Mentor Graphics

61 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Associate Rotation Engineer-DVT Interview

Associate Rotation Engineer-DVT

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Mentor Graphics in August 2012.

Interview Details – I had two rounds of interview . The first round was basic and they gave me information on what they do. It was mostly based on PCB design.

Interview Question – I didnt have much PCB design and were mostly interested in it   Answer Question

Software Development Intern Interview

Software Development Intern

Interviewed at Mentor Graphics

Interview Details – Basic 2 phone interviews

Interview Question – Mostly behavioral questions   Answer Question

Corporate Marketing Engineer

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Mentor Graphics in January 2014.

Interview Details – The first round was a telephonic interview taken by two people. Couple of questions on my resume and others were about what interested me the most about the position, why the company etc. I was asked to interview for another round the next week. I presented an academic project to around 4-5 people over the internet. Again was asked questions on my resume and behavioral questions. Haven't heard back from them. It has been more than a month.

Interview Question – There weren't any in particular but they did grill me about my resume a lot!   Answer Question

Associate Rotational Engineer Interview

Associate Rotational Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Mentor Graphics.

Interview Details – Initially had a HR telephonic interview followed by Technical phone screen.
They called me onsite and i had 3 rounds, 2 were technical and 1 Behavioral.

Interview Question – HR questions were standard basic, technical concentrated on OOD concepts and VLSI design and Testing.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Offer was pretty attractive

Wilsonville, OR

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Mentor Graphics in March 2013.

Interview Details – Phone screen followed by in-person interview. Phone screen is about 30-45 minutes mostly questions out of your resume. In-person is a presentation followed by 2-3 rounds of interview.

Interview Question – Questions on DC drop, split planes, crosstalk. How do you solve crosstalk issues in split planes? What are split planes? What is crosstalk?   Answer Question

Wilsonville, OR

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Mentor Graphics.

Interview Details – I was contacted about the opportunity after they selected my resume from a uni career fair. We communicated via email about the position before a phone interview. A week after the phone interview, I was invited on-site for multiple interviews and to give a technical presentation. A very positive experience and it paid off as it has paved the way for further engineering roles within the company.

Interview Question – It was one technical question in a topic that I was not that skilled in. It didn't hinder me as I got the other ones correct.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
San Francisco, CA

I interviewed at Mentor Graphics in September 2013.

Interview Details – 2 Phone interviews
6 Onsite interviews

1 Take home problem

Interview Question – Mostly C Questions regarding Trees and Algorithms. C++ STL
Given a sample code and have to find the output. etc
tcl related questions
  Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Mentor Graphics.

Interview Details – First interview with HR about English proficiency then with several senior engineer and manager. Tests might be given for coding proficiency. Previous employer or relative experience helps a lot. And of course referral will help a lot.

Interview Question – Tell me about your strength and weakness.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer

Interviewed at Mentor Graphics

Interview Details – I was intern there for 2 years. so there was no interviewing for me

Systems Administrator Interview

Systems Administrator
Santa Clara, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Mentor Graphics in February 2011.

Interview Details – Good folks, friendly and polite

Worked for Mentor Graphics? Contribute to the Community!