Mentor Graphics Interview Questions

Updated Jul 14, 2015

ASIC Verification Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Mentor Graphics (San Jose, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

I had a one hour telephonic round for the position in Oregon. They focused on grilling me over a relevant Project and System Verilog particularly. They checked my knowledge in various phases of ASIC Design and also asked me about the corresponding tools. Power,Timing and Area optimization was also a focus of the interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you synthesize a part of code again after your entire systhesis for the whole design has taken a day?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Wilsonville, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Mentor Graphics (Wilsonville, OR) in April 2015.

Interview

Phone Interview: It lasted for about 45 minutes. Included behavioral and technical questions. Onsite interview: About to happen in a few days. The interview was really nice. There were two people who interviewed me over the phone, both of whom were working in the same position for which I was interviewing. They made me feel really comfortable despite this being my first ever interview.

Legal Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilsonville, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mentor Graphics (Wilsonville, OR) in August 2014.

Interview

One on one interview with the supervisor of the department. The interview was mostly a conversation regarding my past experience and what type of opportunity I was looking for. Be prepared to discuss personal interests and hobbies. Overall the interview was more a conversation than a typical question based interview. I received an offer the day after my interview and was given a month to consider accepting it.

Interview Questions

• Explain your experience in the field.   1 Answer

Interview

Basic 2 phone interviews

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Mentor Graphics.

Interview

Initially had a HR telephonic interview followed by Technical phone screen. They called me onsite and i had 3 rounds, 2 were technical and 1 Behavioral.

Interview Questions

• HR questions were standard basic, technical concentrated on OOD concepts and VLSI design and Testing.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Offer was pretty attractive

Anonymous Employee in Wilsonville, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mentor Graphics (Wilsonville, OR).

Interview

I was contacted about the opportunity after they selected my resume from a uni career fair. We communicated via email about the position before a phone interview. A week after the phone interview, I was invited on-site for multiple interviews and to give a technical presentation. A very positive experience and it paid off as it has paved the way for further engineering roles within the company.

Interview Questions

• It was one technical question in a topic that I was not that skilled in. It didn't hinder me as I got the other ones correct.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mentor Graphics.

Interview

First interview with HR about English proficiency then with several senior engineer and manager. Tests might be given for coding proficiency. Previous employer or relative experience helps a lot. And of course referral will help a lot.

Software Developer Interview

Interview

I was intern there for 2 years. so there was no interviewing for me

Interview

FV related so lot of SV, OVM, UVM related questions definitely. Besides CLock Domain crossing etc. Based on their products. couple of phone screen rounds, onsite interview rounds atleast one or two - Lot of technical skills focus w.r.t industry standard methodologies

Anonymous Employee in Wilsonville, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Mentor Graphics (Wilsonville, OR) in March 2013.

Interview

Phone screen followed by in-person interview. Phone screen is about 30-45 minutes mostly questions out of your resume. In-person is a presentation followed by 2-3 rounds of interview.

Interview Questions

• Questions on DC drop, split planes, crosstalk. How do you solve crosstalk issues in split planes? What are split planes? What is crosstalk?   Answer Question