Mentor Graphics

57 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Mentor Graphics.

Interview Details – Phone interview followed by onsite interview

Interview Question – produce-consumer problem   Answer Question

Senior Applications Engineer Interview

Senior Applications Engineer

Interviewed at Mentor Graphics

Interview Details – FV related so lot of SV, OVM, UVM related questions definitely. Besides CLock Domain crossing etc. Based on their products.
couple of phone screen rounds, onsite interview rounds atleast one or two
- Lot of technical skills focus w.r.t industry standard methodologies

Interview Question – business case and sales related questions   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst
Wilsonville, OR

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Mentor Graphics in June 2010.

Interview Details – Submitted resume and followed up with recruiting team. Completed pre-screening phone interview, full day of in-person interviews with 6-8 staff in 1:1 setting, completed final 1:1 interview with hiring manager. Overall, it was a good experience.

Interview Question – Answering specific questions about Excel, without having Excel in front of me.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was happy with the initial offer and didn't feel the need to negotiate further.

Embedded Software Engineer Interview

Mobile, AL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Mentor Graphics in October 2012.

Interview Details – Got a phone call from the company's HR to set up phone interview. The phone interview was conducted by one of their team member. Questions about C, memory management, executable file format and some questions about resume. I passed and got the onsite. The interview lasted about 5 hours including talking with different team members. Questions about embedded system concepts, C compiler and preprocessor, interrupt handling, cache ...
The interview was quite informal and the interviewers seemed not ready to ask questions. But they were very friendly.

Interview Question – Given a continuous block of memory, design a fifo data cache with the interface get_data() and put_data().   View Answer

Product Marketing Manager Interview

Product Marketing Manager
Minneapolis, MN

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Mentor Graphics in June 2008.

Interview Details – I knew the person that was hiring and she was pretty sure she wanted to hire me, so the interviews were a bit of a formality. I did 2 interviews, both pretty standard and routine. Mentor is big, global company, but outside of headquarters things are relatively relaxed, and that's how the interviews felt.

Interview Question – Unfortunately I don't recall the interview questions that were asked.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Fairly straightforward. There wasn't really any room to negotiate on salary.

Very Easy Interview

Corporate Marketing Engineer Interview

Wilsonville, OR

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Mentor Graphics.

Interview Details – Phone Screen....Talked about job and possible advancements. Explained to me that he got my resume from my university careers department....

Interview Question – What interested you in this role?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Don't offer Engineering student a telemarketing job....really what a waste of time!

Intern Interview

Intern
Huntsville, AL

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Mentor Graphics in July 2012.

Interview Details – The interview was unorganized and my interviewers didn't seem ready to give an interview. After an introduction, a random employee was asked to interview me with no preparation. He asked questions and got the terminology wrong, then wondered how I didn't know the answer. I was also asked what my dream company to work for is, as if it would be this one rather than a Silicon Valley company.

Interview Question – What is the purpose of abstract data types?   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Intern Interview

Intern
Portland, OR

I interviewed at Mentor Graphics in March 2008.

Interview Details – This actually is an intern phone interview. It went through pretty well as companies are eager to get whatever they can get at that time.

Marketing Manager Interview

Marketing Manager
Marlborough, MA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Mentor Graphics in January 2010.

Interview Details – I was already an employee that was there through acquisition. We didn't have to interview really for our jobs. The "away team" was sent from the division to check us all out though but they didn't listen to anything we had to say about how we did business. We spent the next nine months waiting for them to figure it out while they completely destroyed everything we had done for the past 10 years and then came back and told us we were right but made it sound like it was their idea.

Interview Question – None   Answer Question

Rotational Emulation Engineer Interview

Fremont, CA

The process took 7 weeks - interviewed at Mentor Graphics in October 2010.

Interview Details – Was contacted by the recruiter who set up a phone interview. Almost all questions were based on the projects on resume. Got a positive feedback from the recruiter within a few days, but took a long time to schedule an on-site interview. On-site interview consisted of 8 rounds with 8 different employees. All of them except for 1 asked interesting and very related questions.
C / C ++ --- Tested OOPS concepts with a sample code.
Verilog / VHDL -- Basic design questions.
Circuit Design questions.
Project related questions.
Logical puzzles ---- Extremely Vague !!!
No response for almost a month following the interview. Had to repeatedly mail the recruiter to get a response. Turned out to be a reject .. But was a good learning exp. Helped me crack the on-site interview for my dream job elsewhere.

Interview Question – C ++ code to test OOPS concepts.   Answer Question