Mentor Graphics Interview Questions

Updated Jul 14, 2015

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Mentor Graphics.

Interview

I applied the position few months ago. After 2 months, the HR staff in headquarter sent a e-mail to schedule the interview. I went to the local branch for the on-site interview. The interview is kind of casual and somewhat unorganized. Several people supposed to interview with me, but after interviewing second employee, the principal engineer said that other interviews are not able to interview because they are tied with meetings. Each interview are just reviewing resume and asking the detail and related technical questions.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Mentor Graphics in May 2015.

Interview

Coding questions. Interview was really simple. Lasted for hardly 10 min. They didn't ask any questions from resume. They gave me few days to prepare. The job description was web development but no questions were asked.

Technical Marketing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Telephone, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Mentor Graphics (Telephone, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

I had a phone interview with someone that wasn't so clear about this job. The job description appeared to be something non-technical, when in fact I found out through other sources that it was actually technical. Needless to say, initially I showed little interest in the job. I had to reach out to the hiring manager through a reference and I was called back. But I think the one that interviewed me still was quite unclear. He said it was a highly technical job, but then he wanted to know I would not miss being hands-on as I am right now. That seemed to me to be quite confusing. Anyway, they wanted to meet me onsite. But then I was traveling for my work the week they wanted me over. This caused a conflict and they decided to go with the candidates they currently had. The position was closed quickly - I think they wanted to hire very fast and couldn't wait. This wasn't so well suited for my timelines at that moment.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a customer makes a particular request for some specific functionality? How would you proceed?   Answer Question
    • You seem to be very hands-on and very in - depth in your technical knowledge. Would you miss your current job upon joining here?   Answer Question

ASIC Verification Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Mentor Graphics (San Jose, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

I had a one hour telephonic round for the position in Oregon. They focused on grilling me over a relevant Project and System Verilog particularly. They checked my knowledge in various phases of ASIC Design and also asked me about the corresponding tools. Power,Timing and Area optimization was also a focus of the interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you synthesize a part of code again after your entire systhesis for the whole design has taken a day?   1 Answer

Corporate Marketing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilsonville, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Mentor Graphics (Wilsonville, OR) in April 2015.

Interview

Phone Interview: It lasted for about 45 minutes. Included behavioral and technical questions. Onsite interview: About to happen in a few days. The interview was really nice. There were two people who interviewed me over the phone, both of whom were working in the same position for which I was interviewing. They made me feel really comfortable despite this being my first ever interview.

Interview Questions

Application

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Mentor Graphics in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online. First interview was a HR and it was very friendly. Second was a tech phone screen. It was not tough or easy. No response after that. Did not go through.

Legal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilsonville, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Mentor Graphics (Wilsonville, OR) in August 2014.

Interview

One on one interview with the supervisor of the department. The interview was mostly a conversation regarding my past experience and what type of opportunity I was looking for. Be prepared to discuss personal interests and hobbies. Overall the interview was more a conversation than a typical question based interview. I received an offer the day after my interview and was given a month to consider accepting it.

Interview Questions

• Explain your experience in the field.   1 Answer

Technical Writer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Mentor Graphics in July 2014.

Interview

Was contacted by HR. He was polite and explained that the job would be based in Fremont, CA. I was asked to write a cover letter explaining my interest and background with respect to the job and send it to the HR within 24 hours of the phone call.

Marketing Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilsonville, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Mentor Graphics (Wilsonville, OR) in July 2014.

Interview

I was called for an interview for marketing business analyst though. Firstly, they changed the job description and the coordinator sent me a JD which I hadn't even applied for! I reached back to them on this and it was corrected. The interview was very short- They were looking for an IT based skill set which was not described in the JD and was a clear mismatch. Overall a very very unplanned, unorganized disappointing process.

Software Development Intern Interview

Interview

Basic 2 phone interviews