Mentor Graphics

Mentor Graphics Interview Questions

Updated Nov 21, 2014
Updated Nov 21, 2014

Senior Applications Engineer Interview

FV related so lot of SV, OVM, UVM related questions definitely. Besides CLock Domain crossing etc. Based on their products.
    couple of phone screen rounds, onsite interview rounds atleast one or two
    - Lot of technical skills focus w.r.t industry standard methodologies

Corporate Marketing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilsonville, OR

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Mentor Graphics in March 2013.

Phone screen followed by in-person interview. Phone screen is about 30-45 minutes mostly questions out of your resume. In-person is a presentation followed by 2-3 rounds of interview.

Interview Questions
    • Questions on DC drop, split planes, crosstalk. How do you solve crosstalk issues in split planes? What are split planes? What is crosstalk?   Answer Question

Embedded Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mobile, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mobile, AL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Mentor Graphics in October 2012.

Got a phone call from the company's HR to set up phone interview. The phone interview was conducted by one of their team member. Questions about C, memory management, executable file format and some questions about resume. I passed and got the onsite. The interview lasted about 5 hours including talking with different team members. Questions about embedded system concepts, C compiler and preprocessor, interrupt handling, cache ...
    The interview was quite informal and the interviewers seemed not ready to ask questions. But they were very friendly.

Interview Questions
    • Given a continuous block of memory, design a fifo data cache with the interface get_data() and put_data().   View Answer

Corporate Marketing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilsonville, OR

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Mentor Graphics.

Phone Screen....Talked about job and possible advancements. Explained to me that he got my resume from my university careers department....

Interview Questions

Don't offer Engineering student a telemarketing job....really what a waste of time!

Data Center Technician Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Mentor Graphics in September 2012.

Two stage interview with the Hiring manager and tour of applicable facility areas as well as interview with the team leaders for the data center and IT groups. Interview setting was relaxed compared to most with a general sense that the team is strait-forward and to the point.

Interview Questions
    • Not much in the way of the unexpected, they are very to the point, friendly but also professional. The hiring manager might throw behavioral questions in mix.   Answer Question

Associate Rotation Engineer-DVT Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Mentor Graphics in August 2012.

I had two rounds of interview . The first round was basic and they gave me information on what they do. It was mostly based on PCB design.

Interview Questions
    • I didnt have much PCB design and were mostly interested in it   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Mentor Graphics in July 2012.

The interview was unorganized and my interviewers didn't seem ready to give an interview. After an introduction, a random employee was asked to interview me with no preparation. He asked questions and got the terminology wrong, then wondered how I didn't know the answer. I was also asked what my dream company to work for is, as if it would be this one rather than a Silicon Valley company.

Interview Questions
    • What is the purpose of abstract data types?   View Answer

Market Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilsonville, OR

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Mentor Graphics in February 2012.

One on one interview with all team members

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Mentor Graphics in February 2011.

Good folks, friendly and polite

Rotational Emulation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Mentor Graphics in October 2010.

Was contacted by the recruiter who set up a phone interview. Almost all questions were based on the projects on resume. Got a positive feedback from the recruiter within a few days, but took a long time to schedule an on-site interview. On-site interview consisted of 8 rounds with 8 different employees. All of them except for 1 asked interesting and very related questions.
    C / C ++ --- Tested OOPS concepts with a sample code.
    Verilog / VHDL -- Basic design questions.
    Circuit Design questions.
    Project related questions.
    Logical puzzles ---- Extremely Vague !!!
    No response for almost a month following the interview. Had to repeatedly mail the recruiter to get a response. Turned out to be a reject .. But was a good learning exp. Helped me crack the on-site interview for my dream job elsewhere.