired. The interview for sales associates don't really last long, they really just need to know the bare minimum. As far as atmosphere, it's very relaxed, and people are busy either helping guest or working on something.

Interview Questions

• Basic interview questions, such as greatest strength, what's your biggest weakness, so on and so forth. Their biggest thing is availability, can you work nights and weekends.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Menards (Madison, WI) in April 2013.

Interview

I applied online and I got a call within a few days. I went to Menards and had the interview. I dressed business professional. They ask you the standard interview questions: Strengths, weaknesses, what you liked/disliked about your last job, etc. When the interview was done, they hired me on the spot for Wallcovering sales associate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manhattan, KS

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Menards (Manhattan, KS) in January 2013.

Interview

Applied through friend came in for an interview, they asked me questions, I answered them. As with any interview. Guess what they called me back the next day and said we will hire you and I said okay and then I worked there It is pretty simple its not a very good job

Negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Menards (Chicago, IL).

Interview

It was simple. The usual questions: "Describe a situation that..."

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evansville, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Menards (Evansville, IN) in August 2012.

Interview

I applied online and a few days later I received a call to set up an interview. During the interview, the HR Manager went over what positions were available. He asked maybe three questions, very basic/easy. I was asked if I wanted to do the Manager Trainee program because I had a Management degree. You're almost always required to relocate if you do that so I wasn't interested. I took a drug test and was offered the job the next day.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Non-negotiable.