Mentor Graphics

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Corporate Marketing Engineer

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Mentor Graphics in January 2014.

Interview Details – The first round was a telephonic interview taken by two people. Couple of questions on my resume and others were about what interested me the most about the position, why the company etc. I was asked to interview for another round the next week. I presented an academic project to around 4-5 people over the internet. Again was asked questions on my resume and behavioral questions. Haven't heard back from them. It has been more than a month.

Interview Question – There weren't any in particular but they did grill me about my resume a lot!   Answer Question

Wilsonville, OR

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Mentor Graphics in March 2013.

Interview Details – Phone screen followed by in-person interview. Phone screen is about 30-45 minutes mostly questions out of your resume. In-person is a presentation followed by 2-3 rounds of interview.

Interview Question – Questions on DC drop, split planes, crosstalk. How do you solve crosstalk issues in split planes? What are split planes? What is crosstalk?   Answer Question

Wilsonville, OR

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Mentor Graphics.

Interview Details – I was contacted about the opportunity after they selected my resume from a uni career fair. We communicated via email about the position before a phone interview. A week after the phone interview, I was invited on-site for multiple interviews and to give a technical presentation. A very positive experience and it paid off as it has paved the way for further engineering roles within the company.

Interview Question – It was one technical question in a topic that I was not that skilled in. It didn't hinder me as I got the other ones correct.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very Easy Interview

Wilsonville, OR

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Mentor Graphics.

Interview Details – Phone Screen....Talked about job and possible advancements. Explained to me that he got my resume from my university careers department....

Interview Question – What interested you in this role?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Don't offer Engineering student a telemarketing job....really what a waste of time!

Worked for Mentor Graphics? Contribute to the Community!