Mentor Graphics

Interviewed at Mentor Graphics

Interview Details – Basic 2 phone interviews

Interview Question – Mostly behavioral questions   Answer Question

Corporate Marketing Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Mentor Graphics in January 2014.

Interview Details – The first round was a telephonic interview taken by two people. Couple of questions on my resume and others were about what interested me the most about the position, why the company etc. I was asked to interview for another round the next week. I presented an academic project to around 4-5 people over the internet. Again was asked questions on my resume and behavioral questions. Haven't heard back from them. It has been more than a month.

Interview Question – There weren't any in particular but they did grill me about my resume a lot!   Answer Question

Associate Rotational Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Mentor Graphics.

Interview Details – Initially had a HR telephonic interview followed by Technical phone screen.
They called me onsite and i had 3 rounds, 2 were technical and 1 Behavioral.

Interview Question – HR questions were standard basic, technical concentrated on OOD concepts and VLSI design and Testing.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Offer was pretty attractive

Corporate Marketing Engineer
Wilsonville, OR

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Mentor Graphics in March 2013.

Interview Details – Phone screen followed by in-person interview. Phone screen is about 30-45 minutes mostly questions out of your resume. In-person is a presentation followed by 2-3 rounds of interview.

Interview Question – Questions on DC drop, split planes, crosstalk. How do you solve crosstalk issues in split planes? What are split planes? What is crosstalk?   Answer Question

Corporate Marketing Engineer
Wilsonville, OR

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Mentor Graphics.

Interview Details – I was contacted about the opportunity after they selected my resume from a uni career fair. We communicated via email about the position before a phone interview. A week after the phone interview, I was invited on-site for multiple interviews and to give a technical presentation. A very positive experience and it paid off as it has paved the way for further engineering roles within the company.

Interview Question – It was one technical question in a topic that I was not that skilled in. It didn't hinder me as I got the other ones correct.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
San Francisco, CA

I interviewed at Mentor Graphics in September 2013.

Interview Details – 2 Phone interviews
6 Onsite interviews

1 Take home problem

Interview Question – Mostly C Questions regarding Trees and Algorithms. C++ STL
Given a sample code and have to find the output. etc
tcl related questions
  Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Mentor Graphics.

Interview Details – First interview with HR about English proficiency then with several senior engineer and manager. Tests might be given for coding proficiency. Previous employer or relative experience helps a lot. And of course referral will help a lot.

Interview Question – Tell me about your strength and weakness.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer

Interviewed at Mentor Graphics

Interview Details – I was intern there for 2 years. so there was no interviewing for me

Systems Administrator Interview

Systems Administrator
Santa Clara, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Mentor Graphics in February 2011.

Interview Details – Good folks, friendly and polite

Market Analyst Interview

Market Analyst
Wilsonville, OR

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Mentor Graphics in February 2012.

Interview Details – One on one interview with all team members

Interview Question – None all behavioral   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Mentor Graphics

Worked for Mentor Graphics? Contribute to the Community!

Mentor Graphics Videos

Mentor Graphics – Why Work for Us?

Mentor Graphics® is a leader in electronic design automation software. We enable companies to develop better electronic products faster and more cost-effectively. Our innovative products and solutions help engineers… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Mentor Graphics interview questions and advice. All 57 interview reviews posted anonymously by Mentor Graphics employees and interview candidates.