Mentor Graphics Interview Questions

Updated Aug 31, 2014
Updated Aug 31, 2014

Marketing Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilsonville, OR

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Mentor Graphics in July 2014.

I was called for an interview for marketing business analyst though. Firstly, they changed the job description and the coordinator sent me a JD which I hadn't even applied for! I reached back to them on this and it was corrected. The interview was very short- They were looking for an IT based skill set which was not described in the JD and was a clear mismatch. Overall a very very unplanned, unorganized disappointing process.

Technical Writer Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Mentor Graphics in July 2014.

Was contacted by HR. He was polite and explained that the job would be based in Fremont, CA. I was asked to write a cover letter explaining my interest and background with respect to the job and send it to the HR within 24 hours of the phone call.

Associate Rotation Engineer-DVT Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Mentor Graphics in August 2012.

I had two rounds of interview . The first round was basic and they gave me information on what they do. It was mostly based on PCB design.

Interview Questions
    • I didnt have much PCB design and were mostly interested in it   Answer Question

Software Development Intern Interview

Basic 2 phone interviews

Corporate Marketing Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Mentor Graphics in January 2014.

The first round was a telephonic interview taken by two people. Couple of questions on my resume and others were about what interested me the most about the position, why the company etc. I was asked to interview for another round the next week. I presented an academic project to around 4-5 people over the internet. Again was asked questions on my resume and behavioral questions. Haven't heard back from them. It has been more than a month.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any in particular but they did grill me about my resume a lot!   Answer Question

Associate Rotational Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Mentor Graphics.

Initially had a HR telephonic interview followed by Technical phone screen.
    They called me onsite and i had 3 rounds, 2 were technical and 1 Behavioral.

Interview Questions
    • HR questions were standard basic, technical concentrated on OOD concepts and VLSI design and Testing.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Offer was pretty attractive

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilsonville, OR

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Mentor Graphics in March 2013.

Phone screen followed by in-person interview. Phone screen is about 30-45 minutes mostly questions out of your resume. In-person is a presentation followed by 2-3 rounds of interview.

Interview Questions
    • Questions on DC drop, split planes, crosstalk. How do you solve crosstalk issues in split planes? What are split planes? What is crosstalk?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilsonville, OR

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Mentor Graphics.

I was contacted about the opportunity after they selected my resume from a uni career fair. We communicated via email about the position before a phone interview. A week after the phone interview, I was invited on-site for multiple interviews and to give a technical presentation. A very positive experience and it paid off as it has paved the way for further engineering roles within the company.

Interview Questions
    • It was one technical question in a topic that I was not that skilled in. It didn't hinder me as I got the other ones correct.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

interviewed at Mentor Graphics in September 2013.

2 Phone interviews
    6 Onsite interviews

1 Take home problem

Interview Questions
    • Mostly C Questions regarding Trees and Algorithms. C++ STL
      Given a sample code and have to find the output. etc
      tcl related questions
        Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Mentor Graphics.

First interview with HR about English proficiency then with several senior engineer and manager. Tests might be given for coding proficiency. Previous employer or relative experience helps a lot. And of course referral will help a lot.

Interview Questions

Worked for Mentor Graphics? Contribute to the Community!